Author Topic: Gallery of Lights No Longer?  (Read 51605 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #120 on: October 11, 2020, 11:56:29 PM » Author: joseph_125
Unfortunately I don't think Coppermine has a native backup feature so you'll have to use FTP to batch backup which I think only Ian has access to. Batch backing up would take a lot less time and effort compared to doing it by hand. I suppose you could try try writing a script to partially automate the process from the client side.
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #121 on: October 12, 2020, 03:25:57 PM » Author: LampLover
I've now 'backed up' half the data on my streetlights gallery there...and as I figured, it'd be a painfully slow process. Since it requires viewing each pic individually (and in some cases making little updates/corrections), then saving the files. 

Its also beyond me why FireFox takes one full minute (yes I timed it) to save a HTML file (or a pic) file...when technically that file is already on the computer.

This is why I don't delete any of the (source files) photos I have taken with any camera of mine (which was quite a few different ones). I used to use a 2007 Canon PowerShot A550 but my current Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S9+ SM-G965U) takes better pictures then the Canon did. The internet is subject to link-rot as such anything you posted on any site is not guaranteed to be there even 1 second latter (I literally mean that too). Anyway good luck getting your photos back. When I first started taking photos of things PC storage drives were still measured in the GB range and not the TB range they are in now and were not as cheap as they are today so I am an e-packrat because digital computer files take up no physical space (other then the drives themselves) so I tend to keep everything.

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #122 on: October 12, 2020, 03:30:41 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Must keep in mind that these websites, Lighting Gallery included, are not intended as personal storage and access is not guaranteed.

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #123 on: October 12, 2020, 03:47:50 PM » Author: joseph_125
I already had the pictures that I've uploaded to GoL/LG backed up. Both the resized copy as well as the original but I would like to eventually backup the descriptions/comments eventually.

For personal storage there's plenty of free and paid online cloud options from Google, Microsoft and the like. Or you could get a large hard drive and host your own cloud service if you're concerned about privacy.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 03:49:32 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #124 on: October 12, 2020, 04:10:50 PM » Author: LampLover
Must keep in mind that these websites, Lighting Gallery included, are not intended as personal storage and access is not guaranteed.

I know this is true and that is why I stated what I posted above.

PS: @ Lightingguy1994 when did you become an administrator of this site?

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #125 on: October 12, 2020, 04:15:49 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Sorry I missed that part :lol:

I got onboard little over about a week ago

Administrator #5

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #126 on: October 12, 2020, 04:39:26 PM » Author: LampLover
Sorry I missed that part :lol:

I got onboard little over about a week ago

That is awesome news since you and Owen (HomeBrewLamps) joined the team this site has been great between the new categories and general moderation has been great keep up the good work to you and the rest of the moderation team involved with keeping this site running smoothly.

LED Free Zone!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #127 on: October 12, 2020, 07:51:00 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: LampLover
This is why I don't delete any of the (source files) photos I have taken 
Oh, I kept the source photos (both the original & the cropped/edited) :) ... Its the descriptions/comments for the photos that I'm backing up.
I tend to keep everything as well

Quote from: joseph_125
Unfortunately I don't think Coppermine has a native backup feature so you'll have to use FTP to batch backup which I think only Ian has access to. Batch backing up would take a lot less time and effort compared to doing it by hand. I suppose you could try try writing a script to partially automate the process from the client side. 
It would be awesome if users were able to just FTP in and grab the files...it'd be done in a matter of minutes!
I'm not sure how Coppermine works as far as the "text" part though:
If each image gets its own HTML file
-or-
If its all kept in a central database, then the HTML you see is generated/spit out from that data
(I'm assuming its probably the 2nd one though since it'd save allot of disk space)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #128 on: October 12, 2020, 09:09:12 PM » Author: Patrick
FYI, if any of you need files from this site, we can pull them down for you.  All of a member's photos are stored in a single folder, so it's easy to zip them up.  If you were able to reach Ian for GoL, I imagine he could do the same.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #129 on: October 12, 2020, 10:31:40 PM » Author: LampLover
Oh, I kept the source photos (both the original & the cropped/edited) :) ... Its the descriptions/comments for the photos that I'm backing up.
I tend to keep everything as well

It would be awesome if users were able to just FTP in and grab the files...it'd be done in a matter of minutes!
I'm not sure how Coppermine works as far as the "text" part though:
If each image gets its own HTML file
-or-
If its all kept in a central database, then the HTML you see is generated/spit out from that data
(I'm assuming its probably the 2nd one though since it'd save allot of disk space)

Oh my bad I totally forgot about the descriptions and comment portion of the photos. I usually keep my descriptions of the photos in a *.txt file with the related photos of the item comments on the other hand I don't generally keep unless they contain helpful content

LED Free Zone!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #130 on: November 11, 2020, 06:52:34 PM » Author: joseph_125
I've made a small change to the signup process so now that there aren't 100 bots per day trying to sign up for GoL. This means that I should be able to see your registration a lot easier compared to before.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #131 on: November 11, 2020, 09:06:42 PM » Author: Binarix128
Why GoL went spammed?
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #132 on: January 09, 2021, 06:25:08 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I've had problems with GoL. I was originally going to register there, but I ended up waiting for a week or two. So, I decided to register here. Also, the site isn't secure, so there is a risk of it being hacked. Whenever I do try to look at pictures, I can't really find anything.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 06:26:39 AM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #133 on: January 09, 2021, 08:51:55 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
It seems it is losing popularity compared to LG.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #134 on: January 09, 2021, 01:46:03 PM » Author: rjluna2
I can't upload some more picture at Gallery of Lights ???

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies