Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 194860 times)
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #720 on: December 05, 2020, 07:44:28 PM » Author: HPS_250
We are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow! Belmont lost power already!

Do you have power now? I heard about the snow!

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #721 on: December 05, 2020, 07:45:35 PM » Author: HPS_250
Southern California is getting more fire weather next week...  ::)
I’d even choose snow instead of that. The wind is strong, the humidity is basically nonexistent, and you have to worry about possibly evacuating if a fire ignites.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 07:47:22 PM by HPS_250 » Logged

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #722 on: December 05, 2020, 08:28:53 PM » Author: CEB1993
I had a squall line of heavy rain and wind blow through last night while I drove home from work. To add insult to injury, the main highway was closed for construction and I had to take back country roads for the final stretch, in a blinding downpour and total darkness. Rain was so heavy, my car’s safety sensors that “see” ahead of me and automatically brake cut off briefly.

After the monsoon of rain, we had strong gusty winds overnight that woke me up. I saw a lot of branches down and tipped over trash cans this morning. Some of the fiercest weather I’ve seen several months.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #723 on: December 05, 2020, 09:33:57 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
It gonna get cold here for the next weeks.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #724 on: December 05, 2020, 09:44:00 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Do you have power now? I heard about the snow!
My mom doesn't but my dad does.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #725 on: December 05, 2020, 09:54:06 PM » Author: Cole D.
We have had a couple of cold fronts lately, but we haven't had any severe weather in a while.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #726 on: December 06, 2020, 07:45:28 AM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, yeah those Squall lines are pretty bad thunderstorms. Snow squalls are also very bad from what I hear, and
they can sometimes be bad enough to become snow thunderstorms.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #727 on: December 06, 2020, 08:03:08 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
We did get snow but not as much that was expected. About 3-4 inches. Power outages are all over New England and I even saw a parking lot FULL of Utility crews.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #728 on: December 06, 2020, 10:44:33 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CreeRSW207
3-4 inches. Power outages are all over New England
Only 3-4 inches and a bunch of power-outages ??
What? have your trees not dropped their leaves yet? or something?

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #729 on: December 06, 2020, 10:57:06 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
From what I saw on the news , there was a lot of wind also . The New England storm was a Nor'easter . 

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #730 on: December 07, 2020, 01:19:10 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@wide-lite 1000: Haven't watched the news in a couple days
Ok, a Nor'easter thats a bit more than just a little snowstorm .lol.
Looking at the upper-air charts on my weather app, that system has a pretty good low-pressure center associated with it, (and strong jetstream flow around it as well) so yeah I could see that causing some rough weather...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #731 on: December 15, 2020, 08:53:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Only 3-4 inches and a bunch of power-outages ??
What? have your trees not dropped their leaves yet? or something?
Yes most trees never dropped their leaves.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #732 on: December 16, 2020, 07:56:29 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Tonight we are expected to get another snowstorm! Since tomorrow I am supposed to be in school tomorrow they might just call it a remote day.

UPDATE: as I expected school is going to be remote and we are expected to get 12-18 inches of snow!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 02:57:20 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #733 on: December 17, 2020, 05:02:53 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
We easily got 3 feet of snow! Did not lose but the NHEC part of town did.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #734 on: December 17, 2020, 07:07:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
We're getting a slight dusting of snow but that's about it. Sure hope it STAYS that way.
Winter is so, so lame.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies