Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91428 times)
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #90 on: September 06, 2012, 03:49:49 AM » Author: MikeT1982
Well guys I just had another dream about lighting lastnite!  This time it was about one of those fluorescent streetlight fixtures, the ones they had at service stations with like 8 tubes or what not!  I remember one that worked outside a KfC restaurant way back in the later 80's that my dad would take me too as a child.  It was ripped down probably 10 years ago ...this makes me so sad because if I had only been into collecting then (had too much other things going on in my life with school and such) i could have maybe obtained some rare tubes.  Anyways in this dream it was modern day setting and a rainy foggy night.  I dreamed that everything was normal, wife was working thirds and instead of doing experiments or playing with lighting stuff late at night as i do after work (11pm) this time it was around 3 am and rainy foggy and I took an umbrella and jumped in my car for a ride down to try to test this fixture out.  I remember being in a great mood and very excited as somehow I had (now this is weird and I think it relates to me wanting to fire the mercury vapor lamp at my freinds home up after 20 yrs that I talked about above.  Anyways I had somehow known that power was still on....yesterday eve I drove by that area and a new hotel is there so that's probably why.  So I drove there and no one was there no hotel either...it was basically the 1990's I think because the KFC was out of business. everything was normal but there were Northern Lights plasma in the sky! Very neat!  I opened an junction box at the bottom of the pole and in it there were loose wires.  I had brought wire nuts and connected them live with cloth gloves as I often to when too lazy to shut off house wiring lol!  The fixture  started strobing just like my T12's magnetic ballast fixtures I had in my garage and emitting purple light similar to a frosted mercury lamp! Then they all gradually achieved full brightness and worked perfect...highly doubt that would really happen!  I remember standing there in awe at how well the area was lit and hoping I could convince the township that this was the way to go by how well this fixture worked and convince them to bring these back!  Then I realized I was late for work at the nearby McDonald's which I used to work at while in college.  I used to have to be in for opening shift at 4:45 and that is probably why!  What a cool and wacky dream LoL :-)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 03:52:20 AM by MikeT1982 » Logged
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

I love bulbs of all types.

mrboojay UC2tpasJaLc8IhVdjcDkI_3A mrboojay mrboojays_pics
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #91 on: September 24, 2012, 05:21:43 PM » Author: mrboojay
I had a dream last night where I was in the back hallway of this fake library taking a picture of a recessed 3 lamp T8 fixture with a battery backup dual halogen emergency lamp on it.  Then some weird orb type lamps appeared in the ceiling when I was not looking.  Then there was a maintenance guy coming and 2 people behind me, so to keep from looking weird I stopped taking the picture and walked down the hallway to find a kitchen with a sting of T8 under cabinet lights and a couple T12s at the end.  They looked old and had a little dirt on them, but they had a nice white light when they where on.  They also had weird ends that looked like soda can tops with pins sticking out of them and no end blackening at all.

They had the same look as this
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 06:25:56 PM by mrboojay » Logged

-mrboojay
My lighting-gallery.net Gallery
My YouTube Channel

mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #92 on: September 27, 2012, 08:07:12 PM » Author: mrboojay
I had another dream where on my Dad's manual preheat fluorescent desk lamp it had two 1/2 size F15T8-Ds that had excessive blackening on the ends with the phosphor gone on the middle left for the one in the back, and the one in the front had the middle right phosphor gone, and you could see a long filament going from one end to the other through the clear part and and a coil going around it with the arc going through it to meet up with the end.  The part with the phosphor was glowing but not all that bright.

It was a weird sight and I had a felling they were going to need replacing. :)

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

Brisluminous
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #93 on: September 29, 2012, 08:18:26 AM » Author: Brisluminous
Tonight I might dream of getting one of those great Starlight bulb from your gallery MrBoojay. Very nice aquisition.
Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #94 on: October 02, 2012, 11:28:50 AM » Author: Powell
I almost never have lighting dreams. I was walking somewhere and there was a barrel ( the kind I see folks here storing F40T12s in)  and there were 3 lamps in there and one was a Thorn.  I was thinking "Now how did THAT get over here ? "

NNNN!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #95 on: October 14, 2012, 07:48:06 PM » Author: rjluna2
Early this morning, I dreamt that I went to some corner building with all of the construction going on with both road and the building.  I was wondering what was like before the construction.  Then, the next thing I knew, I was looking into the computer monitor with listing of the said company building I was looking at.  There was three location listed on the Internet showing the said company of the building I was looking at.  I choose the one with the location of site I am visiting at.  Then there is a picture of an old fixture at the ledge of the exterior wall building.  I think the caption said the fixture is the Claude Neon company.  The fixture itself is some kind of brassy finish with ring like a tubular wooden post decoration.  There is a ring above the fixture where now missing fluorescent light bulb that holds the bulb almost like the old British style BC end cap fluorescent light.

Well, that it all I can remember out of that dream :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #96 on: October 15, 2012, 02:48:32 PM » Author: Ash
Dreamed of some weird incandescent lamps

It was an underground service tunnel (cable tunnel ?) built in the 70s which was dimly lit with daylight entering from the entrance door, so i could dimly see without electric lighting. I also knew that the lighting circuit in there was never connected to supply since construction, allthough it was complete with all components installed

The lamps were incandescents in simple black E27 sockets meant for flat ceiling installation but installed on the wall instead, in some places in a group of 2 or 3. And they were weird lamps. Allthough in the dream i was familiar with this type of lamps and knew about them, i only seen them from the front in this dream - so i am completing the side view with best imagination of how they might have looked

The lamps were clear and similar to K mushroom shape, but the shape was weird and with pretty sharp side angle - exactly as in the drawing. The more odd part is that instead of the end of stem (where the filament support wires go), in this lamps the stem itself ended in a quite large mushroom-shaped blob near the front glass from inside

I knew inside the dream that this is how vintage lamps look and that today incandescents look like incandescents in the real world

Thinking of this i wonder what this blob might have been intended for ? Perhaps it is interpretation of all the "halogen inside GLS" lamps. I also did not see any filament in them in the dream, but i knew that they have a filament like all incandescents and that it is normal double coiled filament with 2 center supports like in all 240V incandescents, and that it is outside the blob

Something like this :
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #97 on: November 01, 2012, 10:10:29 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I've had several dreams involving a light that is on my godparents' garden shed in California. First some info about the fixture... I believe the fixture to be (from what I've learned from LG and GoL) a McGraw Edison yard light (you know, the ones where the bulb is in at a 45 degree angle). It was (is as I'm pretty sure it's still there with it's little wasp nest and all) 175w MV I'm pretty sure and I think (again judging by knowledge gained from this site) a Westinghouse LifeGuard 175w BT28 Deluxe White lamp!  I remember when I was younger the light supposedly was burned out and had a coated ED28 lamp.  Anyway then I remember it working (it was on a garden shed which I think was moved away from the driveway where it would have been useful) and it was on a switch (on only when needed). Anyway with this BT shaped lamp it worked.  The phosphor coating seemed sorta worn (you could see the arc tube pretty well, when lit of course) but I remember firing it up one evening and it glowed pink then shifted to greenish-white as it warmed up.  The lamp also seemed pretty bright from what I remember (but then again Westy LifeGuards are famous for doing like 300,000 hours easily.)
Anyway I've had a few odd dreams about this light.   The latest one was last night.  I dreamt I was there and turned it on.  The lamp had an etch that had just the W logo and H39175KC/DX . Anyway for some reason (maybe something to do with the wasp nest in the fixture) the lamp started to melt/deform.  I knew it wasn't a big deal though as all I needed to do was go to the nearby Home Depot and buy a new lamp.  Then I went inside the shed and saw that (in real life there's three F40T12 shoplights) there was two F40T12 wraparounds with what looked like cool white GE MainLighter lamps, but then they changed to F40CW lamps with the big meatball etch.  WEIRD!
Anyway next time I go back I'll confirm the lamp in the MV light and fire it up.  If they ever want to get rid of the light, replace it with something else, or mercury vapor yardblaster lights become banned in their area, I would like to get that fixture/lamp! I'll mention it to them...and if nothing else I'll get photos!
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #98 on: November 02, 2012, 05:00:53 PM » Author: MikeT1982
That's a great dream/story Ace I enjoyed reading! I too love the 45 degree angled yardblasters!   The one with a switch I talk of often at my old best friends house, that I used to fire up for fun back around 1992 is still there but I found that the house which was abandoned for some years has now been bought as it is being renovated recently.  I think missed my opportunity to fire it up, however the power may have been turned off anyways. I hope the new owner has it fired up when I pass sometime.  It used to buzz and flicker back then 20 yrs ago! That would be cool if we both got pictures of the fixtures! I wish i could have that one.  I want to go back to the gas station in a few weeks where I saw the fluorescent  parking lot lights dayburning and get good pics for here  too! :-) it is on the same road strip that has many old service stations and I believe I saw SOX lamps too another one and will try and hunt them down. It's kind of neat also I never get to stop because I am with the wife or family and its a highway intake coming home from visiting relatives and friends, but it gives me something to lo ok forward too some evening the wife works 3rd shift!
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #99 on: November 03, 2012, 12:15:42 PM » Author: mrboojay
I had one last night where I was in a collage and there were some 4 lamp troffers and there were instant start and rapid start fixtures.  I turned on the rapid start fixtures and they started like Phillips Altos on instant start ballasts but they flickered, and the part where they looked mercury starved suddenly "popped" from pink to white.  It was kind of weird.

I also had one a couple of nights ago that there were some 8ft T12 daylight fixtures in an old shed and on a building outside was an old incandescent vanity fixture.  Then the military raided the shed after I plugged the shed in with a small 2 prong plug to turn the lights on.

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #100 on: November 11, 2012, 08:48:38 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Had a good one last night...I dreamt there were several (I remember at least three but I think there were more) 8' 2-lamp F96T12 slimline 75w  striplights on my bedroom ceiling. For some reason one or more of them must have been in need of relamping but I decided to do a group relamp. So someone I know (whom I haven't seen in over a year now and is an electrician) was helping me.  We got ahold of a partial case of lamps, which in the dream were Sylvania Cool White Plus F96T12s (does such a thing exist in real life?) that were also ful power 75w.  Now you know how you use regular common sense in dreams sometimes and remember things from real life? In real life I'm not totally clear on how to install/remove slimline lamps, so my fellow electrician friend showed me how to do that.  The first fixture had a GE EcoLux "Office and Professional" F96T12 (again, does a F96T12 version of that lamp exist?) lamp that was working but had a rather peachy color and was next to (I THINK?) a Daylight Deluxe (again, does a F96T12 /DX exist?). So we relamped that fixture although I asked what the OCV on those ballasts is and was told, "A lot". Now in real life I know some, if not all, magnetic instant start slimline ballasts disconnect themselves from power when the lamps are removed. So I got some insulated gloves anyway. So on the next fixture we got one lamp in and it lit at full brightness (not dim/striating like they do in real life with only one lamp). So I accidentally dropped/threw some tubes across the room into the case and one of them (I think that EcoLux) bent and hit a pair of preheat circline adpaters with lamps that were sitting in a pile of random items.  Well every florescent in that pile cracked and air started hissing into them...then they started ejecting little bits of glass so I left the room, afraid...WEIRD!
mrboojay

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #101 on: November 12, 2012, 11:43:45 AM » Author: mrboojay
That is a cool dream.  With your questions the only things I know are that I have never seen any color bulbs besides coolwhite, and I have only seen Sylvania in 60W (not that I have looked much).

EDIT: I actually have seen a good bit of 8 ft daylights.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:02:37 AM by mrboojay » Logged

-mrboojay
My YouTube Channel

paintballer22

View Posts
View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #102 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42:49 PM » Author: paintballer22
They do make a 75w F96T12/DX I have a Philips one and seen Sylvania one.
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #103 on: November 16, 2012, 06:01:42 AM » Author: MikeT1982
As always great stories guys, I hope to dream more soon. I hope tonite to dream about old clear 175w mercury vapor lamps dimmed and greened out with loud ballasts and electrical substations hopefully a rainy foggy setting lol. Maybe some LPS fixtures in there too please :-)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #104 on: November 23, 2012, 08:11:04 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had a dream last night that I was behind a building with several (I think four) mercury vapor wallpacks with what appeared to be very old, well-used, dimmed/greened-out lamps and probably yellowed diffusers. One was working, two were not, and one had a flickering/flashing (obviously EOL) lamp that was acting much like an EOL preheat florescent. It was pretty weird!
In the past I've had other dreams about old MV wallpacks that were very, very dimmed out.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies