Author Topic: what car do you drive?  (Read 37540 times)
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #60 on: August 04, 2017, 12:00:40 AM » Author: takemorepills
We have 3 vehicles at home, the wife has a 2006 Saabaru 9-2x and I have a 2007 Nissan Titan and a 2016 VW GTI.

My wife is a bag fan of Subaru (Saabaru) because she likes small, AWD cars in the winter (with proper winter tires of course).

My Titan is the longest I have ever owned a vehicle and it was my first full size truck. It has also turned out to be the best overall vehicle we have due to it's typical "Japanese reliability" and how tough and useful it is, very versatile.

And I currently lease a 2016 GTI. This car is awesome, I have a piggy-back tuner on it which is good for about 280whp and 300wtq and weighs about 3100 pounds. It has a DSG and can really rip. HOWEVER, I feel like when my lease is up I may not buy it out. To be honest, it brings out the hoonigan in me and I drive like an idiot in this car. I really like the car very much, but it is like that little devil on your shoulder. I think I might replace it with a Lexus LS because I kind of prefer plush cruise-mobiles.
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #61 on: August 04, 2017, 05:01:11 AM » Author: xelareverse
I don't drive a car yet but my dream car is a 7th gen pontiac grand prix converted to electric.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #62 on: August 04, 2017, 09:14:16 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
Here is my current car.

It's 2006 Fiat Scudo with diesel engine. It's not very luxurious to drive and has aerodynamics of an apartment building but it get's the job done and thus far has been reliable (knocking wood). The best thing about it is that it has webasto-heater.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #63 on: August 04, 2017, 12:37:55 PM » Author: Solanaceae
Owen, put a hemi in it. :P

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #64 on: December 19, 2017, 10:32:02 PM » Author: icefoglights
Recently traded the ZX2 in for something a little more modern.  2014 Chevy Cruze.  Loved the old car, and it served me well, but it wasn't really designed for cross country roadtrips.  More of a commuter car.  The Cruze has already proven itself being comfortable on long trips, getting good gas mileage, and how much stuff will fit in the trunk (for a compact).

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #65 on: December 19, 2017, 11:04:24 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Owen, put a hemi in it. :P
heh thats my name.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #66 on: December 21, 2017, 02:23:44 AM » Author: xelareverse
I got a 1996 Ford F150 XL for Christmas. It's not legally mine because my parents bought it and the title, but I still call it mine just like my phone is legally my parents because they pay for it but I can call it mine. When I turn 18, the title is going to be signed over to me but while I'm driving with a learner's permit and a bit after that, it will be mine to use for whatever I want. My dad has to replace the timing chain and put the water pump and timing cover back on. I'm going to put HID headlights on it. I'm going to add an inverter as well. I'm also going to add a CB radio, and fix all the horrible rust. It has a 5.0 liter V8 and I love this thing. Pics to come tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 10:43:04 PM by xelareverse » Logged
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #67 on: December 21, 2017, 11:32:06 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I got a 1996 Ford F150 XL for Christmas. It's not legally mine because my parents bought it and the title, but I still call it mine just like my phone is legally my parents because they pay for it but I can call it mine. When I turn 18, the title is going to be signed over to me but while I'm driving with a learner's permit and a bit after that, it will be mine to use for whatever I want. My dad has to replace the timing belt and put the water pump and timing cover back on. I'm going to put HID headlights on it. I'm going to add an inverter as well. I'm also going to add a CB radio, and fix all the horrible rust. It has a 5.0 liter V8 and I love this thing. Pics to come tomorrow.

Ooh, you lucky person.!!!!

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #68 on: December 21, 2017, 11:42:01 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We don't have a car ourselves, but are members of a local car club, which you can hire cars by the hour from. The type of car we usually have is an electric car the Renault Zoe, which is fine for short distances around town and occasional trips out to see my mother. Although it sometimes needs recharged when we get there.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #69 on: December 21, 2017, 09:05:29 PM » Author: xelareverse
Here are some pics of the F-150, yes I am going to take a rattle can to the door to change it to the original color. This was the only one my dad could find at the junkyard.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #70 on: December 21, 2017, 09:40:21 PM » Author: icefoglights
Not bad!  Extended cab and Lund visor!  2wd or 4wd?

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

Aveoguy22
Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #71 on: December 21, 2017, 09:45:10 PM » Author: Aveoguy22
We don't have a car ourselves, but are members of a local car club, which you can hire cars by the hour from. The type of car we usually have is an electric car the Renault Zoe, which is fine for short distances around town and occasional trips out to see my mother. Although it sometimes needs recharged when we get there.

I cant imagine not having the two vehicles i own.  i dont think an electric vehicle would do much for me either.  i tend to take long trips that they wouldnt be suit for, besides i like me some fossil fuel burners. 

i can see them working for people in town, but not for people who haul trailers like i do.  also cant see renting a vehicle by the hour, but to each their own.  it may be cheaper for you in the long run.
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #72 on: December 21, 2017, 10:43:46 PM » Author: xelareverse
2wd
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #73 on: December 22, 2017, 07:48:02 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I cant imagine not having the two vehicles i own.  i dont think an electric vehicle would do much for me either.  i tend to take long trips that they wouldnt be suit for, besides i like me some fossil fuel burners.  

i can see them working for people in town, but not for people who haul trailers like i do.  also cant see renting a vehicle by the hour, but to each their own.  it may be cheaper for you in the long run.

We live virtually in the city centre, and are only a few minutes walk away from a big supermarket. So having a car all the time isn't really needed, and the extra money in our pockets doesn't go amiss. :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: what car do you drive? « Reply #74 on: December 22, 2017, 07:54:18 PM » Author: Rommie
We live virtually in the city centre, and are only a few minutes walk away from a big supermarket. So having a car all the time isn't really needed, and the extra money in our pockets doesn't go amiss. :)

Plus I'm of an age where I get free bus travel (there aren't many advantages to getting old, but this is one of them..!), and they run past the end of the road every 5 to 10 minutes during the main part of the day. It's not often we need to travel anywhere that isn't within walking or bus range, if we do, as Sammi says, we have the car club.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies