Author Topic: Gallery of Lights No Longer?  (Read 50402 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #90 on: September 25, 2020, 12:37:50 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
IDK, but I think I should close my GoL account, because if guests are looking at profile information of members, I should close my GoL account. Or is it too late... :-\

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #91 on: September 25, 2020, 01:08:43 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
IDK, but I think I should close my GoL account, because if guests are looking at profile information of members, I should close my GoL account. Or is it too late... :-\

That's another thing i hated about it, I wasn't able to close my account myself because for some reason a mod has to do it and the main admins are not known to do much so accounts may be forever. Luckily I knew of one that deleted me no prob

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #92 on: September 25, 2020, 01:23:53 AM » Author: joseph_125
I'm not a member there but I get this message at the bottom of the home page  : Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php56/root/usr/share/pear') in /home/disaster/public_html/sanriovillage.com/galleryoflights/mb/SSI.php on line 63

I also noticed that I can click on "memberlist" and look at member's profile info ! @ lightinglover8902 , I can see your gender , age and location along with all of your stats ETC. !!!!  :o  Try that here on LG and you'll get "WARNING , You can't look at just any member's profile , login or become a member now !" (Or something similar to that !) .

While I'm not sure why it was setup this way but I should have fixed this issue, You'll now need to log in to view the memberlist and user profile info.

They just don't care anymore over at GOL, I was on there briefly and it was boring, disorganized and very outdated. I offered to help the admins spruce it up with my new icons package and maube a nice splash on the home page but got no response. I eventually had a  GOL mod who is also a regular member here on LG delete me from there.

I honestly have no idea how the site manages to stay online

TBH I'm surprised the owner is still paying for the domain and the hosting. I believe a lot of the issues happened when the forum software was upgraded two years ago. The site used to be more functional before then.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #93 on: September 25, 2020, 09:25:54 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: joseph_125
TBH I'm surprised the owner is still paying for the domain and the hosting.
Interestingly, the same hosting also includes these 2 sites:
disasterous.org
sanriovillage.com
(so there'd be no additional hosting fee, but it would be 2 more domain registration fees)
The 1st one has long said "closed" . The 2nd one is just a totally blank page...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #94 on: September 26, 2020, 01:29:37 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Welp, I went to try to upload my pictures on GoL and still gave me a critical error.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #95 on: September 26, 2020, 01:38:41 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Honestly at this point you guys who are still on GOL are better off downloading your content and closing up shop. Theres more life and better maintenance in a graveyard than what GOL has.. Which is unfortunate

Administrator #5

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #96 on: September 26, 2020, 01:42:51 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Honestly at this point you guys who are still on GOL are better off downloading your content and closing up shop. Theres more life and better maintenance in a graveyard than what GOL has.. Which is unfortunate

Well, if this keeps up, I will eventually close my account on GoL.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #97 on: September 26, 2020, 04:09:19 AM » Author: High Intensity
I have a GOL account with a few photos on it, most of which are unique (in other words, they only exist on GOL and not LG).
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #98 on: September 26, 2020, 11:08:39 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: High Intensity
I have a GOL account with a few photos on it, most of which are unique (in other words, they only exist on GOL and not LG).
Same here. That's where my streetlight-photos gallery is. GOL has always been more of a streetlight site, so that's
where I built my gallery.
Honestly what I should do is go through and save/backup all the description/comments/etc data & store it with the photos I took, just incase the site ever goes away. That way I still have it all (I guess just for myself) if I ever want to look back through..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #99 on: September 26, 2020, 11:10:50 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Yeah with the way its going on there its a good idea to back up your content because the site could fall apart enough to go offline anyday now

Administrator #5

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #100 on: September 26, 2020, 09:00:31 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah back when GoL was active I used to post more streetlighting, traffic signal content on GoL and fluorescent/incandescent content on LG. HID stuff got posted on both sites.

I've considered migrating the GoL exclusive content over to LG but a lot of the streetlighting pictures are outdated as they were taken before LEDs took over. And it also seems there might not be enough interest in the traffic signals to upload them to here. I think a good chunk of the streetlights in the gallery are no more. The other issue is since I have quite a few images to migrate, it'll a while to upload them to LG even if I max the 10 a day limit. I'd rather upload them all a once and only show the best 10 pictures in last uploads but LG dosen't support that.
Patrick
Webmaster

View Posts
View Gallery

LightingGallery
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #101 on: September 26, 2020, 10:21:57 PM » Author: Patrick
What we could do is batch add a set of old files and backdate them.  The wouldn't ever show up at the top of the list, but they would be available in your albums.

Patrick C., Administrator
Lighting-Gallery.net

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #102 on: September 26, 2020, 10:59:23 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Lightingguy1994:
Yep if something ever crashes on the site..I doubt it'll ever even be restored from backup :(

@joseph_125:
Yep.. the majority of my streetlight pic's there are pre-LED as well.
I just went & looked .. have 400+ images in just my streetlight album.

-----------
It'll be very time consuming to attempt any sort of save/backup of my own, but I'm gonna start looking at it..

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #103 on: September 27, 2020, 11:16:27 AM » Author: rjluna2
I use Gallery of Lights to upload movie and/or TV show that has lighting related stuff.  The host of this site complains that I should not be doing at here and that is why I continue to do that at GOL.

Since I could not upload the picture at that site, I would like to do this here until it has been fixed, then I will continue to upload there.

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #104 on: September 27, 2020, 11:55:55 AM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Id like to mention that there is no issue if you have pics of streetlights that have since been changed to LED. In fact your images may be the only capture of the former left in the world other than google street view. And its nice to see what existed before the LED replaced it.

There is no such rhing as outdated lighting on lighting gallery :lol:

Administrator #5

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies