Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249656 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1215 on: October 08, 2022, 01:54:48 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I cleaned and refilled the Chalwyn Consul oily lamp, and I'm waiting for the wick to take up the oily stuff before it gets litted.!  :love: :oil-ltn:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1216 on: October 08, 2022, 04:51:35 PM » Author: Olav
Today, after many years, I was finally able to mount my "Boule" from HOLOPHANE on a plate.
The photo shows today the first test operation with MV lamp 125W.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1217 on: October 08, 2022, 04:53:22 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I like it.!!  :love: :bulbman:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1218 on: October 08, 2022, 05:53:58 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I’ve replaced my rather untidy main junction box for my outside lighting this afternoon for a trimmed down neater version using Wagos and a Wiska box!  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1219 on: October 08, 2022, 05:58:43 PM » Author: Rommie
Gel filled, I hope, if it's out in the weather..?  :wndr:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Olav

View Posts
View Gallery

Olav Kettner
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1220 on: October 08, 2022, 06:05:04 PM » Author: Olav
I like it.!!  :love: :bulbman:

Thanks. I bought the fixture (it weighs 20 kg) in Caen (F) and picked it up by train, i.e. from Hamburg to Caen and back again.
In Paris with it in the metro during rush hour.
At the latest then you know that you are crazy with this hobby.
Still good.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1221 on: October 08, 2022, 06:20:08 PM » Author: Rommie
That must have been fun, I've been on the Paris Metro as well  ;D

I've been on the London Underground with 4ft fluorescent tubes, that was bad enough  :lol:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1222 on: October 08, 2022, 06:35:14 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Gel filled, I hope, if it's out in the weather..?  :wndr:
No, it’s nice and dry in the loft!  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1223 on: October 08, 2022, 06:52:54 PM » Author: Rommie
That's ok then  :bulbman:

I do like Wago connectors, just bought some of the 221-2411 inline ones, need to get some of the boxes for them now.

Das Rheingold

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1224 on: October 08, 2022, 07:41:33 PM » Author: Das Rheingold
Not today, but yesterday I helped identify the lights that needed replacing at my work and took out and identified the bulb.

Got up in the boom lift and took out the bulb, a 400 watt probe start metal halide.  :emh: I figured they were metal halide, but I went up just in case there was the off chance that they were mercury vapor.

No one can say this hobby can't be useful and helpful  ;)

My preference: Mercury Vapor > High Pressure Sodium > Metal Halide > Low Pressure Sodium > Incandescent > LED

Classical music appreciator, lover of all things machinery

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1225 on: October 08, 2022, 07:47:28 PM » Author: joseph_125
@Olav - Nice fixture and that's some trip to carry it, especially by train. I've carried lights before by train but it was only within my city. One time I did bring a 30pk case of 3ft fluorescent tubes home on the train.

@Rommie - Those Wago connectors look to be similar to the ones I have on the ends of my test cords. See I don't use wirenuts for everything, even though it may seem that way. :mrg:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 07:52:32 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1226 on: October 08, 2022, 07:48:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
@ Das Rheingold: Yes it's nice when the knowledge you've acquired can be used in every day life  :love:
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 07:52:41 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1227 on: October 08, 2022, 11:06:55 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
That time of year has arrived ...
Nope, not fall.
but Light Time!
The Christmas lights have started going up!
 (but will ofcourse remain off(except for testing & while actually putting up) til Thanksgiving)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1228 on: October 11, 2022, 05:42:03 AM » Author: 108CAM
I've been very busy dealing with personal issues so have spent less time here but my lights are still shining bright!
I'll be starting work on my Christmas light display for 2022/23 in about a months time and I'll be lighting up my SOX lamp for my birthday on October 16.
I also made a mount for one of my lights that used to be gathering dust.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1229 on: October 15, 2022, 12:20:18 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today at one of the church buildings I maintain I converted 9 shoebox parking lot fixtures from 150W HPS Mogul over to LED.  Using the same fixture.  Removed the rusty old ballasts and a few newer ballasts, and hardwired the socket into the hot and neutral.  The new LED bulbs are Field-Adjustable LED post tops.  Pretty nifty.  Can use a selector slide switch on the lamp to specify 3000k, 4000K, or 5000k, and also specify wattage- 36, 45, or 54 for these specific lamps.  I have 54 watts selected and 3000K color.  Looks decent.  I'll get some night shots of them soon.  Did the retrofit during the daytime.  Also installed a new Intermatic - ET1725C - 7-Day Electronic Time Switch, Clock for the parking lot lights as the old analog/dial style had worn out. 

At another building, I had to replace a 4 or 5 year old LED parking lot fixture where the LED board had fried, and replaced a faulty twist type photcell on another fixture. 

https://www.rablighting.com/feature/field-adjustable-led-post-top

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies