Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 64899 times)
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #390 on: August 05, 2022, 02:59:43 PM » Author: thelightingman
I got a second 100 watt HPS AEL Series 11 NEMA head today and will be getting a 175 watt MV NEMA head soon as well!    :hps: :mv:

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #391 on: August 05, 2022, 03:09:49 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’ve been finding plenty of older Sylvania incandescents at my local ReStore, along with the GE Watt-Miser 55W I posted in my gallery.

SoCal Members: If your looking for box loads of Toshiba LED frosted candelabra bulbs, the Anaheim ReStore is the place for them. They sell them 99¢ individually or $10 for a case of 10x. They have over 15 10x cases left. They also have other bulbs as well, LED and incandescent.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #392 on: August 13, 2022, 01:51:50 PM » Author: thelightingman
Saw a Regent MV security light from the 90's at my local ReStore brand new for $10, it unfortunately was missing the photocell and lamp but I have plenty of those. The ballast inside the light looks exactly like the one in my R175M. I am going to go get it this week because at the time I did not have money but I will soon.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #393 on: August 14, 2022, 08:10:28 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well I was angered again when I saw some of the Affinity floodlights at the Hooksett tolls strobing and others were out completely! They only light a strip of area in front which leaves a bunch of dark spots everywhere else, I think we might have a similar Detroit/Leotek incident down the road here. What sucks is this is only after 2 years and if the HPS had still been there, maybe one bad lamp would fail but the rest would be fine!

I also saw a MH OVX in Nashua!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 08:55:09 AM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #394 on: August 14, 2022, 10:44:27 AM » Author: Molly
Most of Keene has a bunch of premature failed Affinity fixtures. It's like saying, "Can't they think of somthing better!"

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #395 on: August 14, 2022, 01:29:22 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Oh really I always thought those older ones were better quality but clearly not!

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #396 on: August 14, 2022, 02:36:12 PM » Author: Molly
Affinity have always sucked in Keene, even the older ones.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #397 on: August 14, 2022, 05:30:25 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Makes sense honestly.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #398 on: August 15, 2022, 05:52:47 PM » Author: thelightingman
Saw a Regent MV security light from the 90's at my local ReStore brand new for $10, it unfortunately was missing the photocell and lamp but I have plenty of those. The ballast inside the light looks exactly like the one in my R175M. I am going to go get it this week because at the time I did not have money but I will soon.

Update: I got the light!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #399 on: September 14, 2022, 06:33:39 PM » Author: 108CAM
Scored 2 Sylvania B2222's for $10. One is 50w MV and the other is 80w MV.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #400 on: September 20, 2022, 11:21:17 PM » Author: 108CAM
3 Japanese market NEC F37T9's and a USA market Philips F40T12. Fairly certain they were victims of LEDisease.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #401 on: September 24, 2022, 07:54:37 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I think Eversource is relamping MV lights! I just saw one in Belmont that used to be glowing Dim then eventually burned out. Now it’s glowing brightly again!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #402 on: October 09, 2022, 01:39:20 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
This was yesterday, but...

Another city in the midst of a LED conversion is Hacienda Heights. They are using AEL ATB series lights - ATBX and ATBM. SCE owned the HPS lights but it appears the city bought the lighting from them as the LED lights have extra labels alongside the NEMA tag.

Saw ten dead AEL Autobahn ATB0s on the CalTrans system; ones in a 2018 installation. Two have a driver failure as they glow dimly and the other eight could have driver failures too, but I'm unsure as they are entirely out. So far none have turned purple or even shifted slightly.

I also saw a completely dead Holophane HMAO LED high mast, and more that didn't work but those appear to have issues with the wiring.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #403 on: October 12, 2022, 01:23:30 AM » Author: 108CAM
Found a Duro-Lite True-Lite F40T12 Powertwist while out trashpicking.
I was blown away when I first saw it in the pile as I'd never thought I'd find one or even get to see one in person.

1925-2002

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #404 on: October 18, 2022, 01:05:57 AM » Author: 108CAM
Found this really cool Toshiba 250w MV lamp for $10 at an antiques store.
The glass envelope is very interesting because it's shaped like a BT37 but is the size of a BT28 and has an unusually long neck.

1925-2002

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies