Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249616 times)
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1140 on: May 09, 2022, 12:41:58 PM » Author: Econolite03
You ‘gals’ are from Europe yet you don’t know Pink Floyd? That’s it…

Gemma + LED Retrofit = awesomeness.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1141 on: May 09, 2022, 12:46:16 PM » Author: Rommie
We aren't from Europe, we're from the UK  :mrg:

As for Pink Floyd, I know of them, but I'm not a fan, so haven't ever listened to them or watched any of their videos.

And pretty please stop mentioning our lovely Gemma in the same sentence as those over-excited semiconductors  :P  ;)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1142 on: May 09, 2022, 12:47:04 PM » Author: Rommie
How about dudes?
No, those are blokes (guys if you must)  :P

Right, that's enough of a  :rr: let's get back on topic, shall we  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1143 on: May 11, 2022, 10:11:43 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Replaced the last of my 100w equiv. Feit daylight filament style LEDs over my drive way :eoled:  I actually got around 7,500 hrs. from this POS running D2D for 2 years , 7 months !! :poof:  Longest lasting one yet !! The replacement is an Ecosmart version which is 100 lumens brighter (1,600L) and used 1 watt less ! (15w vs 16w) . So far , I've had great luck from the Ecosmart lamps...We'll see !!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1144 on: May 26, 2022, 07:51:43 AM » Author: Rommie
Today we received some rather nice Philips spectral lamps, so we're lighting those up. Photos to follow  :bulbman:

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1145 on: May 26, 2022, 10:41:08 AM » Author: thelightingman
Yesterday I got a 39 watt CMH pendant light from my local ReStore for $10. It had a brand new lamp in it but the ballast was bad. Luckily I had another one of those pendant lights I had gotten from that same ReStore so I stole the ballast out of it. The light works perfectly now and is quite bright.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1146 on: May 28, 2022, 09:29:09 PM » Author: 108CAM
A few days ago I went on a train trip to pick up 2 unboxed but NOS 175w MV Holophane ceiling mount fixtures. Normally I wouldn't go by train to pick up lights but because it was only $50 for both, I couldn't pass. Apart from some rain, everything worked out and before I knew it, I was back on the train going home. I'm glad I went outside of rush/peak hour because it meant I could sit the 2 bags and box with the lights on the seats which was good due to how heavy they were.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1147 on: May 30, 2022, 12:03:22 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Changed a couple lamps today, even saw one arc between the filament gap and managed to get a good photo of it while on. ;D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1148 on: May 30, 2022, 12:14:47 AM » Author: joseph_125
Swapped out a ballast in a 3ft striplight. I had a HPF 30w only ballast and I decided to try that one out instead.
bulb_tester2009

View Posts
View Gallery

Resolutely crack down on inferior LED lighting!!

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1149 on: May 30, 2022, 01:23:35 AM » Author: bulb_tester2009
Our delivery will be restored the day after tomorrow, and some fluorescent tubes and ballasts will arrive (including my coveted Philips SL*9 CFL)

I've been collecting light bulbs since I was 2 years old and I've been collecting them ever since.
 :hps::hps::hps:
由于我来自中国,所以英语不精通,大部分内容都是翻译的,所以可能不通顺,请大家谅解
Note:
Bulb base in China:E12(CES) E14(SES) B22d(BC) E27(ES) E40(GES)

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1150 on: June 02, 2022, 07:06:01 PM » Author: 108CAM
I lugged 2 Sylvania Batwings home using a flatbed shopping cart. It was very tiring due to how heavy the lights are but was very much worth it in the end

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

1925-2002

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1151 on: June 02, 2022, 08:38:05 PM » Author: Molly
Had to change my lizard's basking bulb because it blew out.
 :-\

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1152 on: June 03, 2022, 12:22:03 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I replaced a Feit 100w equivalent 2700K filament LED that lasted a little over year, used on average five hours a day, with a new one. Hope it makes it more than one year lol.
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1153 on: June 03, 2022, 02:16:55 AM » Author: Silverliner
Enjoying the 30 NOS Westinghouse Super Bulbs that I got off eBay for $35. 29 60w and 1 100w.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1154 on: June 03, 2022, 02:23:32 AM » Author: 108CAM
Some of the lighting related stuff I've done recently
I dug out some light bulbs I packed for a house move that never happened. I accidently broke a bulb but am not upset as it was burnt out prior to shattering.
I've started restoring and cleaning up my Sylvania Batwings
I built my first prototype for a vertical fluorescent column light
And lastly, I've gained a bit more confidence with metal halide lamps and plan to run up a 70w MH lamp then hopefully have the confidence to fire up my Batwings.

1925-2002

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies