Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249863 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1020 on: October 17, 2021, 08:39:53 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
This was last night actually before we went to bed.  :bulbman:

After a looking for it all day we litted Nanaba's light blub  :racc:  :c7blue:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1021 on: October 18, 2021, 12:53:02 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
3 things today:
* Put up some Christmas lights.
* Re-installed a 1xF32 fluorescent on the house (had taken it down for painting)
* Converted a 2xF96 strip to LED (I'm quite impressed. nice upgrade.)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1022 on: October 18, 2021, 11:14:12 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've got a Philips CDM-T ELB 70W litted that we got in the box of lampses from Max.  :love:

As always pictures to follow.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1023 on: October 18, 2021, 06:40:53 PM » Author: HPS_250
Today I went through a couple boxes of T12 fluorescent lamps and brought a few EOL ones out for disposal. The rest will be used for the rapid start T12 fixtures in my garage, since they’re just common Phillips Altos.

I also saw some more F32T8 fixtures at my school being retrofitted with LED.

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1024 on: October 18, 2021, 07:19:26 PM » Author: High Intensity
Got a pretty decent score from my local Restore yesterday, mainly consisting of slightly older Incandescent, fluorescent, and a few LEDs with big heatsinks.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1025 on: October 19, 2021, 05:28:56 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Got my Eye 220w hps lamp in today, currently lighting it up. 8) :hps:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1026 on: October 19, 2021, 06:50:02 PM » Author: Rommie
If it's the same one as we have, it's a lovely lamp. I have always been impressed with the build quality from Iwasaki  :hps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1027 on: October 20, 2021, 01:36:57 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We've got one of these litted today that we got as part of our trade with John (thorncollector) :hps:

And I've started on a spreadsheet of our collection, with this lamp as the first entry.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1028 on: October 20, 2021, 03:38:04 PM » Author: Bulbman256
And I've started on a spreadsheet of our collection

How long is that going to take? :lol: :mrg:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1029 on: October 20, 2021, 03:40:43 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Probably a couple of decades...  :poof:  :lol:

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1030 on: October 21, 2021, 03:57:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Another day, and another lampses from what we get from thorncollector. Today it's a clear Sylvania 175W MV.  :mv:

And it was another entry on the spreadsheet. :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1031 on: October 21, 2021, 04:43:24 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Mind posting the photos? :wndr: :D

It took me ~3 weeks to finish cataloging my 362 or so light bulbs, not sure how many you have so results may vary. :mrg: :lol:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1032 on: October 21, 2021, 04:45:36 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Ria has posted the lamp from yesterday, which has been commented on, and the other one will be going up later.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1033 on: October 22, 2021, 04:52:48 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We had another US spec 175W MV lamp on today,  :mv: and it was a lot easier to look at the arc fube now that we have these  8)

Proper welding / brazing goggles.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1034 on: October 22, 2021, 06:46:10 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Glad you are not searing your retinas any more. ;D

I need some of those for my 220w hps lamp, that thing gets bright! :poof:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies