Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190052 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #240 on: October 27, 2019, 12:46:24 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
  Burrrrrrrrr!  it got cold quick. 
Yep.. sure did.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #241 on: October 27, 2019, 06:56:30 AM » Author: Rommie
I love Denver! Stayed there for a temporary assignment in the mid 70's.
I took a break in Denver for a couple of days a few years ago when I went on the Amtrak Coast to Coast train (California Zephyr). Does that shuttle bus still run up and down 16th Street..? Dead straight road about a mile long, bus stops every few yards, that *had* to be the most boring bus driving job in the world  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #242 on: October 27, 2019, 11:04:25 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: GE101R
Sure did. It was semi clear and the clouds basically were low to the ground and streaming. I looked up as the center had passed and there was an enormous wall of black rolling clouds moving northeast and the NOAA weather radio broadcasted a severe thunderstorm warning. 18,000 people without electricity at the time and trees down everywhere. I was at ground zero in Hurricane Katrina (went North a few counties before it struck) and it reminded me of the storm when it was approaching the coast.
Poor trees :( Hopefully not too much house/building damage though?
I so would have been outside videoing that wall of black clouds .lol.
Wow...so you've pretty much seen the at its worst then - Katrina .

Quote from: sox35
Does that shuttle bus still run up and down 16th Street..? Dead straight road about a mile long, bus stops every few yards, that *had* to be the most boring bus driving job in the world  :D
Yep the 16th Street shuttle bus still runs, still free too (and these days is packed/standing-room only any time I've been on it). I rarely go down to the city, but was on that bus a couple times last summer...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #243 on: October 29, 2019, 05:44:19 PM » Author: suzukir122
An eye from Olga? Hmmm... I thought mainly Category 4 and 5 hurricanes were the ones that
typically had well defined eyes? From what I read, Olga was only a tropical storm

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #244 on: October 29, 2019, 07:26:36 PM » Author: CEB1993
It’s going to be a rainy week here with a cold front coming through Halloween day. The temperature is going to drop from 75 to 40 from October 31 to November 1. The thunderstorms are forecasted to produce heavy rain and gusty winds, definitely part of a strong cold front.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #245 on: October 31, 2019, 07:55:33 PM » Author: Cole D.
It been hot here lately and mostly dry. We did have some rain last week, but not this week. Today it was 91 degrees out, but there is a front coming, this weekend.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #246 on: October 31, 2019, 09:41:56 PM » Author: 589
We’re having our first freeze tonight, then by early next week it’ll be back in the 70’s again.

:lps:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #247 on: October 31, 2019, 10:48:23 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
It was in the low 60's this morning and poured all day . The temp started dropping around lunch and now it's in the mid 30's with very gusty winds ! BRRRRRRR !!!!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #248 on: November 01, 2019, 08:21:46 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Cole D, you lucky, lucky man.
Here in Dayton Ohio, we will barely hit 45 degrees today.
No severe weather to speak of though. Heh, it'll be a while before we get severe weather again,
unless it's in the form of snowy weather, or extreme cold.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #249 on: November 04, 2019, 07:56:40 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well, its starting to warm up here then this week, the temps are gonna crash again with a cold front, which will bring storms.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #250 on: November 19, 2019, 03:18:45 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Alright, whether we like it or not we all know winter is coming  :'( Take in your vintage Bulbs,Lamps,Street Lights and other valuable lighting. Everyone down south you are lucky you don’t have to do this now, but beware of hurricanes in the in Spring, Summer, and fall.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 09:28:56 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #251 on: November 19, 2019, 04:05:54 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I actually like the snow and winter weather, especially when it gets cold and wintery by Christmas.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #252 on: November 19, 2019, 04:56:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I actually like the snow and winter weather, especially when it gets cold and wintery by Christmas.
I like snow and Christmas, but I don’t like how cold it gets.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #253 on: November 19, 2019, 05:08:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I like snow and Christmas, but I don’t like how cold it gets.
Cold and snow go together though...  ???

Neither Ria or myself are fans of the cold, and much prefer the temperature to be in the 70s. Either when we're inside or the weather outside.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #254 on: November 20, 2019, 01:08:25 AM » Author: dor123
Here in Haifa and Kiryat Ata is very dry with 15-30* humidity with strong eastern winds with no rain...  >:(

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies