Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249722 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1275 on: November 08, 2022, 05:58:57 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
Last night I installed 2 more wall packs to replace 2 old wall mount globe fixtures.  (they were falling apart and not worth repairing)  I really like these wall packs that I've been installing at several of my buildings.  I get the 3000K and I like the light quality.  They have integrated photocells so I disable the light switch in the entryway that turns them on and off and just leave them on, or I install a keyed light switch.  I also installed a photocell into a LED shoebox canopy fixture so that it will come on at dusk and go off at dawn and I put in a keyed light switch for that one as well.  I have 1 more canopy fixture to do the same on and also need to install a new astrometric time clock for the parking lot lights and then that building will be complete.  I re-wired about 8 or 9 programed start T8 ballasts in this building as the people who retrofitted this building from T12 to T8 didn't wire them correctly so that the pre-heat will come on.  Now they work right.  I still have a lot more fixtures I need to re-wire in this building when time allows. Also need to replace 2 bad occupancy sensors in the bathrooms.  They are stuck on all the time and no adjustments work. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09WQPS182?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1276 on: November 11, 2022, 07:17:49 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Now the clocks have gone back in the UK, I got a call this morning saying the floods on the car wash haven’t been working all week, and it’s dark by 4pm now, found a tripped breaker that wouldn’t reset, and the timer was showing Saturday even though it was 11am on a Friday morning!??
Found BOTH Ansell 200 watt LED floods with ‘a flood’ inside them and half the diodes fried!

They only went up in November 2019, so got the cost of them back under the 5 year warranty!
Replaced them both with a pair of 100 watt Lumineux LED floods that are actually better and brighter even though their 100 watts less in power!  :poof:

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

RandomCatPerson

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1277 on: November 14, 2022, 11:16:23 AM » Author: RandomCatPerson
Actually Saturday now but I've been working on adapting a modern radial wave fixture to fit onto a GE Form 46.

See me on youtube at Random Cat Person for more content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq1jSBuQvMObtCuglqB_6g/videos

Westinghouse is King

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1278 on: November 18, 2022, 12:32:30 AM » Author: 108CAM
Been starting work on my Christmas light display for the 2022/23 festive season.
The yard display is getting close to completion and I will begin hanging lights on the gutters and rooflines which will complete my display.
I've spent lots of time repairing what's broken and charging the batteries in my solar powered lights.
Photos of the completed display will be uploaded when work is completed.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1279 on: November 21, 2022, 12:48:21 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
there ofcourse has been the ongoing Christmas lights putting up outside (and trees inside) for the past few weeks.

Put this weekend, replaced a couple light fixtures at my sisters place. And right now I'm in the process of upgrading a set of incandescent mini lights to LED (clear to blue twinkle). It'll go on my new blue tree.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1280 on: November 21, 2022, 12:33:01 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Took delivery of a Chalwyn Consul oily lamp with a reflector - pictures will be posted later... :oil-ltn:  ;D

Oh, and I've just bought another one.  :oil-ltn: :mrg:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1281 on: November 21, 2022, 12:44:36 PM » Author: Rommie
They're taking over :oil-ltn:  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RandomCatPerson

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1282 on: November 21, 2022, 03:05:54 PM » Author: RandomCatPerson
I've been spending an ungodly amount of time re-organizing my gallery.

See me on youtube at Random Cat Person for more content.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYq1jSBuQvMObtCuglqB_6g/videos

Westinghouse is King

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1283 on: November 24, 2022, 02:37:52 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I had another oily lamp delivered today.  ;D :oil-ltn:

This one is the New Lynx model.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1284 on: November 24, 2022, 05:56:17 PM » Author: Rommie
Here we go again  :mrg:

Only joking, they're lovely really, and do give out some much needed heat in this not-very-warm corner of NE Scotland  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1285 on: November 24, 2022, 05:57:55 PM » Author: Econolite03
Putting up my christmas lights, including the Tru-Tones.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1286 on: November 24, 2022, 06:04:21 PM » Author: Rommie
Well yesterday actually, made up a ballast board for our 60W SLI/H linear sodium lamp. Don't have the correct ballast as yet, but a 50W SON one is close enough until I can find the correct good old magnetic lump. Pictures to follow  :sli:

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1287 on: November 25, 2022, 01:07:39 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday, put up some Christmas lights outside.
Both yesterday & today, been trying to get the software on the Raspberry Pi's that run the lights working.
(got it to the point of working (but not right) for 'lights on' tonight. still will have to deal with that tomorrow, & try to finish putting up lights)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1288 on: November 25, 2022, 03:22:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
They're taking over :oil-ltn:  :mrg:

Are you sure it isn't their mating season ?? :lol: :mrg:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1289 on: November 25, 2022, 03:23:25 PM » Author: Rommie
Could well be, there seem to be a lot of them around the place here  :mrg:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies