Author Topic: Finds of the day  (Read 64871 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #60 on: January 26, 2021, 06:02:36 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today I saw an EOL M250R2 in 50w HPS. I'm no longer reporting any of Belmont's lights to Eversource due to fears of LED. I don't want a brand new bulb getting wasted.

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #61 on: January 31, 2021, 01:08:48 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
More sad news. A GE M-400A2 FCO was replaced by a Cooper Navion. A T&B Series 13 was replaced by an Evluma AreaMax. A Wide-Lite F-Series flood light was taken down, and then replaced by a RAB LED flood light. A T&B Series 125 was replaced by a tall pole with 3 cheap LED flood lights. Every replaced light mentioned was a childhood memory. :'(

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #62 on: January 31, 2021, 01:13:57 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Another knockdown in my area. Don't know when it happened. New light will be either a GE Evolve ERLH or AEL Autobahn ATBM.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #63 on: February 01, 2021, 03:16:23 AM » Author: High Intensity
Came home today to find that a row of Caltrans owned GE M400A2 FCOs on an expressway near me had all been replaced with Solarmax SMX fixtures.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #64 on: February 01, 2021, 03:55:02 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Came home today to find that a row of Caltrans owned GE M400A2 FCOs on an expressway near me had all been replaced with Solarmax SMX fixtures.

What color temperature are they?
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #65 on: February 01, 2021, 04:12:34 AM » Author: High Intensity
4000K, just like every other LED streetlight Caltrans has installed out here recently.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #66 on: February 01, 2021, 04:15:31 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Oh okay. Are they the newer ones or the older ones?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 04:19:29 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #67 on: February 01, 2021, 04:19:20 AM » Author: High Intensity
I did not know there were two types, but I'll have to check some other time as its dark and late right now.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #68 on: February 01, 2021, 09:53:02 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I did not know there were two types, but I'll have to check some other time as its dark and late right now.
Yeah, Solarmax redesigned their SMX.

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #69 on: February 01, 2021, 11:39:35 AM » Author: alexd120
I found this 100w mv holophane 412 wallpack with a  guard on it
Bought is off of ebay for 40 dollars it should be here next week

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #70 on: February 01, 2021, 03:13:07 PM » Author: High Intensity
Yeah, Solarmax redesigned their SMX.
Looking it up now, I think the fixtures that were installed recently are of the newer design (Caltrans had not been installing Solarmax LEDs out here for a while, and were instead using Leotek GCLs and EC7s for spot/group replacements, hence why I was not aware of this)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #71 on: February 01, 2021, 03:46:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Looking it up now, I think the fixtures that were installed recently are of the newer design (Caltrans had not been installing Solarmax LEDs out here for a while, and were instead using Leotek GCLs and EC7s for spot/group replacements, hence why I was not aware of this)
Ah ok, it was somewhat recently that they redesigned it.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Finds of the day « Reply #72 on: February 01, 2021, 04:06:53 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I found a GE 101R on someone's gated entrance when my dad and I were on our way visiting one of my dad's very good friend. I think it has a dead bulb because it didn't work when we passed by it at night. However, it did work a few years ago. I believe it is a 175W MV!

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #73 on: February 03, 2021, 02:32:31 PM » Author: alexd120
I see the same 175w and 250w MH fixtures everyday

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Finds of the day « Reply #74 on: February 04, 2021, 02:12:22 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
A Yardblaster in someone’s yard has never worked in years but the other day I saw it working! It is very dim so I’m assuming it’s al old bulb that hadn’t been used in years. It’s clear MV too! It also dayburns.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies