Author Topic: Time to say goodbye to...  (Read 10517 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #15 on: June 18, 2020, 10:31:09 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
These guys  : https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=5263&pos=5&pid=159041  The "South side mega fix" project is now running at full speed again and these 9 vintage lights which consist of 2-AEL125's , 1-AEL/ITT 25 , 1- OV-10 Clam-shell , 2-M400 split-doors , 3- thumb-latch style M-400's and several post-top ballasts!!! All appear to be MV and at least 1 of the 400's mas a clear-band lamp !!   :'(

Edit: Saw the picture again, I guess try catching the demo crew.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 10:43:14 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #16 on: June 18, 2020, 10:45:55 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I already tried , The city gave me a nice , firm , NO !!!  They did actually thank me for going about it the "right way" but still said "Sorry , we can't sell them or allow you to have them "  Translation : they will become bulldozer fodder like everything else in the way of this project !  :poof:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #17 on: June 18, 2020, 11:39:04 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
That sucks. Do you think you can get pictures of lights on the other side or is that also blocked off?
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #18 on: June 19, 2020, 09:27:51 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 I'll try  !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 08:32:54 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
This yardblaster is on a Utility pole but its owned by a business, the poles are being rapidly replaced (some are fairly new poles!) Some have said that Utilities have permission to remove anything from their poles that isn't Utility owned, I fear that it may be removed but at least I have a photo.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #20 on: January 20, 2021, 12:12:46 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I am very sad to say, but San Diego's SOX luminaires owned by CalTrans are disappearing. There are two survivors on CA-163. I believe they both don't work (EOLPS). One is one a double guy pole, which happens to be my favorite combination, a Norelco SRP on a double guy pole. There are three in Escondido. Only one works. These lights have meant so much to me. The LED takeover started in 2015. The next year, the ones closest to my grandparents' house (I-15 and E Mission Rd) were replaced in 2017. I cried one night thinking about what happened to all the SOX lights. Goodbye...SOX.  :'( :lps:

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #21 on: January 20, 2021, 07:05:53 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I am very sad to say, but San Diego's SOX luminaires owned by CalTrans are disappearing. There are two survivors on CA-163. I believe they both don't work (EOLPS). One is one a double guy pole, which happens to be my favorite combination, a Norelco SRP on a double guy pole. There are three in Escondido. Only one works. These lights have meant so much to me. The LED takeover started in 2015. The next year, the ones closest to my grandparents' house (I-15 and E Mission Rd) were replaced in 2017. I cried one night thinking about what happened to all the SOX lights. Goodbye...SOX.  :'( :lps:
Sad, I hope some US towns/cities will hang onto LPS. I know of lots on long Island, in the Midwest, and in California. I even saw some at a Maine/Canada border crossing!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #22 on: February 09, 2021, 12:07:16 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
An old green shovel incandescent floodlight that was on the side of a book store connected to a motel was lost to us as the motel and book store beside it are being torn down making way for new condos.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #23 on: February 09, 2021, 12:45:29 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Forgot about this topic lol. Anyways, a couple of months ago, we lost a house with a old shovelhat on the side of it that appears to have been original to the house to make way for what I think is a college or something like that.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 06:12:48 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
An old house in Belmont is being torn down, it had a LED Retrofitted Norelco area light. Sad to see a high quality yardblaster go but it was butchered anyway. I got a couple pics of it.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #25 on: April 20, 2021, 07:42:57 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
An old house in Belmont is being torn down, it had a LED Retrofitted Norelco area light. Sad to see a high quality yardblaster go but it was butchered anyway. I got a couple pics of it.

I especially hate to see old houses torn down. I love old architecture and will bet that house once was quite nice, especially being in your small town in NH.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #26 on: April 20, 2021, 07:55:23 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I especially hate to see old houses torn down. I love old architecture and will bet that house once was quite nice, especially being in your small town in NH.
Yeah but at least it wasn't centuries old like some. I think it was built in the 1940s, too bad it's going.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #27 on: April 20, 2021, 08:11:32 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Yeah but at least it wasn't centuries old like some. I think it was built in the 1940s, too bad it's going.

I am glad it was not alot older! Especially if it was going back to to the earlier 1900s along with Victorian-era houses which were built when 2x4s were 2x4s and lots of intricate detail was put into their woodwork, etc. Houses that came before then are a real treat too, they also were built rock solid and by craftsmen who took a lot of pride in everything their hands created  :)

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #28 on: April 20, 2021, 08:17:11 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I am glad it was not alot older! Especially if it was going back to to the earlier 1900s along with Victorian-era houses which were built when 2x4s were 2x4s and lots of intricate detail was put into their woodwork, etc. Houses that came before then are a real treat too, they also were built rock solid and by craftsmen who took a lot of pride in everything their hands created  :)
Belmont has a few of those too with the nice woodwork. Belmont is pretty historic styled and there are lots of old houses there. Too bad they didn't still have their incandescent fixtures to complete the look! I at least hope the replacement for the 1940s house will be somewhat nice.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #29 on: April 20, 2021, 08:30:11 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Belmont has a few of those too with the nice woodwork. Belmont is pretty historic styled and there are lots of old houses there. Too bad they didn't still have their incandescent fixtures to complete the look! I at least hope the replacement for the 1940s house will be somewhat nice.

Yeah, Belmont sounds like one of those really cute historic towns here in New England that have an appreciation for the old homes that are still standing. As long as their owners take good care of them and the community and residents continue with their civic pride in keeping Belmont as nice as it is, the older homes now existing should be around for lifetimes.  :)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies