Author Topic: What kind of cell phone do you use?  (Read 78346 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #195 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
My S3 mini is actually coming up for three years old, and as long as it keeps on going I'm happy. I've never been one for updating their handset as soon as a new 'improved' phone comes out. One of my mottos in life is 'If it 'ain't broke don't fix it.'
Agreed, I tend to prettymuch use devices till they croak, my computer is coming on 5 years now... hoping to make it last a long time to come...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #196 on: December 29, 2017, 04:15:55 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I currently have an Iphone6s because I value the aux jack that the 7 seems to lack
I pay for it every month, ran by sprint unlimited data
It's black and still good

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #197 on: August 12, 2018, 01:54:16 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Hi all

For my 22nd bday gift I got the Samsung S9 phone and it is so brilliant with camera, screen and everything you expect from Samsung. I still got my S4 phone which is now stored in its original box from 5 years ago. I would have used it for another 3 years if I didn't smash it's original screen! Oh well the S9 feels fresh and like a new start to everything!

Great thing about the S9 it still has the aux jack for earphones!

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #198 on: August 12, 2018, 07:17:03 PM » Author: Cole D.
I agree, in my opinion I don't see why people get new phones so often other than they're on contracts for two years or they break them. To me if it does what you need, there's really no need to keep up with the newest model.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 series phone myself (it's my first phone I got) and it works okay. Although, I don't use it for a whole lot of intensive apps besides some games and listening to Pandora. I do take all of my photos on Lighting Gallery with it. It could use a new battery, but I may get a new phone eventually, I just don't see a real need to since it still does what I need.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #199 on: August 12, 2018, 07:26:04 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Due to the poor quality screen replacement I was sort of forced to retire early the s4 because the battery kept running low no matter how you do to slow it down it's because the replacement screen was a basic LCD one with poor sensitivity and energy wasting compared to AMOLED. I was really upset when I broke the original S4 screen but it's good to replace your phone every half decade or more. I'm not these ppl who replace their phones after 2 years unless in extreme situations I have to.

And I will not go to an iphone not any time sooner

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #200 on: August 14, 2018, 06:36:23 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Due to the poor quality screen replacement I was sort of forced to retire early the s4 because the battery kept running low no matter how you do to slow it down it's because the replacement screen was a basic LCD one with poor sensitivity and energy wasting compared to AMOLED. I was really upset when I broke the original S4 screen but it's good to replace your phone every half decade or more. I'm not these ppl who replace their phones after 2 years unless in extreme situations I have to.

And I will not go to an iphone not any time sooner

I'm with you there I will only replace my phone when it dies completely I have just replaced the battery in my four year old S3 mini and it's as good as new. There is no way that I will touch any apple product.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #201 on: August 14, 2018, 07:19:14 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Apple is trash in my opinion.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #202 on: August 14, 2018, 07:22:38 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Apple is trash in my opinion.
Well I can't change your opinion, you're probably a Samsung person, I'll admit Samsung does make good stuff
But personally I use Apple because I'm used to it, you're probably the same way with Samsung.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #203 on: August 15, 2018, 12:00:56 PM » Author: Rommie
Well I can't change your opinion, you're probably a Samsung person, I'll admit Samsung does make good stuff
But personally I use Apple because I'm used to it, you're probably the same way with Samsung.

We don't like Apple for several reasons. One of which is they don't allow user customisation, whereas our Samsung kit lets you do all sorts of stuff to modify how it looks and operates. Also, Apple stuff seems to be rather prone to breakage, drop an iPhone and the screen shatters, drop a Samsung and it bounces..!

Then there's the thing about them accessing your device and downloading stuff to it unauthorised and unasked. There was a case a few years ago that made the news when everyone with an iPhone got sent a copy of someone's album whether they'd asked for it or not. And only recently there was a case on the TV here where a guy got locked out of ALL his Apple devices because of a problem with ONE of them. They're still trying to figure that one out, last I heard.

No thanks, give me any Android device over Apple any day.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #204 on: August 15, 2018, 12:05:57 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We don't like Apple for several reasons. One of which is they don't allow user customisation, whereas our Samsung kit lets you do all sorts of stuff to modify how it looks and operates. Also, Apple stuff seems to be rather prone to breakage, drop an iPhone and the screen shatters, drop a Samsung and it bounces..!

Then there's the thing about them accessing your device and downloading stuff to it unauthorised and unasked. There was a case a few years ago that made the news when everyone with an iPhone got sent a copy of someone's album whether they'd asked for it or not. And only recently there was a case on the TV here where a guy got locked out of ALL his Apple devices because of a problem with ONE of them. They're still trying to figure that one out, last I heard.

If there wasn't the option of Android as an OS and I was forced to choose between Windoze and Apple, I would go with Windoze...

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #205 on: August 15, 2018, 09:49:54 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: MissRiaElaine
I feel just the same.
But I'd really want to disable all the spyware built into it.
(something that Apple devices have as well, its just never mentioned)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #206 on: August 16, 2018, 07:01:21 AM » Author: dor123
I've currently uses this phone:

Despite made in China, it could be my ultimate regular cell phone, which isn't a smartphone. But the crap Net Phone company, put a crappy software with a lots of bugs:
1. SIM contacts are limited to 6-7 letters only.
2. SMS message sending: cursor moves right when you press left button and the opposite.
3. The back screen turning off several seconds after turning on when receiving a call or an SMS, so I had to disable auto answer so I can use the front screen to see who call me.
There are other bugs in the software of the phone.

When I sent it for fixing these bugs, instead of performing firmware update, they simply replaced the whole complex of the phone, and put a crap battery, which didn't last long, so I had to buy a new battery (Nokia BL-5K 3.7V), and even now I have the feeling that the battery drops to one line very fast.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 07:02:57 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #207 on: August 16, 2018, 07:39:56 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO

I see your point on the dropping parts and it's true but when you used Apple Products since 2005 and you keep on buying Apple stuff, you get used to it. Same effect probably goes for Android or Samsung users, once you use something for a while you become more compatible with it.
Now you're probably a Windows person, I understand because I used Windows since I first found out what the internet was, which was 2005 going into 2006. I used Windows up until 2014, that's when I got I a Mac. I honestly love Windows because that is what my school has and I'm basically forced to use it so I'm really used to both.
Hopefully this didn't offend you in any way, if it did I apologize.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #208 on: August 16, 2018, 08:58:19 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I see your point on the dropping parts and it's true but when you used Apple Products since 2005 and you keep on buying Apple stuff, you get used to it. Same effect probably goes for Android or Samsung users, once you use something for a while you become more compatible with it.
Now you're probably a Windows person, I understand because I used Windows since I first found out what the internet was, which was 2005 going into 2006. I used Windows up until 2014, that's when I got I a Mac. I honestly love Windows because that is what my school has and I'm basically forced to use it so I'm really used to both.
Hopefully this didn't offend you in any way, if it did I apologize.

WINDOZE.!!!  :o
Wash your mouth out.! For an OS we use Fedora, which is a Linux based OS. We only use Windoze when there is no alternative. The same thing applies to Interturd Exploder.  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What kind of cell phone do you use? « Reply #209 on: August 16, 2018, 09:41:44 AM » Author: Rommie
I feel just the same.
But I'd really want to disable all the spyware built into it.
(something that Apple devices have as well, its just never mentioned)
Well at least with Android you can root the phone and get full access to the entire OS. Not that I've dared to do it myself yet, I'm too afraid of bricking the thing  :o ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies