Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249859 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #480 on: March 24, 2020, 09:10:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Removed the 2 existing normal lightswitches in my bedroom & replaced them with 3 switches... 2x 0-10v dimmers + 1x normal. Quite a pain in the a-ss.
Now I just need to swap out the ballasts in the light with dimmable ones...but that's a job for another day.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #481 on: March 25, 2020, 02:29:21 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We received two PAR38 self-ballasted CMH lamps today.  8)

This is a picture of one of them lit.  :par:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #482 on: March 25, 2020, 02:38:39 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Swapped out ballasts (and lamps) in the previously mentioned fixture. Job is complete now. Love it already ")
(Pic's will be posted sometime later.)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #483 on: March 29, 2020, 07:49:27 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Today I spent the afternoon cleaning streetlights ! I cleaned one of the 3- OV-10's , My Joslyn MV141 Spaceship (photos to follow) , and last but not least, the OV-25 shortie. :mvcobra: :mvcobra: :mvcobra:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #484 on: April 02, 2020, 02:17:33 PM » Author: Rommie
Today we made up a ballast board for our 140W SLI/H lamp. It also has an E27 lampholder and changeover switch so that we can use the same ballast to run spectral lamps, which we hope to get some of soon  ;D

Photos to follow  8)

Hmmm, it's just occurred to me there isn't an icon for SLI/H lamps, they don't have a U bend like SOX lamps, so this :lps:  isn't any good  :lol:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #485 on: April 02, 2020, 03:41:38 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
While Ria was building up the ballast board for our SLI/H lamp, I screwed together a storage box for our long lamps. It does the job of keeping them neat, but it would have been a whole lot better if I had paid attention when transposing measurements from feet and inches to metric, so the box is 200mm shorter than it should be and I've had to adapt to an open ended design.  :curse:

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #486 on: April 02, 2020, 08:01:18 PM » Author: High Intensity
I accidentally set an EOL incandescent bulb on fire and the outcome was pretty cool (Might post pics later).
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #487 on: April 02, 2020, 08:05:15 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: High Intensity
I accidentally set an EOL incandescent bulb on fire and the outcome was pretty cool (Might post pics later).
This needs to become a YouTube video :o

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #488 on: April 02, 2020, 08:15:54 PM » Author: Lumex120
Ok, now I need to know how you managed to do this, accidentally on top of it.  :lol:

Unofficial LG Discord

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #489 on: April 02, 2020, 08:28:16 PM » Author: High Intensity
I was microwaving it (in a scrap microwave i have) and the base caught fire, melting the glass near the base (i was expecting it to explode, not melt).

I was able to do it to a few more and they look pretty cool.

You can see the aftermath here.

I did record the microwave melting the bulbs, but i still need to review the videos and then i may post them.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 08:38:27 PM by High Intensity » Logged
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #490 on: April 04, 2020, 05:50:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
With some of the MDF I had left over from building the lamp box I made the other day I constructed a plinth to put the pole for Gemma on.  :)

So now we can get the speakers we were using as a plinth into the kitchen and put them up...  :)

That is once I find the [censored] brackets that we bought...  :curse:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #491 on: April 04, 2020, 06:02:53 PM » Author: Rommie
As promised, here is a photo of the ballast board we built for our 140W SLI/H lamp.

Thanks to lightingguy1994 for the lovely SLI icon  :sli: :sli: :sli:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #492 on: April 04, 2020, 06:25:34 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Not today, but last lighting-related thing I did was mount 8 T5 lampholders & a ballast on a board to make a 4xF8T5 'fixture'.
Originally tested with standard F8 lamps, then my G8T5's arrived yesterday, so I put 3 of those in.
I now have something that'll be used to sterilize any items I order online before they're allowed in the house.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 07:35:11 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #493 on: April 05, 2020, 06:47:56 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
I found pile of old Idman mv flight obstruction lights. All of them are in pretty bad shape after tens of years of outdoor weather and rought removal but I think I will manage to assemble one complete unit. Will post pic when it's ready.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #494 on: April 05, 2020, 01:53:41 PM » Author: Cole D.
Nothing today, yet yesterday I went through some of my bulbs and sockets. Plus I wired up my GE NEMA and tested my Sylvania GTE bulb in it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies