Author Topic: Time to say goodbye to...  (Read 10277 times)
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #45 on: July 19, 2021, 09:42:25 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
My old daycare that I used to go to in Laconia was demolished recently. I remember there used to be some fluorescent troffers in there (F32T8 probably) and an old halogen floodlight outside that was meant to light the power meters but it was pointing directly at the siding! I'm sure there was some cool stuff I just don't remember. The place was built in 1900 too. As of today it looks like it will be a parking lot as gravel has been laid down and concrete light pole bases are now there.
Sad. There were probably some cool fire alarms in there, too.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #46 on: July 19, 2021, 09:58:50 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Sad. There were probably some cool fire alarms in there, too.
Maybe, I think they were some newer model. I have a memory of when they went off, my 5 year old memory thought the building was going to blow up!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #47 on: July 19, 2021, 11:22:00 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
At my preschool the fire alarms were long dim beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps. Problably so that our little eardrums were blown away...
Sounds like you're describing a continuous electronic horn. Most of of the horn codes I've heard are temporal/code three.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #48 on: July 20, 2021, 01:00:02 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
At my preschool the fire alarms were long dim beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeps. Problably so that our little eardrums were blown away...
Sounds like the ones at my old elementary school, it was like a loud electronic buzzing that continued on until the alarms were turned off.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #49 on: July 20, 2021, 02:49:29 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
It's like ya know that beeep beeep beeep that last about 0.75 sec each beep but slower so each beep is about 2-3 sec
That's called temporal coding. Pretty much the only coding I've heard from a fire alarm.

Okay, let's return to the main topic, please. ;)

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #50 on: October 20, 2021, 03:45:04 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
There’s a lot in Belmont that’s being subdivided for commercial use and it is wide open and has two utility poles with one holding a 50w HPS 201SA. When that land and the two lots abutting it sells, the setup will be removed to make way. I will try to get day and night pics.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #51 on: November 09, 2021, 03:49:04 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Well the parking lot of J&Js Yolk in Belmont is finally being redone and unfortunately it required the removal of the GE PF154 floodlight on the property. Hasn't worked since I've known about it, also has the bulb socket loose.Oddly the fixture had a 40 sticker! If I see it lying around, I'll try to ask for it.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #52 on: November 09, 2021, 04:47:28 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
CreeRSW207 - Why is unusual that the PF154 had a 40 sticker? Did it have a different wattage or type of lamp or something?
LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #53 on: November 09, 2021, 05:00:03 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
The PF-154 is considered a low-wattage utility flood light. Oddly enough, it was available in 400W. The same goes for the Cooper OVX.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #54 on: November 09, 2021, 05:06:27 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Very odd. I was thinking of a possibility that it could be a 400w MH cram lamp but the tag looked orange so I won’t know until when/if I can get the fixture.

Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: Time to say goodbye to... « Reply #55 on: November 09, 2021, 06:39:48 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
The PF-154 is considered a low-wattage utility flood light. Oddly enough, it was available in 400W. The same goes for the Cooper OVX.

The utility here once used those with ballasts that allowed you to change the spade taps to either 250W or 400W.

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies