Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 52448 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #255 on: July 09, 2022, 12:00:51 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Tried to fix my laptop with a busted screen, the new one just didn’t want to light!  Gonna have to fiddle with it at some point tommorow. Also if anyone find a the idiot who decided to secure the screen with adhesive and not screws let me know. :curse: :curse: :curse:

@jamie: Well hey, you only live once, gotta hang out around UHV some time or another. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #256 on: July 09, 2022, 03:36:28 AM » Author: joseph_125
Ugh I hate glued together electronics. Makes it ten times more annoying to open up for repairs than if they were screwed together. Easier to break it during disassembly too. I too want to know who started this trend. :curse:

On the plus side my internet started coming back at 8:30PM (LTE) with the rest coming back a hour later.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #257 on: July 09, 2022, 09:15:52 AM » Author: Rommie
I still can't believe how loud a 500,000 volt transformer buzzes!!
It was exciting but admittedly I was very apprehensive and feel embarrassed about that.

Hey, nothing to be embarrassed about. The day you're not apprehensive about half a million volts will probably be your last  :DeAtH:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #258 on: July 09, 2022, 09:21:05 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm not that bad okay, I managed to pass didn't I? ;) :police:

Besides I can now go streetlight spotting when I have the chance. ;D

Just as long as it isn't a case of, 'Ooh that's an interesting light..' CRASH.!!!  :police: :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #259 on: July 09, 2022, 10:41:18 AM » Author: Econolite03
Same thing probably happens to you when you saw a SOX lamp still in use.
 :mrg:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #260 on: July 09, 2022, 10:47:08 AM » Author: Rommie
Actually, when we came across a long stretch of motorway lit by SOX, we missed our turning  :-[ :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #261 on: July 09, 2022, 05:22:06 PM » Author: Econolite03
That’s when a U-turn comes in hand.

oh wait you drive on the wrong side of the road, my bad.
 ::)
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #262 on: July 09, 2022, 05:30:06 PM » Author: Rommie
No, we drive on the left side of the road, which is the correct side. You drive on the right side, which is the wrong side  :P  ;D

In any case, you can't do a U turn on the motorway  :o :poof:  :DeAtH:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #263 on: July 09, 2022, 10:51:25 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I say just drive in the middle of the road . You'll be covered on all counts !!  :DeAtH: :mrg:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #264 on: July 09, 2022, 11:28:54 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Went out driving alone for the first time today, dropped of some letters, got some candy, and then got lost slightly at an exit I had never seen before but lead to my house. Took a little while but I'm home safe. :-[ 8)

Anyways tomorrow I'm upping the distance slightly by partially driving 350 miles to my grandma's house. :mrg:

@Ria: The right side of the road is in the name, it's called the right side for a reason you know. ;) ;D

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #265 on: July 09, 2022, 11:32:23 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Did you get your candy from a stranger ??  :mrg: :lol:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #266 on: July 10, 2022, 12:01:56 AM » Author: Bulbman256
No, it was this place called the "Grocery store" :lol: :police:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #267 on: July 10, 2022, 12:14:08 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Sorry !! I just had to go there !!  :lol:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #268 on: July 10, 2022, 09:48:54 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Drove to My Grandma's house, once I met her halfway I got to drive her car the rest of the way there. May or may not have had to quickly pass a semi on 2 lane blacktop going 100mph... :mrg: Got some good experience learning how to pass in tough conditions like that, which is good. Also stopped in Larned to take better pictures of a transformer bank that's really old. 8)

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #269 on: July 12, 2022, 09:57:05 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Replaced every outlet and switch in my grandma's kitchen with new ones, added GFCI protection to them. :bulbman: The really weird thing is that the kitchen is on 4 separate breakers for the outlets, I have the specifically marked in the panel for that reason. Took about 5 hours to do, I also had to run to the hard ware store to get stuff in the middle of it all. :P

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies