Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190065 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #60 on: April 13, 2019, 11:39:03 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I might have already shared this in another thread, I don't recall. I have an AcuRite Atlas weather station at my house which replaced an older Pro 5in1. I need to fashion a mast for the sensor unit as the wind direction and speed is a little wonky from being on top of that fence.

Thats a nice unit, I like that display! Is it WIFI as well, like my La Crosse weather station? Plus, how much does it cost?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 11:43:01 AM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #61 on: April 14, 2019, 12:58:59 PM » Author: boiler1011
As configured I think it costs about 400$, but you kind of custom build what accessories and stuff you want on the system. You can get a more basic package for less. It does do wifi and does report to Wunderground.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #62 on: April 14, 2019, 02:09:56 PM » Author: Binarix128
In my country is autumn, and I will have some problems in my exterior momemade lamps.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #63 on: April 14, 2019, 03:14:50 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
As configured I think it costs about 400$, but you kind of custom build what accessories and stuff you want on the system. You can get a more basic package for less. It does do wifi and does report to Wunderground.

Hmm, pretty expensive, but very nice unit! :)

Plus, if you guys are wondering about that water leak sensor that my Lacrosse weather staion came with, well heres the pic of it:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #64 on: April 21, 2019, 05:31:56 AM » Author: suzukir122
Just found out a very interesting video at COMPLETE random. Storm chaser Reed Timmer was in MY CITY exactly one year ago. (Dayton Ohio) He was
near a strip mall called The Greene. I'm very, very familiar with literally every building seen in this video, and all the street lights
seen in it. I've been on that road numerous times, and my parents still live just up the street from there.
Anyways, no tornado, and not really an impressive, organized storm... but check it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYR8aNuLBNY

It's unfortunate that I'm just now seeing this video... and this is the fifth time I've found a YouTube video regarding
things I like, taking place in/around my city... at complete random online.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #65 on: April 21, 2019, 03:50:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: suzukir122
Just found out a very interesting video at COMPLETE random. Storm chaser Reed Timmer was in MY CITY exactly one year ago.
I'll have to check that out later. (currently uploading something & don't have the bandwidth/speed to watch a vid simultaneously while a large file is uploading)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #66 on: April 21, 2019, 09:36:41 PM » Author: suzukir122
@xmaslightguy, It's an interesting video because you guys get to see a glimpse of where I lived, although I
could shoot a video on one of my bikes showing the same area in Reed's video. But yeah I've known Reed Timmer
for years, especially through The Weather Channel. Never knew he was chasing storms in my city.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #67 on: May 03, 2019, 10:25:05 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well today, there were a couple of strong to severe thunderstorms and one of them became tornadic. There was a tornado touched town near me, and in Tomball. I hope those CH/W 4th. Gen. OV-25 fixtures are ok, and not damaged.

Thankfully, my house survived and didn't rip apart.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #68 on: May 03, 2019, 11:30:59 PM » Author: suzukir122
@lightinglover8902, what strength was that tornado? If it was an F3-F5 tornado and it hit those fixtures, those fixtures
would be completely gone, probably unrecognizable if found.
But yeah it's always awesome (at least to me) when severe storms get even higher in strength and reach Supercell status lol

Interests:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #69 on: May 04, 2019, 12:12:28 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
@lightinglover8902, what strength was that tornado? If it was an F3-F5 tornado and it hit those fixtures, those fixtures
would be completely gone, probably unrecognizable if found.
But yeah it's always awesome (at least to me) when severe storms get even higher in strength and reach Supercell status lol

IDK what EF of that tornado was at. They didn't say. But alot of flooding on TX249 near Tomball, thats for sure. I'll check (if I go somewhere tomorrow), if those CH/W 4th. Gen OV-25s are still there and survived.  

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #70 on: May 04, 2019, 12:39:43 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@lightinglover8902:
Did you video it? That is afterall what one is supposed to do when they see a tornado...

Glad to hear your house wasn't hit!

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #71 on: May 04, 2019, 01:24:47 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
@lightinglover8902:
Did you video it? That is afterall what one is supposed to do when they see a tornado...

Glad to hear your house wasn't hit!

No sorry. I didn't take a video of it, it was rain wrapped. And yeah, the winds were pretty strong when it came, which knocked out power for a couple of seconds, then came back.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #72 on: May 05, 2019, 09:32:15 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I went yesterday to downtown Tomball, and the fixtures survived during the storm.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #73 on: May 05, 2019, 11:55:01 AM » Author: Cole D.
Yeah, I had seen those tornadoes, in Texas. Here we've had a little rain this week but nothing severe. Last night it got dark and thundered some but the rain went around us. It's supposed to rain this afternoon, though.

Usually, when we get the bad storms is from turbulence and lightning when cold air comes into warmer air, which happens typically in the fall. Now that it's warmed up in the spring, we aren't getting that now. Though often in the summer we get thunderstorms during the afternoons.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #74 on: May 09, 2019, 07:02:04 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well, continuous heavy rainfall and strong thunderstorms, lasting till Saturday. So I hope my house doesn't get flooded out.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies