Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249732 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #315 on: September 03, 2019, 11:38:16 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I had a little fun <evil grin>  I ran an EoL Sylvania T12 34 watt tube to true EoL on a T8 Ballast.  those 34 watt Sylvania and GE and Philips tubes can really hang in there and put on quite a show.  Always fun to see.  The Sylvania 34 watts always tend to have good long black socks too, kinda like the 80s GEs. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #316 on: September 04, 2019, 07:44:20 AM » Author: suzukir122
Searched around this morning for PL-L 18w light fixtures and desk lamps on Ebay that could potentially fit
a HPF magnetic Rapid Start ballast rated for 1 PL-L 18w lamp. Heh... no luck there. If anyone can help a bro out,
that would be awesome.
Most fixtures and desk lamps for PL-L 18w lamps contain small electronic ballasts, with small ballast channels.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #317 on: September 04, 2019, 06:27:04 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
Today I had a little fun <evil grin>  I ran an EoL Sylvania T12 34 watt tube to true EoL on a T8 Ballast.  those 34 watt Sylvania and GE and Philips tubes can really hang in there and put on quite a show.  Always fun to see.  The Sylvania 34 watts always tend to have good long black socks too, kinda like the 80s GEs. 
Yep..always fun to fry an EOL lamp like that :)
I've had those F34's last for a couple extra months on a T8 ballast - after the point when they EOL on a standard F40 RS ballast.
(but doing fairly short runs, of maybe a hour at most)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #318 on: September 04, 2019, 09:18:25 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I saved an 8 Foot F96PG fixture.... Or rather half of it... I'll recover the reflector later..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #319 on: September 04, 2019, 09:46:42 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HomeBrewLamps
I saved an 8 Foot F96PG fixture....
A standard F96 fixture is enough of a pain to get home in the car, I couldn't imagine trying to get a beast like a PG version home on a bike!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #320 on: September 05, 2019, 01:51:02 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Picked up a bunch of F32T8 Philips Energy Advantage 25 watt 3500ks.  most have lots of life left.  Also included was a few T12s.  And one or two T5s!  These came from an old church building in downtown denver that was recently sold.  They had upgraded to LED. 

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #321 on: September 07, 2019, 11:12:13 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I took the 'Big Spool O Lights' I got a couple weeks ago out to the patio. Removed the lights from it spreading the them around the yard, for testing & cleaning.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 11:04:30 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #322 on: September 08, 2019, 02:58:58 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
tested some power grooves. two out of the eight i hauled home are goners but I ain't too sad over it.. having 3 pairs is cool enough in my books.. Hoping to find more eight footers.... I like their power.

on Friday I ordered a 55W SOX ballast and another SOX lamp.. this time a Philips, so I'll have 6 Norelco lamps and a philips.. I'm hoping to collect up at least 10 lamps. Hoping for more like 20 but I'm doing what I can with the resources I'm given. the likelyhood of me finding SOX out in the wild abandoned is very slim since there is no record I've discovered of any SOX around here so all my SOX collecting will have to be done through buying. the only lamps I will specifically target will be 55 watters but if i find an 18 watter for real cheep i might jump on it.. I always like the tiny lamps dunno why.. I'm sure 18 watt sox isn't actually "tiny" though.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 03:11:32 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #323 on: September 09, 2019, 04:17:01 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Replaced 5 EoL 150 Watt HPS parking lot lamps.  Mogul Base.  They likely ran 12 years or so dusk to dawn before going EoL so not too shabby. 

Then went to another building and replaced 3 250 watt HPS bulbs.  1 bulb was possibly a late 70s vintage Sylvania that had sat loose in the socket I believe since it was installed.  Sometimes it worked, most of the time it didn't.  I screwed it in completely and it fired right up.  Decided to let it be.  the pole was hidden by a tree that was removed recently.  Figured this building will get new poles and LED lights in the next 5 years so might as well let her run as long as I can. 

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #324 on: September 11, 2019, 10:00:37 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Impatiently waiting for my /X lamp, 55 watt Sox lamp and ballast to arrive in the mail... Ahhhh

~Owen

Edmund Ironside

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #325 on: September 13, 2019, 02:32:12 PM » Author: Edmund Ironside
I work as a electronics salesman, today i sold a bunch of 20W halogen MR11 spotlights from Osram to a nearby store and yesterday i sold a bunch of Radium 36W T8's (german made!). Good times!

Made in Sweden

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #326 on: September 13, 2019, 02:40:41 PM » Author: Rommie
Rigged up a Thorn Beta 79 to test it before possibly mounting it on a wall bracket in the living room (and why not..?!)  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #327 on: September 15, 2019, 01:14:40 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Currently have two clear westy lifeguards coming in the mail as well as a BY22D socket for my SOX.

~Owen

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #328 on: September 15, 2019, 05:02:25 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Tried testing some light controllers, but no luck.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #329 on: September 15, 2019, 05:10:56 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Bummer.

Well yesterday I changed out 6 instant start Sylvania F32T8 0.41 amp ballasts for 6 used Programmed start Sylvania and Philips/Advance F32T8 ballasts, 0.50 amp (philips) and .048 amp (Sylvania)  Still have a few more to do in this building, but the brighter light is nice and the programmed start will extend the life on these tubes in the long run. (in a bathroom with occupancy sensor, and a church kitchen)   

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies