Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 254374 times)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #390 on: November 11, 2019, 11:06:54 AM » Author: Rommie
@Mandolin Girl, are those tungsten filament based mercury lamps? (Of course I'm willing to bet they are)
If not, I've never heard of literal self ballasted mercury lamps before. That would be AWESOME if those
existed.
Really..? You didn't know of self-ballasted MV lamps..? They've been around for years and there are plenty of examples on this site. Here is a GE 120V one  :mv: 8)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #391 on: November 11, 2019, 12:41:51 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
This topic has been on the off topic board for far too long.

It's been moved.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #392 on: November 11, 2019, 12:43:33 PM » Author: Rommie
This topic has been on the off topic board for far too long.

It's been moved.

Thanks Owen. I believe it was suggested a while back, glad to see it's done :)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #393 on: November 12, 2019, 11:40:07 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We connected up a porcelain BC holder so that we could have our Lamp of the Day

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #394 on: November 14, 2019, 05:12:43 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We received two photo flood lamps in the mail, an Osram one and an Atlas one.  8)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #395 on: November 16, 2019, 12:51:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Although we did move the spot light at the start of the month, it was only today that we took a photo of it in its new location.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #396 on: November 17, 2019, 01:33:09 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
The resistors I'd ordered came in this week, so finished with the mini lights I'd started converting to LED awhile back.

Also put up some Christmas lights outside.

Oh and, took down/put away my LED streetlight & the bugzappers for winter

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #397 on: November 18, 2019, 12:48:49 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We fitted this with an ignitor, so that we could run our Iwasaki green MH lamp as our Lamp of the Day  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #398 on: November 19, 2019, 02:31:45 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Ria is sitting under the glow of our Infraphil lamp.
She has got a really bad cold and it does help.  8)

So, it's our Lamp of the Day  8)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2019, 02:45:26 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #399 on: November 20, 2019, 06:03:40 PM » Author: LightsDelight
I probably won't do much today because I can't go in the shed today because its bloody 33 degrees today >:( and ill probably get heat stroke from a small tin shed. I might end up doing a YT video on something idk what tho.

Keep discharge lighting alive

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #400 on: November 20, 2019, 06:21:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today we took delivery of some NEMA photocell sockets  8)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 06:46:51 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #401 on: November 21, 2019, 02:29:01 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another day, and more goodies for us in the post, today it was these three bits of interesting lighting history.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #402 on: November 22, 2019, 12:23:33 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today we received an EPROM eraser that had a Philips TUV6 UV-C lamp inside it, here it is lit up inside a beer glass to protect us from the radiation.  8)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 01:39:55 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #403 on: November 23, 2019, 12:06:43 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We got a toggle switch in the post today, so we can fit it into this to short out the igniter that we fitted.  8)
That means we can light HPS lamps that need an igniter :hps:, or short it out for running our MA/V lamp.  :mv:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #404 on: November 26, 2019, 12:07:00 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Put up some Christmas lights/cords/etc, trying to get it all 'done enough' to be  operational ahead of an approaching snowstorm  which could dump a foot or more of snow (which means basically no more  putting up lights for awhile & 'lights on' day  is Thanksgiving). 
I did get to  that point, finishing up in the evening (after blowing most of the day) as the snow was beginning...

...Then I discovered a  problem with one of my controllers. Ended up replacing a little part in it, which was a pain to do. (and after all that it didn't fix it & turned out to be another problem that was more easily fixed(still a bit of a pain tho) )
All I can say is that little fuker got a fair bit of cussing at it during  said repair job .lol.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies