Author Topic: Gallery of Lights No Longer?  (Read 49946 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #255 on: May 09, 2023, 08:20:15 PM » Author: Econolite03
Honesty not surprised.
HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #256 on: May 09, 2023, 09:02:21 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I contacted the site owner and let him know about it being down. The site is back up now.
BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #257 on: May 13, 2023, 09:19:05 PM » Author: BT25
Wow, it must not be that important to them. (Sometimes it looks like LG is going the same way...low traffic, postings, comments, etc.)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #258 on: May 13, 2023, 10:45:29 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 LG has it's ups and downs regarding traffic , comments , etc . GoL has been pretty much dead and buried for a few years now !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #259 on: May 14, 2023, 12:09:52 AM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah LG comes and goes regarding traffic. As for GoL, I suppose it does get a post or two every month, providing the site is still up. The site used to be a lot more active even as recent as 2018, a protracted shutdown saw most of the members move on or over to LG.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #260 on: May 14, 2023, 12:16:58 AM » Author: Econolite03
As I’ve mentioned not too long ago, GoL has potential. I think a change in hands, and a makeover (streamline the main page, new icons, updated logo etc.) could help revitalize it. But that’s my thoughts.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #261 on: May 15, 2023, 12:01:34 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I had just recently really thought about making some updates to my streetlight gallery there.
But decided not to bother. I honestly enjoyed doing the gallery thing. (taking photos/editing/uploading & putting together a simple description)
I still take streetlight pic's (but now its basically 'just for myself') not as much as I used to...I just don't see much even worth taking photos of anymore.
As far as my gallery there...
I don't plan to delete or anything, but at the same time...
I plan to just "let it die"
One of these days I figure that something will happen & GOL will just be gone for good :(
When it does that'll be the end of my (online) streetlight image collection. .lol.
(but I'll still have my 'backup' of all the photos/comments/etc)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #262 on: May 15, 2023, 01:59:22 AM » Author: joseph_125
TBH, I've thought about just removing my GoL gallery since a good chunk of the content on GoL is already on LG and what remains are usually of lights that are gone now or lower quality pictures that I skipped over when I uploaded GoL stuff to LG. I suppose I could just leave it in "arrested decay" until either the site picks up in activity (which I doubt unless something changes) or if the site goes down for good. I think a lot of people got put off by the random outages to invest anything into the site, especially the ones that took a while to resolve.

I get the feeling most of the original GoL members that didn't come to LG ended up on the various streetlighting groups on Facebook since it seems like that's the alternate community for American streetlighting collectors. Dunno though because you need a Facebook account and join the groups to even view anything on them.
HIDLad001

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex - a fan of Jefferson Electric ballasts

GoL UCwvPaxz1-rbLAjLpk55zl1A
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #263 on: June 23, 2023, 09:34:51 PM » Author: HIDLad001
I noticed I am one of the small amount of people that are posting new images. It would be nice if someone would let new users in, because I have referred a handful of people to try to get the site going again.

HID Fixtures should stay HID!
Any new photos are taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35!
Local power is 120/240VAC 60Hz, TV is NTSC 480i 59.94, DTV is ATSC 1.0 and simulcast ATSC 3.0.
Using Lighting-Gallery since 2022

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #264 on: June 23, 2023, 11:18:12 PM » Author: joseph_125
I approved a couple of new signups a few days ago so the queue should be clear now. AFAIK signups should be open. Unfortunately I think the other users that are able to approve new members aren't active on GoL that much now.

Anyway it's nice to see some life in GoL.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 11:20:13 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #265 on: February 04, 2024, 02:06:11 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well I tried logging into the site, since I forgot my password on my GoL account there, the password recovery is not working.

Plus, I noticed that the site is still using HTTP and not HTTPS. Which is weird though since all websites need to be HTTPS now days for security reasons.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #266 on: February 04, 2024, 10:45:29 AM » Author: rjluna2
Yep, apparently the person who host that site doesn't have the provision or an account to change from http to https ???

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #267 on: February 04, 2024, 10:47:11 AM » Author: rjluna2
Well I tried logging into the site, since I forgot my password on my GoL account there, the password recovery is not working.

Plus, I noticed that the site is still using HTTP and not HTTPS. Which is weird though since all websites need to be HTTPS now days for security reasons.
You can contact Joe (joseph_125) that he could help with your GOL account.

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #268 on: February 04, 2024, 03:05:48 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann

Reason might be that some hosting companies takes extra charge from using https.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #269 on: February 05, 2024, 03:55:21 PM » Author: rjluna2
Gallery of Lights is down :-\

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies