Author Topic: What kind of cell phone do you use?  (Read 9666 times)
FGS

View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #195 on: December 03, 2017, 08:52:27 AM » Author: FGS
If a product broke once and got replaced that's fine, but continual breakages is another matter altogether.

Still shouldn't turn away from a brand because of a model being of bad design either at their fault or whoever made the battery for them. Take Samsung. They generally make good phones for Android. Their Note 7 being the bad design. Buy anything from them all you want but avoid their Note 7s.

What kinda phone do you have that haven't cracked when you sat on it? (Too lazy to read back 10+ pages of this thread. Plus I'm on a break at work.)

Edit: found it. 4" screens are tougher than 5.5"+ screens when it come to sitting down on them. Small phones doesn't flex as much compared to bigger ones when they're trying to keep from taking the shape of your seat. Try flexing a piece of glass and see what happen. It's simply nature of glass.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 08:57:18 AM by FGS » Logged

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Mainly the mechanical side of things

ATL sammi.grayjones@gmail.com
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #196 on: December 03, 2017, 04:38:03 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
I might have been a bit strong in saying that I wouldn't go back to a manufacturer ever again, but I hear of people being on their fourth or fifth iPhone 6, and still they go back for more. To me there can be such a thing as too much brand loyalty.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen)

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

RyanF40T12

View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #197 on: December 04, 2017, 12:50:43 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
It may not be so much a thing of brand loyalty as it is familiarity.  Take my dear sweet old widowed mother for example.  She's in her 70s, and for the past 5-6 years she's been using I-Phone.  it was her first smart phone and trying to learn a new operating system/format can be very stressful for the elderly or those with learning disabilities (I would know, i have my own!) So we'll be sticking with I-Phones for her while I am very happy with the Droid operating system.  Even though I hate google. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #198 on: December 04, 2017, 01:02:30 AM » Author: Lodge
Who needs a cell phone, just get a Sierra wireless aircard/hotspot and then you can use what ever WiFi device you like, there isn't much you can't do with a tablet and add an external antenna with like a 12 db gain and even in areas other don't get service you'll get near full signal strength...
Ash

View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #199 on: December 04, 2017, 01:22:55 AM » Author: Ash
Whats the point ? Tablets run the same operating systems and are made by the same companies as phones
Lodge

View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #200 on: December 04, 2017, 01:48:32 AM » Author: Lodge
Whats the point ? Tablets run the same operating systems and are made by the same companies as phones

Not all tablets, you can get some of the cheaper ones to run linix and some of the more expensive ones to run windows, and if you want real cheap you can always get a blackberry tablet they are actually pretty solid little units, or step it up and use a laptop or even a raspberry pi..
Flurofan96

View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #201 on: December 06, 2017, 06:03:29 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Some facts and advice I am going to take from the recent posts

I will stick to Samsung since as I know their S8 phone STILL offers the headphone jack so I can use my best MARLEY earphones  Cool

Miss Cuddly (Sammi) Can I suggest the Pixel 2 phone by Google if you think if you don't want another Samsung smartphone? Otherwise I think Samsung are still on the top of quality as my s4 is still working fine after 4 years (will be 5 in the new year of May!!) and I will continue to use it until the day I can no longer do so. Honestly as long as my s4 can run FB, play YT videos of Aphex Twin audio videos, text on SMS, WhatsApp and Viber, run SoundCloud then I am flipping fine and the best thing is that many apps on Google Play store can run happily on my 4 year old S4  Cool also the flipping camera is still meeting my standards especially when going out and about taking pics of lighting that I post here  Cool

As for the portable Apple products I like their iPods, I still use my green coloured iPod Nano 7th Gen, its much better than having a phone size iPod Touch (like iPhone minus calling feature) because all I want to do is to load up my albums of Coldplay, Aphex Twin, The Prodigy and various electronica dance music and being so small its a pleasure to take around along with my s4 phone. I know smartphones can store music too but having it on separate iPod is better for two things

1: You can normally take photos with your smartphone whilst listening on your iPod
2: You save hella lot of space on your phone memory by having iPod as your music device source
3: You don't stress the battery duration of your phone

And with iPods is like a total blessing when coming to situations where unpleasant noises are present such as small children/babies crying, it is so distressing for me  Embarrassed especially on the bus and train. Sometimes going on the top deck of a double decker London bus is the way forward as most mothers have their babies on buggies and they have to stay on the ground deck.

SXteenW 2D

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #202 on: December 06, 2017, 06:20:10 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
My S3 mini is actually coming up for three years old, and as long as it keeps on going I'm happy. I've never been one for updating their handset as soon as a new 'improved' phone comes out. One of my mottos in life is 'If it 'ain't broke don't fix it.'

LED lighting has its place in the home or other indoor uses, but outdoors in street lights is in my opinion not one of them.

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #203 on: December 06, 2017, 06:23:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
My S3 mini is actually coming up for three years old, and as long as it keeps on going I'm happy. I've never been one for updating their handset as soon as a new 'improved' phone comes out. One of my mottos in life is 'If it 'ain't broke don't fix it.'
Agreed, I tend to prettymuch use devices till they croak, my computer is coming on 5 years now... hoping to make it last a long time to come...

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Gallery

Alex//I love both Iceland and CO

https://www.facebook.com/ DJ_Unrealeased UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w Jack_u_aliens
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #204 on: December 29, 2017, 03:15:55 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I currently have an Iphone6s because I value the aux jack that the 7 seems to lack
I pay for it every month, ran by sprint unlimited data
It's black and still good

Fluorescent Lamp T12/T17 Fluorescent Lamp
Snapchat: EvanT12/Dj I.D. I can conduct 120VAC
High Pressure SodiumMercury Vapor LampHigh Pressure Sodium
etta er Mackenzie GF F96 g elska lsingu og mun skjta upp LG sem Kenzie
Check out my Socials

Flurofan96

View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #205 on: August 12, 2018, 11:54:16 AM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi all

For my 22nd bday gift I got the Samsung S9 phone and it is so brilliant with camera, screen and everything you expect from Samsung. I still got my S4 phone which is now stored in its original box from 5 years ago. I would have used it for another 3 years if I didn't smash it's original screen! Oh well the S9 feels fresh and like a new start to everything!

Great thing about the S9 it still has the aux jack for earphones!

SXteenW 2D

Cole D.

View Gallery

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #206 on: August 12, 2018, 05:17:03 PM » Author: Cole D.
I agree, in my opinion I don't see why people get new phones so often other than they're on contracts for two years or they break them. To me if it does what you need, there's really no need to keep up with the newest model.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 series phone myself (it's my first phone I got) and it works okay. Although, I don't use it for a whole lot of intensive apps besides some games and listening to Pandora. I do take all of my photos on Lighting Gallery with it. It could use a new battery, but I may get a new phone eventually, I just don't see a real need to since it still does what I need.
Flurofan96

View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #207 on: August 12, 2018, 05:26:04 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Due to the poor quality screen replacement I was sort of forced to retire early the s4 because the battery kept running low no matter how you do to slow it down it's because the replacement screen was a basic LCD one with poor sensitivity and energy wasting compared to AMOLED. I was really upset when I broke the original S4 screen but it's good to replace your phone every half decade or more. I'm not these ppl who replace their phones after 2 years unless in extreme situations I have to.

And I will not go to an iphone not any time sooner

SXteenW 2D

Miss Cuddly

View Gallery

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #208 on: August 14, 2018, 04:36:23 PM » Author: Miss Cuddly
Due to the poor quality screen replacement I was sort of forced to retire early the s4 because the battery kept running low no matter how you do to slow it down it's because the replacement screen was a basic LCD one with poor sensitivity and energy wasting compared to AMOLED. I was really upset when I broke the original S4 screen but it's good to replace your phone every half decade or more. I'm not these ppl who replace their phones after 2 years unless in extreme situations I have to.

And I will not go to an iphone not any time sooner

I'm with you there I will only replace my phone when it dies completely I have just replaced the battery in my four year old S3 mini and it's as good as new. There is no way that I will touch any apple product.

HomeBrewLamps

View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #209 on: August 14, 2018, 05:19:14 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Apple is trash in my opinion.

--Owen

High Pressure Sodium Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps (Duh lol) Cool High Pressure Sodium

High Pressure Sodium Sodium lighting is king!

Print 
© 2005-2018 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines