Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249596 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1035 on: October 22, 2021, 06:48:05 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
They weren't that expensive and I'm sure you'll find some on your side of the pond for a similar price.  8)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1036 on: October 22, 2021, 11:54:52 PM » Author: icefoglights
Decided that I'm happy with the setup of the new yard light, and took down the ladder.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1037 on: October 23, 2021, 12:22:02 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday...
Put up some Christmas lights.

Today...
I'm posting this from a lights-meetup.
Might put up some more Lights in the afternoon.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1038 on: October 23, 2021, 01:07:03 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We had the 160W SBMV Blacklight blub litted that I got from eBay a while ago.  :mvblb:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1039 on: October 24, 2021, 11:15:20 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've found a much safer place to store the fluorescent tubes that we do have, horizontally on top of the airing rack rather than stacked on their ends in the lampses cupboard. :a_fluor:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1040 on: October 25, 2021, 01:18:56 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Quite a lot of things:  :wndr:

1) Unwrapped lampses and admired them, thanks Lucas and Jeremy  :-*

2) Got our Westy A-H1 litted.  :mv-t:  8)

3) Played lamp box Tetris to find lampses for other collectors.  ::)

4) Started packing said lampses to send off.  :bulbman:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1041 on: October 25, 2021, 10:00:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday...
Put up some Halloween lights, and scheduled on the Pi that runs them which playlist to use + when to turn on/off.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1042 on: October 27, 2021, 08:53:32 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I got out the large roll of corrugated cardboard that we have out of the back of the cupboard so that we can make new lamp wrappers.   :lps: :son-t: :mv-t:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1043 on: October 27, 2021, 04:06:59 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Was that the stuff that you used to package my 80w mv you ladies sent me? :slap:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1044 on: October 27, 2021, 04:08:46 PM » Author: Rommie
If it was corrugated cardboard, it could well have been, don't remember as it was a while ago and I have trouble remembering what I did this morning   :lol:

Although no, scratch that, I was sleeping  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1045 on: October 27, 2021, 04:11:24 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Only a couple of minor jobs, re-fitted the dropped out louves in a couple of 6 foot singles, and re-lamped the ‘customer waiting’ lights in the showroom

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1046 on: October 28, 2021, 04:15:01 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've got another lamp that we got from John (thorncollector) running. ;D

This time it's a clear BT25 150W Philips (Westy) Ceramalux HPS with a 100V arc tube  :hps:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1047 on: October 29, 2021, 04:39:31 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Uploaded my first collage to the Gallery.  :par: :love:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1048 on: October 30, 2021, 11:47:41 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Had to repair the socket on my M400 as i noticed one of the wires is frayed. The socket is connected with spade connectors which came off with a bit of WD-40. Waiting for the new right angle connectors to arrive so i can crimp new wire and get it back running. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1049 on: October 31, 2021, 11:56:41 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday..
Put up some Christmas lights.

Earlier last week..
Fixed some sets of Halloween lights.. of my sister's (won't get used this year, but she'll have them for next year).

---
Probably won't do anything today, looks like it'll be too cold to go outside & put up lights.
(but I *might* dig out my black Christmas tree & do a quick job of putting some orange lights (maybe flickering-flames too) on it for this evening....)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies