Author Topic: What did you do today NOT lighting wise  (Read 52423 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #345 on: March 21, 2023, 10:44:39 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Me and my buddy Tried to Replace the shoes on the rear brakes of his 1985 Cadillac fleetwood, however we could not for the life of us remove the driver's side drum. We tried heating and giving it some WD-40, but none of it work unfortunately so we just put the wheels back on it. Anyone have an idea for us to be able to remove it? It looks to be rusted onto the hub. :wndr:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #346 on: March 21, 2023, 11:09:58 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Spray it with PB Blaster and let it soak . A lot of heat will help too . Then , knock the hell out of the flat surface just outside of the wheel studs with a LARGE hammer ! Just DON'T HIT THE WHEEL STUDS !! It may take some doing but it usually works for me !  In the end , you may meed to replace the drums also .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #347 on: March 22, 2023, 12:19:22 AM » Author: joseph_125
PB Blaster is miles ahead of WD-40 at loosening stuck and frozen parts IMO. And some well placed heat usually does the trick.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #348 on: March 22, 2023, 12:33:34 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I've never heard of PB Blaster. Sounds like it might be good to have around?
Is it something you can just get at a normal hardware store?

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #349 on: March 22, 2023, 12:35:05 AM » Author: joseph_125
I usually get it at auto parts stores but it seems like HD has it too.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #350 on: March 22, 2023, 04:44:15 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Even Wal-Mart sells it .

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #351 on: March 22, 2023, 06:02:27 PM » Author: Bulbman256
We did use PB Blaster, i just misremembered the name of it and said WD-40 on accident.  :-[ We did use a large mallet, but we might have to get a bigger hammer. :wndr: Considering he's planning on selling the car soon, we probably won't bother with fixing it but ill tell them about y'alls advice. 8)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #352 on: March 22, 2023, 06:08:13 PM » Author: Rommie
Where's me 'ammer, I ain't 'aving it  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #353 on: March 25, 2023, 12:26:06 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Currently on a trip for school to Greece/Italy!! I'm in Istanbul as I type this and about to head onto the plane to Athens.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #354 on: March 25, 2023, 08:57:23 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
attended a basketball competition and finished last, earning a black medal. :'(

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #355 on: April 02, 2023, 05:11:47 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Planted my tomato & kale seeds. (did the peppers & tomatillos last week) .. so I have a bunch of little pots that will eventually be plants for the garden.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #356 on: April 02, 2023, 11:10:55 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Spent my day FREEZING MY BUTT OFF at a small stockcar racetrack in north west Ohio. Fun day , but rediculously cold !  It was 37°f and cloudy with a light breeze when we arrived in the morning and 43°f , partly sunny and breezy when we left late that afternoon ! BRRRR !!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #357 on: April 03, 2023, 03:21:26 PM » Author: Rommie
We always knew you were a nutter, Tim  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #358 on: April 05, 2023, 03:33:01 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Recharged the AC on my car as yesterday I found out the hard way that it wasn't very effective because I drove home from a track meet when it was 90F and I was sweating to death after my run. I ended up having to drive home shirtless and with the windows down at 80mph to not cook myself alive.  :-[ I did it and it already is working a lot better, I assumed it just slowly leaked over the course of 12 years like my dad's old accord did. I'll have to give it a comprehensive test later on when its hot out again as typical Missouri weather kicked in and made it 40F today. ::)

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What did you do today NOT lighting wise « Reply #359 on: April 14, 2023, 01:09:44 AM » Author: icefoglights
Finally dug out my 2006 model Peerless wall mount and hung up the monitor over my desk.  Amazing how much space eliminating that little stand frees up.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies