Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 65813 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #270 on: August 27, 2021, 08:23:06 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
So on a trip to Maine I was able to see lots of lights at night and see their color temperatures and saw if some worked or not.

I also noticed some things I never saw before.

- A scoop incandescent floodlight on a Bangor Hydro pole
- A working 175w MV Powrbracket in the neighborhood of my paternal grandmother
- Some few remaining HID in Bangor surrounded by 5000K (Yes 5000K, saw them lit yesterday) Cree XSP lights
- 2 80w 4000K Cree RSWs in Bangor, one had the NEMA tag on the side of the light! I think those are the only RSW lights in Bangor.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2021, 09:47:14 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #271 on: August 29, 2021, 05:19:55 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
You'll never guess what I found today. Ferrari red LSI Tellus TEL22's!

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #272 on: August 29, 2021, 05:29:30 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Saw some remaining HPS (some MV too) in Bangor. Also, In the same area there was a parking lot full of 60s M1000s!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #273 on: August 30, 2021, 03:34:14 AM » Author: Econolite03
Recently I’ve been driving around on the freeway, and Caltrans has a new standard of LEDs being installed in more areas. Out are the older Solarmax SMXs in 4000K and in are the newer Solarmax SMXs in 3000K, which looks kinda like a Leotek. A pair of the last HPS luminaries on the 91 west in Buena Park had met their fate last week.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 05:47:09 AM by Econolite03 » Logged
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #274 on: August 30, 2021, 09:19:29 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
Recently I’ve been driving around on the freeway, and Caltrans has a new standard of LEDs being installed in more areas. Out are the older Solarmax SMXs in 4000K and in are the newer Solarmax SMXs in 3000K, which looks kinda like a Leotek. A pair of the last HPS luminaries on the 91 west in Buena Park had met their fate last week.
Yeah they recently changed their SMX design. I personally think they don't look half bad. Too bad those HPS were replaced though.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #275 on: August 30, 2021, 08:19:56 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Went to Portland today and saw:

- 3 Rusty Weld-Rite poles holding Westinghouse OV20s in Portland
- A couple missout HPS fixtures in Portland
- Blue LEDs on short round poles on a city walkway
- A Leotek GCJ on a MaineDOT pole!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2021, 08:41:48 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #276 on: August 31, 2021, 06:59:16 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Here's today's finds from a short little trip to Holden:

- Split door Westinghouse OV50 on Davit pole
- Closed MV Bottom NEMAs
- Hubbell MHS with a weird grill attachment
- LED retrofitted NEMA heads at a mini golf place
- 3rd Generation Westinghouse OV15 in Bangor (only one in Bangor as far as I know)
- 4 clear lens M250A2s (2 had COB LED lamps inside)
« Last Edit: August 31, 2021, 08:35:17 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #277 on: August 31, 2021, 07:01:53 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Saw an LMI/McGraw-Edison Dusk-to-Dawner in someone’s front yard. Looked like it was on a utility pole, too.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #278 on: September 02, 2021, 06:15:38 AM » Author: Econolite03
Drove past the forgotten Caltrans owned GE M-400A2 on the 405 freeway in Westminster. The fixture was dayburning and the lamp was blinking rapidly like it was restriking uncontrollably. It’s days are numbered, I’m curious if the cloudy weather had anything to do with the fixture’s behavior.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #279 on: September 12, 2021, 03:35:37 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Went down to the NH coast for a little drive and saw the following:

- A large development with Black Leotek GCMs.
- An LED retrofitted shoebox dayburning and strobing
- A couple more HPS fixtures in the tiny alleys of Hampton
- A Cooper Verdeon installed in place of an OVX at a Hampton motel (will mention in “New LED conversions”)

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #280 on: September 23, 2021, 08:43:58 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Noticed a new GE 111w Evolve ERLH that replaced a GE M-400A2 FCO that had a dead ignitor in Fontana.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #281 on: September 28, 2021, 01:15:27 AM » Author: Econolite03
They finally arrived. My local Home Depot in Cypress, CA has gone LED. All the interior fluorescent fixtures were replaced by modern looking LEDs, the exterior MV / MH high / low bays replaced by ELO saucer LEDs, and the floods and shoeboxes in the garden center… all upgraded. Actually, I think the LED products they chose illuminated the store fairly well, better than Lowe’s IMO.
 :snowcone:
« Last Edit: September 28, 2021, 01:19:49 AM by Econolite03 » Logged
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #282 on: September 28, 2021, 01:35:32 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Lowes' LEDs SUCK!!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #283 on: September 28, 2021, 07:41:52 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
They finally arrived. My local Home Depot in Cypress, CA has gone LED. All the interior fluorescent fixtures were replaced by modern looking LEDs, the exterior MV / MH high / low bays replaced by ELO saucer LEDs, and the floods and shoeboxes in the garden center… all upgraded. Actually, I think the LED products they chose illuminated the store fairly well, better than Lowe’s IMO.
 :snowcone:
Did they replace the parking lot lights too? The Tilton NH one replaced everything but those.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Euro-Bulbs.net

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #284 on: September 28, 2021, 04:46:26 PM » Author: Econolite03
Nah, the shoeboxes and wallpacks in the parking lot are still HPS. I was surprised as the parking lot lights are 1000W HPS.
 :hps:
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies