Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249818 times)
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #360 on: October 15, 2019, 03:01:33 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Today I replaced about 12 2000/2001 vintage Motorola Silver edition 2 lamp .50amp F32T8 ballasts that were still working but am getting a head start on them prior to them going out.  Going to save most of them.  Replaced them with .41 amp Sylvania/Osram ballasts as usual.  Not as bright but these are in areas that don't need the brightness and they will provide good warm light.  (Sylvania 3000k tubes)

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #361 on: October 15, 2019, 11:01:34 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
replaced about 12 2000/2001 vintage Motorola Silver edition 2 lamp .50amp F32T8 ballasts <...> Going to save most of them.   
Nice stuff there.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #362 on: October 15, 2019, 11:21:38 PM » Author: suzukir122
Motorola ballasts... I've always had an interest in them to a certain extent. Especially in the public library my family use
to go to when I was a kid, in St.louis. (Jamestown library) That library had 3 lamp T8 fixtures in rows, with all of them
using Motorola R.S electronic ballasts. The smaller T8's EOLed the most. They were Sylvania F17T8's, I think. I would
always sit back and watch the bad end light up orange, with orange swirls as well. This is Motorola we're talking here,
so there was mercury migration with all three lamps each time an EOL lamp was involved. Not sure if it killed the ballasts
though... I would always notice all three lamps out shortly afterwards. (A day or two later)
Anyways, back on topic, one of my track lights finally went EOL a couple days ago. Although it's cycling, I got a video of
it struggling to start today. Camera cut out early though... memory full. I'll post that video soon.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #363 on: October 16, 2019, 01:28:03 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
I like them.  I am going to save a number of them that have lower hours on them. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #364 on: October 18, 2019, 11:30:02 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Today I cleaned and refinished more parts for the Finned M-1000 w/P.C.  More photos of the progress soon!!!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #365 on: October 21, 2019, 03:14:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We started to plan out how we will mount our MA/V lamp, so that it's easier to see, our current thinking is to use something like a laboratory stand...

I've just had a sudden flash of inspiration.!!  We could modify a post top lantern to take it. :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #366 on: October 21, 2019, 03:24:16 PM » Author: Rommie
We started to plan out how we will mount our MA/V lamp, so that it's easier to see, our current thinking is to use something like a laboratory stand...

I've just had a sudden flash of inspiration.!!  We could modify a post top lantern to take it. :)

That might work, although we'd probably have to replace the lampholder, I've not seen many post-tops with E40 holders around  :-\

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #367 on: October 21, 2019, 03:30:53 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Also cleaning and starting to polish the reflectors on these.
The Dremel is your friend on these.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #368 on: October 21, 2019, 03:37:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Never had any luck with a dremel. Personal preference I guess.
For me it's one of the best tools I have ever bought.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #369 on: October 21, 2019, 09:32:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: RyanF40T12
I like them.  I am going to save a number of them that have lower hours on them. 
Save them all!

Quote from: GE101R
LM admirals.jpg
Really like that one :)

Quote from: Mandolin Girl
The Dremel...
Very handy little tool.

-------------------
Today's light-related stuff for me...
* Put up some strings of orange & purple lights for Halloween (not connected yet though, and probably won't happen til the weekend since the weather report shows snow for Wed/Thu (hopefully won't be too much since I'll need to get on the roof))

* Converted a set of clear incandescent mini lights to green LED twinkle.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #370 on: October 21, 2019, 10:28:26 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: GE101R
Are you old enough to remember the Christmas lights (bare 25w colored bulbs) that were strung from pole to pole on the main street in your town?   
The nearest town has as long as I can remember done mini's in the trees along their main street, & C9's in some of the other trees (well..used to, its all LED now)

The colored 25w bulbs would look cool, can't remember seeing that anywhere...probably before my time (or atleast before the time I can remember stuff from...)

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #371 on: October 22, 2019, 10:53:07 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We took delivery of a box of 12 HPS lamps - Hand delivered.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #372 on: October 22, 2019, 07:44:13 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Just bought another lantern from ebay  ;D

This one, that we're going to turn in to a floor lamp. Being a post top, it will be a lot easier than a side entry Beta 5. We're not giving up on it though.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #373 on: October 26, 2019, 05:43:34 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
So that we could have our MA/V lamp lit in the correct orientation, I clamped a shelf and a bracket together as a support.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #374 on: October 26, 2019, 10:07:08 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Went to a lights meetup in the morning (last one of the year)
Put up Christmas lights in the afternoon.

In the evening after dinner, finished connecting up a few things for the Halloween lights, & set the Pi to run the 'show' at scheduled times.
(come late Thursday night, the Pi & controllers will be shut down & lights removed on the weekend)

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies