Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190072 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #90 on: May 26, 2019, 11:53:31 PM » Author: Cole D.
It's been in the 90s here the last few days and on forecast it shows high of 95 every day for next week. Plus, it's been a high pressure, so it has been very low chance of rain if any. And it's been quite windy out the last few days.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #91 on: May 27, 2019, 12:37:23 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Tomorrow, it's going to be 66 degrees here...
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #92 on: May 27, 2019, 03:23:30 AM » Author: suzukir122
Yo if you guys want to save energy, don't forget about those portable USB powered Evaporation based mini air conditioners fans
that are being sold on Ebay and Amazon. You can pour cold water (and even ice water) into them and cool down rooms that way.
If one isn't enough, you could use more than one and still save more energy than when using a regular AC unit. I haven't bought one
yet but I will here soon just to try it out.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #93 on: May 27, 2019, 07:49:18 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Yo if you guys want to save energy, don't forget about those portable USB powered Evaporation based mini air conditioners fans
that are being sold on Ebay and Amazon. You can pour cold water (and even ice water) into them and cool down rooms that way.
If one isn't enough, you could use more than one and still save more energy than when using a regular AC unit. I haven't bought one
yet but I will here soon just to try it out.

Is it there one thats seen on TV?

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #94 on: May 27, 2019, 07:58:34 AM » Author: suzukir122
@GE101R, I keep myself physically fit/strong and athletic, T-shirt and jeans... the heat still kicks my...

@lightinglover8902, I really wouldn't be surprised if it's advertised on TV. It probably is... but it's
very easy to find on Ebay. You'll find it if you type in "Portable Mini AC fan," or a generic search
similar to that lol... but I don't know if it works or not. I have to buy one myself, which I definitely
will be doing soon.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #95 on: May 27, 2019, 08:47:36 AM » Author: Cole D.
@GE101R, I keep myself physically fit/strong and athletic, T-shirt and jeans... the heat still kicks my...

@lightinglover8902, I really wouldn't be surprised if it's advertised on TV. It probably is... but it's
very easy to find on Ebay. You'll find it if you type in "Portable Mini AC fan," or a generic search
similar to that lol... but I don't know if it works or not. I have to buy one myself, which I definitely
will be doing soon.

I have seen one of those units for sale at Ross and I think Walmart sells them too. The ones I saw had LEDs in the panels that you can change the colors of, pretty cool. I don't think they work as well in places if it has lots of humidity, works best in dry heat.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #96 on: May 27, 2019, 08:56:19 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Cole D, then again, you also have the option of adding more AC mini fans, in case one AC mini fan alone doesn't
work. Also, you can add ice water as well.
The ice water idea is the better one, since ice is obviously cold, and ice melts.... which will lead to longer evaporation time.
I'm in the market to buy several of them soon since my AC sucks.

Interests:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #97 on: May 27, 2019, 10:04:17 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
You can also make a evaporative coil, by using a 22" portable fan, a electric pump to pump ice water to the evaporator, and a tube for the return after its gone through the evaporator coil.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #98 on: May 27, 2019, 10:26:00 AM » Author: suzukir122
@GE101R, :D yeah motorcycles can definitely fix the heat issue rather quickly, but only when they're in motion.
When they aren't, the engines radiate heat from the bikes. Since I wear armor each time I ride, this is a major
issue for me. The issue decreases a bit when the radiator fans kick in though.

Interests:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #99 on: May 27, 2019, 10:50:30 AM » Author: suzukir122
Today there is a threat for severe weather here in Ohio, with a much larger threat apparently Northwest in Indiana.
Actually, there are a lot of thunderstorm chances through out the entire week here in Ohio... only like 2 days
sunny out of 7 days.

@GE101R, yeah I'm very familiar with the Busa's, although I've never ridden one though. I'm sure
their powerful engines tend to get very hot during late spring/summer. A coworker of mine owns
a 2019 version. I haven't heard him complain about the heat from it yet though.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #100 on: May 27, 2019, 10:18:17 PM » Author: CEB1993
It's been in the 90s here the last few days and on forecast it shows high of 95 every day for next week. Plus, it's been a high pressure, so it has been very low chance of rain if any. And it's been quite windy out the last few days.

Sounds like what’s going on here in South Carolina. Are you someplace in the southeast?  Might be the same huge high pressure system that’s affecting us both and causing widespread high temperatures.

To make matters worse, my house had some electrical glitches and the irrigation system won’t turn on. The grass is quickly being baked to a light brown and brittle state.  My car is covered in dust from the dryness. I’ve had to run my window box A/C for 24 hours. This is really a shock to my system after my temporary time in NY state  :D

Another way to keep cool is to eat spicy foods. This may sound counter intuitive, but spicy food activates sweat glands and cools the body slightly. That explains why the countries with the spiciest foods have the warmest climates, closest to the equator.  Mexican, Indian, Jamaican, and Caribbean cuisine all have bold and delicious spice blends.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #101 on: May 27, 2019, 10:40:12 PM » Author: suzukir122
10:37pm, possible dangerous situation near Dayton Ohio, where I live. Tornado warnings with possible confirmed
tornadoes on the ground. Very close to where my family and little brother lives. But right now, West Milton Ohio
seems to be in the bulls eye.

Interests:

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #102 on: May 28, 2019, 12:14:20 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
10:37pm, possible dangerous situation near Dayton Ohio, where I live. Tornado warnings with possible confirmed
tornadoes on the ground. Very close to where my family and little brother lives. But right now, West Milton Ohio
seems to be in the bulls eye.

Seek shelter immediately!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #103 on: May 28, 2019, 12:42:40 AM » Author: suzukir122
The storms never reached here, and *almost* clipped my little brother and family... however... Trotwood Ohio. Not sure
how things are going there right now. I'm really gonna have to see how bad damage is in the morning, through the news of course.
I wasn't able to do a Live Update on here, since I was on the phone with my little brother. The storm in Trotwood looked
as if it was heading directly towards Kettering Ohio, where my parents and little brother live.
Trotwood Ohio... remember that county name... because there is a chance that a large, violent, destructive and deadly tornado
has hit there tonight. There is also a chance that, this same tornado may have hit areas I'm familiar with, such as the
Fairfield Commons mall and surrounding areas. Of course, I could be wrong. I don't know much right now since it's too early
to tell tonight. But... if I'm correct, there could be catastrophic damage in familiar areas. Very classic and violent Supercell
storms passed very close tonight. The closest I've ever seen... I, along with my bro and fam, might have dodged a bullet.
I'll keep you guys posted.
The NWS (National Weather Service) did indeed confirm there to have been a large and destructive tornado in Trotwood Ohio.
Again, I wasn't able to update as it took place, since I was busy.
Update: Basically... Montgomery County, Mercer County Ohio... many, many areas near where I live have major damage, guys.
This will make national news. As of now at 1:44am, 55,000 people are out of power. Major damage, including schools.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 01:48:14 AM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #104 on: May 28, 2019, 07:11:17 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: lightinglover8902
Seek shelter immediately!
No. Grab camera (or phone) and start videoing!  .lol.

@suzukir122:
I saw reports from that storm. looks pretty bad out there :o
Preliminary rating is EF-3

----------
Weather where I'm at in general has been cooler than normal...it does not at all feel like almost June here.
We did have a few little thundershowers move through my area late last night (I looked at radar, a couple looked like they were going right overhead...and one of those, the lightning was close!)
There were multiple small tornadoes here in CO over the holiday weekend period (too far to go see any of 'em). All were small, nothing like what's happening farther east & south in the country.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies