Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 1222552 times)
suzukir122
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery


suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1830 on: August 17, 2026, 04:29:16 AM » Author: suzukir122
I will be keeping an eye on one of my F30T12's... a classic Sylvania F30T12, that could be going EOL soon. Sometime around 12am, the etch side of that lamp,
which had been giving off a slight pinkish hue compared to all of the other lamp endings, did a noticeable blue flash, before reverting back to the pinkish
hue state. Possible hotspot movement... it's funny because that ending barely has any blackening, just a very slight spotting that is barely even noticeable.
No "Tear Drop of Death" end blackening yet, but I expect that to change. This is on the same fixture I mentioned in my previous message, on the ballast that
I plan on changing soon. Maybe it will turn blue and stay blue/catch me off guard. :lol: I've had that happen in school before, where I was expecting a lamp
to get to the point of EOL/Tear Drop of Death, etc... but the ending turned blue and stayed that way for the rest of the school year. 
Me being a kid at the time, I was disappointed. :'-)

Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

icefoglights
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA


GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1831 on: August 18, 2026, 12:16:26 AM » Author: icefoglights
Removed the 4ft 2-lamp wraparound fixture from my downstairs hallway/laundry area.  It was a bit too much for the area it was being used.  In its place, I put up the Lampi Studio wraparound that was originally purchased for the laundry area back in 1999.  At some point, I'll put up a more conventional 2-bulb fixture, but I'll use this until the sheetrock is put back up.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2026, 12:33:38 AM by icefoglights » Logged

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

icefoglights
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA


GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1832 on: August 29, 2026, 06:05:39 AM » Author: icefoglights
Started installing the light in the attic of the addition.  Got the light box hung, MC cable run from the light to the switch, and the switch wired up at the access opening.  Still have to run a cable from the attic lights in the old section to get power from.
Logged

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

BT25
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1833 on: September 21, 2026, 07:52:38 PM » Author: BT25
Found a NOS Philips SRX L70/L71 SOX luminaire new in box...pictures coming soon.
Logged
LightsoftheWest
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.


streetlightian
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1834 on: September 21, 2026, 07:53:29 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
No way, your first LPS luminaire! Nice find, Eric! :lps:
Logged

LG's North American luminaire identification specialist

**If anyone wants to learn more about any company or product you've never heard of before, do please leave a comment saying so on one of my gallery pictures or by PM, and I'd be happy to give a thorough explanation.**

BT25
Member
*****
Offline

Gender: Male
View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1835 on: September 21, 2026, 08:27:24 PM » Author: BT25
I also have two Philips SOX18 tallpacks...one is NOS. Probably should post a pic.  ;D
Logged
Print 
© 2005-2026 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies