Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91421 times)
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #255 on: December 04, 2020, 01:38:17 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I just had a dream where I had a Osram Golden Linear 60w SLI/H lamp in my collection.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #256 on: December 09, 2020, 06:16:57 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Has anyone had any nightmares about lighting such as seeing vintage lanterns getting scrapped for LED or getting a rare light bulb broken?

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #257 on: December 12, 2020, 12:32:12 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
I dreamt that I had seen T17 fixtures in service in front of a pawn shop.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #258 on: December 17, 2020, 07:53:32 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I was shopping for bulbs when i noticed osem of them where a bit odd, there where 300w vintage style lamps, a g40 streetlight 250w incandecnet, and a few other weird oens i cannot recall. :P

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #259 on: December 17, 2020, 03:07:11 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I had a dream where I found a book about how James Hooker got into lighting.

LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #260 on: January 08, 2021, 05:12:28 PM » Author: LAllenLighting
When I was younger I used to have dreams about turning on incandescent lamps but they would be very dim, and creepy. There were a couple of lights that gave me nightmares, one being a double spot light fixture in my house (where I slept when I was small) that had 2 40w reflector lamps angled down next to each other, needless to say they looked like a pair of staring eyes (I was like 2 at the time!) The same can be said for another fixture at my grandparents place which is similar. I dreamt once that when I turned it on, the reflector lamps glowed red, like evil eyes. A couple more, I once dreamed an angled bedside light I had was on the floor of my room, with a very bright bulb in and it must have been possessed as it was swivelling around crazily on its own (the lamp could be angled in real life). I was young at the time, and never used that lamp again!
LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #261 on: January 08, 2021, 05:17:30 PM » Author: LAllenLighting
I have a couple more recent ones I remember now. One was that I returned to Spain to see my family again, but none of the HPS lights remained any more and everything was led... Another even more recent one was this: I found myself in a very plain and well lit large basement room. Nothing in it apart from very large cardboard boxes on the floor, lots of them. I peered over the edge and there was all manner of lamps, I just shoved them into a bag but it seemed pointless as there were so many and boxes all around me! I was very disappointed when I woke up...  :poof:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #262 on: January 08, 2021, 05:37:12 PM » Author: Rommie
I have a couple more recent ones I remember now. One was that I returned to Spain to see my family again, but none of the HPS lights remained any more and everything was led...
Hey, that happened for real around here a couple of years ago. We went on holiday for 2 weeks and when we came back I thought we'd turned into the wrong street, all the perfectly working HPS lamps were gone, and you know what had replaced them  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #263 on: January 11, 2021, 05:13:19 AM » Author: LAllenLighting
Oh, I had another dream last night... I was in a large abandoned building, a long corridor with small rooms either side (looked a bit prison like). In 1 of these small rooms I found a wall-mounted fixture with an opal diffuser, I took that off and there were 2 35w SOX lamps inside! They were modern Philips lamps with the red cap and brown dot-matrix font, but they said "made in Vietnam" on them! In a second room, there was a large pile of (all 2ft 20w) fluorescents lying against the wall! It was very vivid, I can remember picking up: a Westinghouse black ender (made in USA), a Sylvania tube with a picture of a dinosaur(!) on it (this was a dream where I could hear my thoughts and I figured this one was a reptile tube, made in Germany), a Sylvania 15w T8 (not 2ft 20w) with 70s Thorn endcaps and "Lifeline" type etch with loads of extra logos and things (not sure where it was made), a GE 20w BLB T12 (made in USA), and 2x 20w T12 tubes with Slimline ends. These last ones were odd as they were a normal 2ft in length, but had Slimline style ends placed over Atlas endcaps, they said ECO on them (that was the brand name in block capitals!) and then like "White - made in Great Britain" - I figured in the dream they were Atlas made tubes and ECO was an export brand! (Something which Atlas did a lot in real life).
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #264 on: January 11, 2021, 08:17:15 PM » Author: High Intensity
I had a weird lighting dream last night... So I'm in a large, old, and messy hardware store, that is mostly lit via F32T8s, of which 90% of them were dead, mercury starved, or contaminated. One corner of the store  however, was lit via 10 150w HPS floodlights arranged sort of in a circle, however, all of them were cycling (including one lamp that had two arc tubes). I went over to the lighting aisle and found a Sylvania BT-37 shaped 400w mercury vapor lamp and a generic ED-37 shaped 400w mercury vapor lamp, both of which were missing their bases, right next to them was a pile of mostly empty lamp boxes. I start digging through the boxes until I found a blank black box. After finding the box, I noticed that all the F32T8s were replaced with LED highbays, but I open the box I found and inside is a ED-37 GE 400w /X mercury vapor lamp, I started to make my way to check out, but then I woke up.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #265 on: January 11, 2021, 08:59:09 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
I had a dream that some of the ITT 327s at a Manchester NH strip mall were replaced with AEL ATB2s.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #266 on: January 25, 2021, 12:10:00 AM » Author: BG101
In my most recent one (a couple of nights ago) there was a 4 or 5 foot T12 tube above washbasins in a wooden toilet block which looked to have been built in the corner of a barn, which at first was labelled "Northlight" (I'd love one or two of those in real life) but when switched on, turned out to be a very bluish colour which I "recognized" as SkyWhite although I've never seen one in person and in the dream it was not very bright; having read through this thread I see I'm not the only one who sometimes has this with in-dream lighting.

There are many others which I'll be happy to recount in due course.

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #267 on: January 25, 2021, 08:27:16 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
This one I had 2 nights ago, I was at a gymnasium (presumably for basketball) that was upgrading their MH highbays with LED. Randomly I saw myself at the pile of old lights and I moved one to the side and I saw a Gumball! What’s odd is that the glass was cyan! I don’t remember if I took it or not because the dream seemed to just end.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #268 on: January 25, 2021, 09:51:12 AM » Author: Bulbman256
I had one last night where part of it was me trying to find some colored glass clear 3 way light bulbs in these weird blister packs and could only find a pack with a dead one, it was so frustrating! >:( :P

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #269 on: February 22, 2021, 07:51:02 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I recently had a dream where I saw some eBay listings featuring many different SLI/H lamps and I saw that one of the listings featured an SLI/H lamp with RDC endcaps normally found on North American HO and VHO fluorescent tubes.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies