Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249776 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #465 on: January 31, 2020, 06:21:21 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Spent £63 at B+Q on an upgrade to my kitchen unit lighting!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #466 on: January 31, 2020, 06:32:14 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I bought more lights for my studio on Amazon.

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #467 on: January 31, 2020, 06:46:57 PM » Author: Rommie
Spent £63 at B+Q on an upgrade to my kitchen unit lighting!
We spent just under £50 at B&Q as well, on supplies to build more ballast boards, wire in the recently purchased emergency light, and wire up an 8W T5 fitting in the cupboard where we keep most of our lamps.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #468 on: January 31, 2020, 07:19:18 PM » Author: AngryHorse
You always hear people here slagging off B+Q, but I think their just getting better and better!, (for our US members, B+Q is the UKs largest hardware store), their quality of lighting product’s, and the verity you get now, in the larger stores is way better than it was 10 years ago!
Their even stocking spares now too!, I got 10 x GU10 Lamp holders just on their own, at the Trafford branch this afternoon, spare GU10s were unheard of at B+Q just a few years ago!, you would have had to order them on line at a lightning supplier!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 07:21:10 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #469 on: February 01, 2020, 12:01:47 PM » Author: LightsDelight
A good mate of mine came around to my place to drop off some fittings I bought off him and had a 'play' with them ;)

Keep discharge lighting alive

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #470 on: February 02, 2020, 10:12:22 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Tested a 0-10v dimmerswitch I got from eBay. Have a 2nd one to test as well.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #471 on: February 03, 2020, 05:44:21 PM » Author: Rommie
Received a Thorn Leopard 16W 2D fitting to install in the cupboard where our gas and electricity meters live. There's a [censored] LED in there right now, so once this is done, we will finally be an LED-free zone  ;D

Edit 06/02/2020: That's done now, see here  8) ;D
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 01:28:52 PM by sox35 » Logged

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

migette1

View Posts
View Gallery

Peter

migette1
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #472 on: February 09, 2020, 02:48:30 PM » Author: migette1
You always hear people here slagging off B+Q, but I think their just getting better and better!, (for our US members, B+Q is the UKs largest hardware store), their quality of lighting product’s, and the verity you get now, in the larger stores is way better than it was 10 years ago!
Their even stocking spares now too!, I got 10 x GU10 Lamp holders just on their own, at the Trafford branch this afternoon, spare GU10s were unheard of at B+Q just a few years ago!, you would have had to order them on line at a lightning supplier!

Someone tell B&Q to checkout their potting composts it resulted in killing many of my plants, seems the makers of these composts can add any crap from household waste including grass clippings which had been treated with weed killer. B&Q was modelled on Home Depot almost direct copy.....if you grow plants in UK go to somewhere where they do not add CRAP or a mineral type of growing medium and some cat litters are okay....good luck!

Interested in the history of electric lighting and incandescent in particular and neon glow lamps.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #473 on: February 11, 2020, 05:38:01 PM » Author: Rommie
Installed our Emergency light fitting above the front door. It's wired to a spur point next to a double 13A socket in the hall, with a key test switch next to it. Photos unlit, lit and the test switch.
The green power on LED is bright enough to serve as a night light if we need to go to the loo in the middle of the night  ;D
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 06:03:05 PM by sox35 » Logged

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #474 on: February 13, 2020, 11:08:18 AM » Author: Rommie
A double entry, didn't get time yesterday to post (ok I forgot..!)

Yesterday: Received some lamps in the post, a 26W Philips SOX-E lamp from eBay and a nice big box from Andy (589) containing a clear 100W MV lamp, a 35W HPS lamp (which doesn't like our UK ballast, unfortunately, but that's something we can work on), a Westinghouse Lifeguard 100W MV with A23 bulb, and a 50-100-150W 3-way incandescent and lampholder  ;D

Photos to follow  ;D :mv: :hps: :lps: :bulbman:

Today's entry: FINALLY got around to mounting our Thorn Gamma 6 (aka Gemma) on a pole in the corner of the living room, again photos to follow  :lps: ;D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:25:46 PM by sox35 » Logged

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #475 on: February 13, 2020, 04:41:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today's entry: FINALLY got around to mounting our Thorn Gamma 6 (aka Gemma) on a pole in the corner of the living room, again photos to follow  :lps: ;D

And here is the picture of the finished installation.  :lps: :bulbman:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #476 on: February 21, 2020, 07:13:15 PM » Author: Rommie
How come nobody else is posting on this thread..? We don't want to get accused of hogging it, come on people, what have you been doing..?

Today we made up a display board for our newly acquired 10W SOX lamp, boy did it cause us problems, but hopefully it's ok now, why is it things always take at least 3 times as long as you expect them to..?  ::) :lps:

Pictures to follow  :)

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #477 on: February 21, 2020, 08:24:03 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Ok, it's not today necessarily but I took a look at the lights at my uncle's house last Saturday. Replaced an EOL lamp, removed another and unplugged the light (magnetic RS ballast - he doesn't have the time and it's still plenty bright in there without it, told him to plug it back in if he gets another lamp), and scheduled the lights in his elevator for repair.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #478 on: March 15, 2020, 02:23:58 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Last thursday I replaced the fluorescent lamp above my kitchen window. Old Philips TL-D 18w 827 had gone eol. The new lamp was nos Aura light 830. It worked fine for couple of evenings and was even quite bright but this morning I noticed there is something wrong with it. It still starts easily but stays dim and flickery like never warming up properly no matter how long it runs and it's in room temp. I wonder if it's contaminated or something.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #479 on: March 15, 2020, 04:44:11 PM » Author: Rommie
Made another display board for 18W SOX lamps. The old one we had we gave to member Bubbler Tube, so we needed another one  :lps:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2020, 06:53:44 PM by sox35 » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies