Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190077 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #225 on: October 16, 2019, 12:24:56 AM » Author: suzukir122
@xmaslightguy, 60 degree drop in 24 hours?? That's definitely extreme. It went from spring to winter in just a day in
that video. haha... and AGAIN... small world. That dude, Reed Timmer, has been everywhere! haha... he's
been at your spot, and also my spot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYR8aNuLBNY
That was in Dayton Ohio, near The Greene. Yet another video I found at complete random... along yet another
road I took daily to and from yet another job. haha

I also found a 360 video he took in that same area on that same day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dxaebM0vbw
@Xmaslightguy, @everyone... that video I just linked is a 360 video, which means you can move the video around
to get a glimpse of not just the storm, but also the lighting as well.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #226 on: October 16, 2019, 09:37:38 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@suzukir122:
Yep, pretty big drop in temp! Like I mentioned, I went outside for the coldfront arriving...lets just say you knew when it'd gone by. :)
Most everything got frozen with as cold as it got (gardens/tree-leaves/etc) :( I was out there mon & tue evenings saving my veggies & fruits
Here's a 2nd vid  Timmer did in the same storm. http://youtube.com/watch?v=OmYlDkKh7OE
And another vid (not his) showing before/during. http://youtube.com/watch?v=_gguug8u7oA

-----
Yep, that guy must put in a ton of miles driving around everywhere.
Some nice streetlights in that first vid you posted...but whoa swinging that camera around (where's the drunk/dizzy smileie) LOL
Those 360 videos always look all weird & distorted when viewed on a normal browser. . .I'm assuming they're probably meant for viewing on mobile devices?

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #227 on: October 16, 2019, 11:43:36 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's a quick video of firsthand footage of a tornado at Myrtle Beach, SC on September 5 when Dorian came through.  Although relatively weak, this tornado did touch down briefly and bring gusty winds and heavy rain.  Definitely a dangerous and unpredictable situation at the coast a month ago  :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cu9Gy9oiTgA

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #228 on: October 17, 2019, 09:24:48 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@CEB1993:
That thing is moving along at a pretty good clip too...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #229 on: October 17, 2019, 09:32:07 PM » Author: Cole D.
We are supposed to get rainy weather Saturday, but I don't think severe. It did rain some here, in the last few weeks, but I think we will likely have less rain as we go into fall season. Although sometimes in fall/winter we can get severe thunderstorms at night as cold fronts come in. So you never know.

I also think hurricane season is nearly over, but we have gotten hurricane in November before.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #230 on: October 18, 2019, 07:15:16 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, yeah that tornado wasn't even close to being as potent as the ones from the classic organized supercell
storms. But definitely still dangerous though.
@Xmaslightguy, yeah every 360 video I've seen on YouTube so far over the last 4 years, have been very distorted...
including from the high tech YouTuber motorcyclists with the bigger, popular YouTube channels. Their videos are distorted
as well. If they can come up with a camera that does 360 without that fish-eye distortion, I'd be very interested in purchasing it.
Also, those streetlights at the mall *should* all still be there as we speak, if I'm correct, although they did change main lights
inside that strip-mall, into LED, making it much, much darker.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #231 on: October 19, 2019, 10:36:44 AM » Author: Cole D.
It rained all night here, but just a light steady rain. I did see some lightning flashes but couldn't hear thunder. Plus today I think it's supposed to sprinkle or drizzle rain all day also.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #232 on: October 24, 2019, 12:50:19 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not severe, but we're getting snow here (could get up to 8")

I had to go de-snow some of my trees since they still have leaves. I've also seen the lights blink a few times, so always that chance could lose power sometime tonight.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #233 on: October 24, 2019, 07:06:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: GE101R
Dallas area and Arkansas got some really bad tornadoes last weekend. Talked to a lady in Bentonville, Arkansas and said it came over so quickly.
I heard about the ones in Dallas, and watched a couple YouTube vid's. One was an EF3, certainly did some pretty bad damage there.
(do a YouTube search for 'dallas tornado home depot' for one little bit...)

I didn't see/hear anything about Arkansas though, I guess it was overshadowed by the Dallas storms?

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #234 on: October 25, 2019, 09:03:44 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Cold front came in last night, and its now 49ºF outside. Expected to go up in to the 60s.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #235 on: October 25, 2019, 11:07:46 AM » Author: CEB1993
I'm about to get some heavy rain from the second tropical system in two weeks this weekend  :-\  Last Saturday a tropical storm moved up from Florida into the South Carolina area and we got soaked.  There was more wind than I expected, too.  It looked like it was raining sideways when I saw the rain against the light of the HPS street lights.  The weather forecast did not accurately predict the gusty winds last week. 

I did have some fun in the rain last week  :)  I took my car out to Autocross, a car racing club to drive trough an obstacle course of cones.  My 4 wheel drive Subaru did beautifully in the wet conditions and I got to see all of my anti-skid and stability control features at work.

We have another tropical depression moving in from New Orleans that's going to move northeast and bring more heavy rain tonight.  Looks like it's going to be a rainy rest of October for us in the southeast US, but we need the rain after a drought in August and September.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #236 on: October 25, 2019, 10:56:13 PM » Author: Cole D.
I was driving tonight, and heard emergency broadcast system on my radio some counties under tornado warning. And then on TV I heard of more. Also last weekend, some counties nearby were under watches.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #237 on: October 26, 2019, 07:17:47 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Cold.  Cold.  But at least snow!!

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #238 on: October 26, 2019, 10:00:12 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: GE101R
Four inches of rain today with high winds. Power lines down all over the place from Olga whose eye passed right over the area.
.eek. sounds like a mess!
Was the eye clearly defined - could you see blue sky above with clouds in a circle around it?  (I've seen video of that in hurricanes...and it looks cool)

The coldfront for our next snowstorm just passed over where I'm at less than a hour ago (I went outside around that time :) you can tell when they pass with the wind & change in temp).

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #239 on: October 27, 2019, 12:17:09 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
.eek.
The coldfront for our next snowstorm just passed over where I'm at less than a hour ago (I went outside around that time :) you can tell when they pass with the wind & change in temp).

Yup, I was out when it came in a bit ago as well, out in parker.  Burrrrrrrrr!  it got cold quick. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies