Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 67070 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #570 on: October 15, 2020, 05:14:30 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Received and unboxed my AEL 115 today, thankfully it arrived intact.

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

Collector of lights and anything else that interests me as long as I have space for that particular thing!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

LONG LIVE VINTAGE!!!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #571 on: October 15, 2020, 05:40:44 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Met up with Mike and got some cool stuff! 8)

Vintage will always win over modern!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

MH, HPS, MV, and SOX lighting forever.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #572 on: October 16, 2020, 01:29:47 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Today, I was working on making plug-in ignitors for 70w metal halide wall packs so that I can switch between metal halide/European external ignitor HPS and mercury vapor/European internal ignitor HPS very easily.

Say NO to ballast and bulb bans. MV, MH, HPS, and SOX forever!!!! Magnetic preheat fluorescent forever!!!!!

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), ballasts, and fixtures from around the world.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #573 on: October 16, 2020, 02:46:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I replaced the wick and refilled my Chalwyn Oil Lamp

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber (1894 - 1961)

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID lamp and fixture collector.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #574 on: October 19, 2020, 08:45:00 PM » Author: HPS_250
I made an offer to buy two Westinghouse Ceramalux C100S54s from a lot of 8.

I like all kinds of lighting and electrical, except for LED, which I classify as a disease.
- HID lamp and fixture collector
- Vintage incandescent lamp collector
Power Company: Southern California Edison
Proudly suffering from Westinghouse Lifeguard sickness since 2019.
Save the sodium lamps!

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #575 on: October 23, 2020, 01:35:34 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Today, I was finally able to operate a 60w SLI/H linear low pressure sodium fixture off American household mains although it does not have the ideal ballast.

Here is my posting of this beautiful low pressure sodium fixture lit up:

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=6271&pos=2&pid=187869

Say NO to ballast and bulb bans. MV, MH, HPS, and SOX forever!!!! Magnetic preheat fluorescent forever!!!!!

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), ballasts, and fixtures from around the world.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #576 on: October 23, 2020, 01:46:47 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Just bought a AEL 115 200w HPS cobrahead today. Happy to have a 200w HPS light for the collection.

I have actually gotten several 200w HPS ballasts from roadkilled cobrahead lanterns. Plus I also got 2 roadkilled acorn post top lanterns that run 200w HPS lamps.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #577 on: October 23, 2020, 02:27:31 AM » Author: joseph_125
The replacement HO lampholder I ordered came in today so I chopped the curb find Lithonia F48HO strip from last week to 24" in order to run F24T12HO lamps instead.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #578 on: October 23, 2020, 03:14:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
There's only one word for what we did today and that is WOW.!!

We met up with the seller of the lamps we bought on eBay so that he didn't need to post them and risk them getting broken. :)
He then proceeded to rummage through the back of his van and hauled out lamp after lamp for us to have, including several rare lamps.  :love: :bulbman: :bulbman: :bulbman: :bulbman:
We half expected a very fast car with flashing lights on top chase us down the road.!!  :police:

There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.

sox35
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #579 on: October 23, 2020, 03:23:59 PM » Author: sox35
Wow is an understatement, it's going to take us days to catalogue all the stuff we got..! I have no idea where we're sleeping tonight as the bed is now covered in lamps :lol:

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end :love:

Administrator, UK and European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch
:love:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #580 on: October 23, 2020, 07:39:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
Got some lamps from the Restore. Just some modern Sylvania F34/CWX lamps and a pair of Sylvania 60w clear fan incandescent lamps.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #581 on: October 25, 2020, 11:17:34 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Sorting some of the many lamps that we collected on Friday  :lps: :hps: :mv: :emh: :mvblb: :bumh: :mvc: :sli: :tuinc: :son-t: :mv-t: :tumh: :cfl3: :lfl:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #582 on: October 25, 2020, 09:18:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday: put up some Halloween lights
Today: Worked on some sets of Christmas lights that I'm modifying.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #583 on: October 26, 2020, 06:20:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Saturday i hung up some lights in my room, and today i have been chilling and messing around with random lamps.

collecting since 2012

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #584 on: October 26, 2020, 11:41:40 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Created some simple sequences to run my Halloween lights, and fired them up :)
There's one set that for some reason wasn't working. Its just too cold to go outside & try to figure out why (not to mention the roof is covered with snow & ice, so it really ain't safe to go up there...)

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines