Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 195268 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1035 on: April 01, 2023, 09:18:19 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
The attached images show one of the actual PDS Warnings from a storm last night
And a radar(Correlation Coefficient mode) showing the tornado - I added an arrow pointing it out

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1036 on: April 01, 2023, 09:20:09 PM » Author: suzukir122
There was apparently a radar indicated tornado on the ground in Troy Ohio, north of Dayton. News stories seem to confirm a tornado as well.
That storm system was crazy, and as of now, there might be another round of severe weather for Tuesday and Wednesday. This time, with warmer temperatures here.
Last nights storms literally fell apart as soon as they passed the Indiana/Ohio borderline. They hit me and brought slightly strong wind and
rain, but that was about it. The strong red middles on radar disappeared, lightning completely went away, and there was no thunder, when
the storms got here.
I'm guessing the cooler temps weakened the storms.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1037 on: April 01, 2023, 10:04:45 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
Its very possible I coulda seen that Ohio storm on radar...but I looked at so many I wouldn't remember. .lol.
There's no tornado reports for Troy, but there is a wind-damage report. (Its gonna be awhile before the NWS survey teams get around to investigating everything ofcourse, but they will check out possible tornado hits)

And yeah once those storms ran out of the mass of warm unstable air, they started dissipating.

---
There is a small risk of severe weather including tornadoes both today(well today is pretty much done) and tomorrow... then yeah Tues could be another outbreak. (chance of some snow for me Tues as part of that system..but no storms here)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1038 on: April 01, 2023, 10:31:21 PM » Author: suzukir122
https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local/ohio/tornado-touched-down-in-miami-county-ohio/530-c8e81247-8d44-4fdb-8274-43ab3bd6cf00 << I gotta work on downsizing
links. haha
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMHK8pbj_Bw, first part of that video. The rest of that video is irrelevant... general forecasting. lol
But yeah, there was a confirmed tornado that touched down near Troy. Somewhere between the F0-F1 range, from what I've read. Not much of a tornado though,
but it did do damage. The tornado in Troy was one of two confirmed touchdowns.
Over here we have the chance of thunderstorms both Tuesday and Wednesday, with Wednesday being our severe weather threat day, I think.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1039 on: April 02, 2023, 01:51:23 AM » Author: Econolite03
Out here it’s been off-and-on showers these past few weekends combined with sunny days with cool to warm temperatures between. Aside from the unexpected EF1+ tornado in Montebello, CA a few weeks ago it’s been staying sunny more often and expected to stay this way through spring. Unfortunately no t-storms likely until fall.

Now on Linktree

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1040 on: April 02, 2023, 08:02:11 AM » Author: Cole D.
Nothing much going on here… we did get a light rain on Wednesday evening. And some dark looking clouds Thursday evening. But that’s it. We aren’t supposed to get any rain for the next week.

Guessing it will be in summer before we have any storms at all.

My great aunt in Alabama was fine that night, she stated in her bathroom with cat and weather radio.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1041 on: April 02, 2023, 08:36:31 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Econolite03, I did see a few thumbnails on the Montebello tornado through search results on YouTube... haven't watched the videos yet though.
It really does look like it was a violent tornado from what I see in those thumbnails though. I know up around that area, it's rare for them
to see tornadoes, or thunderstorms in general. I was in Cali for two months in 2014, and it never rained... it was sunny each day lol

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1042 on: April 02, 2023, 04:44:59 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
Yep.. SPC now has 2 confirmed tornadoes listed in OH, one in Antwerp, one in Wapakoneta .. so probably one of those?

@Cole D:
Same here, I don't expect to see any storms til June (probably will get a couple little thundershowers in May, but the bigger/true storms generally won't happen til it truly warms up...)

-------------
There's another round of severe storms & likely tornadoes coming this afternoon/evening, this time in TX (storms are starting to fire up now)

Nothing where I am .. but it is warm & kinda windy (and dry), so a red-flag warning has been posted for wildfire danger.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1043 on: April 02, 2023, 06:01:43 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Xmaslightguy, that other tornado is the one near Troy, although it wasn't much of a tornado... in the EF0-EF1 category. The Wapakoneta one was
the more serious of the two. I don't know the rating for the Wapak one though, but the rating is more than likely higher.
I'm not sure where Antwerp Ohio is. haha... that city doesn't sound familiar. Is that more farther to the east/northeast?
There is a large greenhouse that got destroyed by the tornado in Wapak. I've passed a greenhouse somewhere up there before, with TONS AND TONS
AND TONS of HPS fixtures. It's looking very likely that the one I passed was the one that got destroyed unfortunately.

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1044 on: April 02, 2023, 10:11:10 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
SPC still has Troy listed under wind reports(their teams probably haven't gotten to it yet, but must have got the other 2 since they're now listed as tornadoes), it says barn & fence destroyed... so yeah that sounds EF-0/1 depending how well built the barn was.

SPC also notes 7 injured in the Wapakoneta one (doesn't list an EF rating, but allot of times they don't in the simple reports)

The weather app I use has a function that shows the SPC damage reports list, and from there you can see right where the report was made on a map.
Antwerp looks really small, its Northwest of Wapakoneta. (tornado actually missed the town, so thats good.)
I'll attach a map image with a pointer on that location...and also zoomed out enough where you can see both of the other 2 towns for location reference.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1045 on: April 05, 2023, 11:24:21 AM » Author: suzukir122
Today we've got a higher tornado threat, and higher hail threat (large hail) than with the last system. I would expect it to be a higher threat as well,
with the added warmer temperatures, and since the threat should take place in the middle of the day this time.
We're already in a tornado watch and it's only 11am. lol

Interests:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1046 on: April 05, 2023, 11:32:37 AM » Author: joseph_125
I'm guessing it's a extension of the system mentioned in the preceding post but my area currently has a thunderstorm. At least it's only rain and not freezing rain or hail.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1047 on: April 05, 2023, 11:39:24 AM » Author: suzukir122
Right now my area has a thunderstorm as well. Generic, boring storm. The sky is dark, occasional thunder. Nothing even close to severe.
Plenty more storms heading our way though, with enough time for them to get stronger/tornadic.

Interests:

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1048 on: April 05, 2023, 07:22:56 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Southwestern Quebec is turning into a giant popsicle. Up to 25mm of icing rain accumulated already in certain locations and 750K people without power as of 6PM. Yikes...

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1049 on: April 05, 2023, 09:13:05 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I 'watched' some of the midwest storms yesterday evening/night on radar & YouTube streams.
Saw a couple or radar that looked like possible tornado hits to towns :?
Related to that weather-system, where I am we just got snowshowers yesterday...and overnight lows in the single digits (F).

Looked at radar a couple times today for midwest storms.. didn't see much.
Chance here for alittle bit of snow tonight.

------
@Foxtronix:
.eek. Ice storms are nasty things!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies