Author Topic: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it!  (Read 6298 times)
suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #165 on: July 17, 2019, 04:11:22 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yooooooo... @Dor123... 122 degrees?? Was that the actual "feels like" temperature, or was that heat index?
That's crazy! Absolutely crazy, if that's actual air temperature

Interests
1. Motorcycles, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weighting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #166 on: July 17, 2019, 08:20:27 PM » Author: dor123
This was the actual index at Sodom, and there were only 15deg humidity, and lot of fires.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #167 on: July 17, 2019, 08:32:36 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dor123, that's... I can honestly say, although I'm only 28 years old, I'm not sure if I would be able to
physically survive that kind of temperature. That's only 12 degrees away from the hottest temperature ever
recorded here in the U.S: 134 degrees.

Interests
Yep
Lighting has been a passion of mine since I was born. I consider everyone on LG to be a friend

dor123

View Gallery
Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #168 on: July 18, 2019, 03:13:29 AM » Author: dor123
The Sodon temperatures yesterday, was the highest in Israel since Jun 1942, than there was 54*C (129.2*F) at Tirat Zvi: Article .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the European date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 230-240V, 50hz country.

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #169 on: July 18, 2019, 10:56:49 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
@Dor123, that's... I can honestly say, although I'm only 28 years old, I'm not sure if I would be able to
physically survive that kind of temperature. That's only 12 degrees away from the hottest temperature ever
recorded here in the U.S: 134 degrees.

My paint booth at work has no temp control, the heat is either on or off. when is really humid you still need the heat on to lower the humidity in the booth (humidity causes paint to do BAD THINGS!) . I've been in there ,in my Tyvek suit, spraying at between 115-130 degrees on multiple occasions. I come out of there looking like a drowned rat cause I'm soaked with sweat! When I come out into the 90 degree shop it feels like air conditioning !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

suzukir122

View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #170 on: July 18, 2019, 02:39:37 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Dor123, see what I mean?? Even Wide-lite 1000's paint booth wasn't as hot as the weather over there where you live.
122 degrees is so far the hottest temperature I've ever heard of, especially here recently.

@Wide-lite 1000, I couldn't imagine how hot that paint booth would be if it were 122 degrees outside here in Ohio.
We're getting relief here in Dayton Ohio now with the weak thunderstorms that just developed. I was on my way towards
going to the bike garage to try out the smoked visor I finally installed onto my helmet. Went to the gas station to
fill up my car to prepare to head to the garage in Middletown... by the time I was at the gas station, I already canceled
plans to go to the garage. A storm base cloud was in front of me waiting for me to take the highway. haha... nope.
Not going anywhere today.

Interests
Yep

wide-lite 1000

View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #171 on: July 18, 2019, 06:44:03 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
@ suzukir122 : I can't wait for it to cool down even a little, the temp in the shop was 94 degrees today !

@ dor123 : My brother used to live in the desert in southwestern Arizona, I visited him there once and even with the low humidity is was OPPRESSIVE ! Even the wind was HOT ! I couldn't imagine 122 degrees with the sun beating down on me. NO THANK YOU !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

View Gallery

Knight of the D-line streetlights

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #172 on: July 19, 2019, 11:41:01 AM » Author: 589
Lighting hit the power pole in front of my house two weeks ago while I was on the can... twice, boy that was exciting. I had to replace the mainboard on my tv because a Chinese power relay flashed over and fried the tv through the USB port it was attached to. Apparently one of the outdoor elsewhere in the house GFCI's got blasted too, gotta fix that soon. My neighbor's internet line got toasted as well.

Low Pressure Sodium

xmaslightguy

View Gallery

^homebuilt fixture

GoL ATL
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #173 on: July 21, 2019, 10:22:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
It was in the upper 90's here both Thu & Fri, plus 9% humidity on Fri...so pretty desert-like .lol. I think down in the city (Denver), it got to 100, & 101 those days.

We had a nice little thunderstorm (not severe) come through my area tonight, had pretty frequent lightning, but looked like most of it stayed in the clouds. Still cool to watch.

Colored Fluorescent's such as F40T12 Red or  Green or Blue are awesome...

lightinglover8902

View Gallery

Yes. Power distributor:CenterPoint Energy.120V60Hz

GoL UCP_yo1gHzReqS19MjJMXUKg
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #174 on: July 22, 2019, 04:03:18 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
A rare July cold front is coming my way! And the mornings are gonna be in the 60s!

fluorescent lover 40

View Gallery

Lights are awesome! :)

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #175 on: July 22, 2019, 01:38:59 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Heard some thunder (only two times) and it started drizzling pretty fast but then it stopped as soon as it started. The temperature was 84 degrees and humidity was 38%. Probably the only severe weather (and probably rain) I will face in the summer lol.

Power provider: Southern California Edison (SCE)

-Date decoder of some US lamps 1960-present.
-Switch and receptacle collector.
-I'll save any vintage lamp! Smiley

Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #176 on: July 22, 2019, 05:36:17 PM » Author: Cole D.
Saturday night we got a storm. About 9PM it started thundering after dinner, but far away, so I went out on the back porch to have a look. Just some lightning in distance and a very slight sprinking of rain. I stayed about there about 10 minutes, then suddenly the flashes got much closer. It lit up the whole area like daylight and very loud thunder started, so I went back inside, too dangerous. A few minutes later it started pouring down rain with more flashes - could see them in the house with blinds closed. But it only lasted about 20 minutes and then it was gone.

Today it rained this evening quite a bit but not a lot of thunder in it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

mefurd98

View Gallery

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #177 on: July 22, 2019, 07:16:03 PM » Author: mefurd98
We've had a few severe thunderstorm warnings around here for the past few days. Typical summertime pattern with these isolated cells going severe for about 30 minutes or so. Lightning struck right around the house the other day and I was worried that it ran into one of my lights outside, but it didn't. There is a front coming in this week that is supposed to cool things off a bit and give us a decent amount of rainfall.
paintballer22

View Gallery

120V/240V 60hz

Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #178 on: July 22, 2019, 08:43:55 PM » Author: paintballer22
I just had a severe thunderstorm roll threw a few minutes ago. We had a tornado warning as well. There was lightning all over the place. The lights flickered a lot but never went out. I will have to check the paintball field for damage as it's in a area known direct lightning strikes.   
Cole D.

View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Its severe weather season! Be prepared for it! « Reply #179 on: July 28, 2019, 11:12:50 AM » Author: Cole D.
Last night was going for walk, in evening. There were some dark clouds forming, but no thunder. But when I was further away, suddenly the thunder started cracking, so I turned around and got home quickly. It started popping more frequently, but no rain until later on. Not a very long rain, but steady.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2019 Lighting-Gallery.net | Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines