Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 64847 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #405 on: October 22, 2022, 09:13:41 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
4 Brand new Lithonia DSX shoeboxes installed at the fairly new skate park near Opeechee Park in Laconia, the few poles with MV NEMA heads over the horseshoe area are still there and probably will stay there.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #406 on: December 03, 2022, 08:57:26 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Drove up to Maine during the late evening last night and saw:
-Some more dead affinity lights, lots in Sanford as well as in Clinton.
-A random 4000K Affinity light in Sanford when Sanford is 3000K, making this the first 4000K model seen in the newer style Affinity lights.
-A LED retrofit thing in a Holophane Mongoose on I95 in Augusta.
-Still HPS towns just south of Bangor in CMP territory
I’ve done this drive so many times but seems like there’s always stuff worth posting here every time!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #407 on: December 03, 2022, 05:45:43 PM » Author: 108CAM
Found a 250w MV Remote Ballast Osram Optispec laying on the ground while out trainspotting. I also found the original pole mounted box containing the gear and a junction box with a massive terminal block inside.
Not something you find every day, especially when it's just laying on the ground.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #408 on: December 10, 2022, 10:24:16 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
So I knew this was coming, a halogen lit billboard in Belmont advertising the 94.1 Radio Station has now turned LED. I knew this was coming because it seemed bulbs were going out quite a bit, I have to admit that the billboard is nicely lit by what seems to be 4000K.

Also something crazy, I've always had the thought that NHEC doesn't really replace 400w HPS with LED because they'd have to use the ERL2 but now my point is proved even more, those 2 400w HPS M400As in Meredith were either out or were on their way out, just the other day I noticed them both glowing brightly with brand new lamps! Good to know they'll be up even longer.

Also saw a 70w (Could be 100w too buy most likely 70w) MH FCO M250R2 in someone's yard in Belmont!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2022, 10:33:52 AM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #409 on: December 10, 2022, 05:17:03 PM » Author: Econolite03
@CreeRSW207: Relamped HPS in LED territory? That’s pretty cool. We have a few signalized intersections here that are HPS and were relamped recently as the city couldn’t afford to convert them to LED… but they will soon though.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #410 on: December 11, 2022, 12:45:23 AM » Author: joseph_125
There's a few HPS intersections here, along with a few roads that were skipped during the initial LED conversion in 2013-2015. The HPS intersections have been getting LED during upgrades where the poles, signal heads, curbs are also replaced but the others have been left HPS. I'm guessing the remaining HPS intersections and the roads that were skipped over get relamped. Interestingly the HPS spot replacements from 2015 are still hanging on too, I guess they were probably relamped too.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #411 on: December 11, 2022, 08:13:58 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
@CreeRSW207: Relamped HPS in LED territory? That’s pretty cool. We have a few signalized intersections here that are HPS and were relamped recently as the city couldn’t afford to convert them to LED… but they will soon though.
Yep, was very weird to see. I don't imagine NHEC ordering 400w equivalent fixtures and having them put up either.

@joseph_125, that's the case here too it seems. Any fixtures missed in the DOT conversion get relamped by Eversource despite having them not touch any of the LEDs on the DOT grid. If there's a construction project, that's usually when the remaining HPS will be removed.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #412 on: December 12, 2022, 02:45:55 PM » Author: Econolite03
Drove through the Wawona Tunnel in Yosemite Valley, CA. It is almost completely lit by low pressure sodium, ranging from 55W, 90W, and 180W lamps. Some fixtures have 1X lamps, some have 3X lamps depending on which part of the tunnel you’re on. A few were converted to induction though.

Unfortunately, a growing number of the bulbs are either totally hammered with hours or EOL. Some of the 180W sockets were mistakenly relamped with 55W lamps with the lamps being overdriven. 80% of the fixtures in the tunnel still work though. Some bulbs have so many hours the jackets are turning black but still have a faint yellow glow or glow red. Still a awesome site, and because it’s a national park it will take them forever to convert to LED.
 :sox35:
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #413 on: December 15, 2022, 12:42:38 AM » Author: Econolite03
Here’s something that caught me by surprise. There is a “SCE owned” GE M-250R2 on a 4G small cell pole that was missed during a LED conversion in La Palma, CA back in 2017. The fixture lasted until 2019 when it began to cycle and eventually failed. Drove by it today to realize somebody relamped it with a 4000K LED retrofit lamp, judging by the look it appears to be one of those GE ones. It looks great! No glare, good distribution, and works perfectly. My guess is whoever cell provider owns the pole is apparently responsible for the fixture, not the utility.
 :ledtoilet:
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #414 on: January 18, 2023, 05:29:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Just saw an apartment complex on my dads road was lit by 2 new AEL ATBLs in 3000K! The old lights were 400w HPS GE PF400s. Both lights were on shiny new arms. I just saw them not long ago so I'll have to check the wattage later on and get a pic. Now I really think Eversource has gone LED since I've now seen 3 instances where these Autobahns were put up.

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #415 on: January 18, 2023, 09:04:22 PM » Author: Molly
Saw a bunch of purple shifting King Luminaire LED pendants.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #416 on: January 19, 2023, 09:36:13 AM » Author: Econolite03
Let’s add eve Visionarie BOW series (aka the pitchfork) to the list of junk luminaries. Several at my work have all began to shift purple, one parking lot is 50% full with defective fixtures so that’s fun, not.
Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #417 on: January 19, 2023, 11:25:55 AM » Author: Molly
Oh dear. The 95% of Leotek AR-18s in Boston have shifted yelloe and a few are turning purple.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #418 on: January 19, 2023, 11:55:03 AM » Author: Econolite03
Yep, that’s Lawsuitek for ya.
108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #419 on: February 02, 2023, 12:06:31 AM » Author: 108CAM
2 Thorn F40T12/WW tubes with right hand etches

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies