Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 61165 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Westinghouse OV-25s at sunset.

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #540 on: September 01, 2020, 10:09:01 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I inspected some lights around the house and will have to replace another LED due to flickering. It was installed November 2018 and is used 8-10 hours a night. I didn't have any replacements on me so I will have to get one tomorrow.

Good quality things are awesome. Cheaply made things are not.

sox35

View Posts
View Gallery

Mainly the electrical side of things

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #541 on: September 04, 2020, 07:33:44 AM » Author: sox35
Ok so not strictly lighting-related, but we repaired the malfunctioning cooling fan on the 12V 32A DC power supply we use to drive the 120V 60Hz inverter we use to power our American 60Hz discharge ballasts, so in a round-about way it's slightly to do with lighting Wink Grin

Edit- we also just installed a fan in the network rack cabinet as it gets a bit warm in there with all the kit that has to stay on 24/7  Mind Blown
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 09:37:47 AM by sox35 » Logged

Ria in Aberdeen
It'll be all right in the end, and if it isn't all right, it isn't the end Love

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #542 on: September 04, 2020, 07:56:08 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Forgot to talk about this but last Sunday i installed these   undercabinet lights.

collecting since 2012

Wireman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #543 on: September 04, 2020, 02:07:53 PM » Author: Wireman
I installed some GE Dawn Pink incandescents from 1988 in a cool 80s fixture that I got from paintballer22.

"Hell, there are no rules here. We're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas Edison

"Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes." Neal Peart

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #544 on: September 04, 2020, 03:23:03 PM » Author: joseph_125
Picked up an order of 69w traffic signal incandescent lamps I placed a couple of days ago. Funny thing, the person at the counter said they haven't placed an order for them for 5 years.  Mind Blown

Makes sense as the very last incandescent signals in the my area disappeared in 2015 or so.

When I first started collecting signals I used to use regular clear 40w incandescents as those were everywhere but I switched to buying the proper lamps now as the regular 40w lamps are now banned. Appliance lamps do work but cost around the same at the real deal now. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 03:29:56 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #545 on: September 04, 2020, 05:13:24 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
This was yesterday, but I replaced the flickering LED lamp (which was working fine oddly, by the time I got a new lamp to replace it) with a new one. Even though it's working fine now, it will be retired.

Wireman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #546 on: September 09, 2020, 08:07:24 PM » Author: Wireman
Finally was able to go to the ReStore for the first time. I didn't even know about this until I heard about them from my friends here at LG. Thanks all! I bought the following

-2 F15T12 cool white fluorescents, a GE and a no-name.

-2 Sylvania clear 150w incandescents with a PS30 shape and C-9 filaments.

-1 GE 40w soft white A19

I'm hoping to get back there soon they have some stage light fixtures for only $10 each and a 1950s kitchen drum light I'm thinking about getting.

"Hell, there are no rules here. We're trying to accomplish something." - Thomas Edison

"Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes." Neal Peart

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #547 on: September 24, 2020, 10:39:23 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Got some sets of Christmas lights ready for putting up.
I shoulda started a few weeks ago, deff behind on getting going with it this year.

Its All For The Christmas Lights...
And A Good Summer Thunderstorm!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #548 on: September 27, 2020, 09:39:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Removed the bulbs from a couple sets of mini lights. .. .the first step to converting them to LED.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

zzz

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #549 on: September 29, 2020, 08:45:10 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday...
Upgraded a 2x 24" (currently has T8's, but can also use T12) aquarium light from preheat to electronic RS.

Also not directly lights, but light-related....
saved/backed-up the description/comment pages from some of my GOL streetlight gallery images.
Not sure if I'll continue going through it all (though I'd like to) as its very time-consuming.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 08:52:08 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #550 on: September 29, 2020, 10:29:50 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, what made you switch to electronic RS? Today, I've been searching for non-EOL protected electronic RS ballasts
for my Sadelite desk lamps. The magnetic ballasts for PL-L lamps have been great so far with no starting issues... but seems
as if those ballasts are under-driving my lamps. The lamps are still definitely bright though, but not as bright as when
they contained electronic ballasts. Even my Advance Centium RS electronic ballast for 40w T12's operated PL-L lamps brighter.
Also today: discovered my porch light flickering. It contains a very small 9 watt CFL from Philips. (thanks to me) I don't know the issue
there, but it's possible that it could be a wiring issue.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 10:32:49 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

UCi55A3hASj7xOZ1eTRO1Jvg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #551 on: September 29, 2020, 10:40:16 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Received and inspected a case of 10 Philips 13w PL-S lamps made in Poland.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #552 on: September 29, 2020, 11:28:53 PM » Author: joseph_125
Went out and picked up some lamps for the illuminated street sign I installed yesterday.
Print 
© 2005-2020 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines