Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91378 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #75 on: April 15, 2012, 10:07:54 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Last night I had a dream that I was in a car with my Mom, in a dry, desert-like place, and there was a lone power pole with a NEMA head and a coated 175w ED28 mercury vapor bulb inside. It wasn't lit, though, since it was daytime.  I remember screaming something like, Yeeesssss! at the sight of that fixture, my Mom wondering why I was going crazy, and then we started talking about insurance or something, and she said, "oh, ED28", or something, and I said "what about BT28". Then the dream got confusing after that and didn't deal with lighting anymore.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #76 on: April 23, 2012, 10:40:49 AM » Author: rjluna2
Last week, I dreamt 1500 Watts incandescent heat reflector bulb with a tinted yellow glass.  The reflector bulb has medium base cap :o I looked at the center of the reflector bulb and saw thick wavy filament with these support.  Inside the filament wreath contains a strainer ??? with loose torned Tungsten 'brillo' piece inside the strainer :P

Now that is a weird dream I have experience with this type of bulb :P

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #77 on: April 28, 2012, 02:56:15 PM » Author: MikeT1982
That is very cool guys!!! Interesting!!  I love how some of the weirdest twists happen to the details!  Well for a few weeks nothing, then last night I just had another very enjoyable one and it was about my favorite elusive lamps I always wanted but have yet to own! SOX lamps!!  Check this out.  I was driving down the street past an old pet shop in town that has been sold out and turned into apartments back in the late 90's.  My father and I used to frequent this store for about 15 years while we kept aquariums and birds back when I was a kid.  Anyways I noticed 3 yellow glows like upright glow sticks from some guys balcony and cut a U turn in the middle of the street (no one was around) and drove by again to see they were U shaped tubes, I cut another illegal U turn (it was dark seemed like around 3am) and parked in the hardware store parking lot across the street where dad and I used to park for the pet shop.  I got out and walked closer and stared getting very excited as it was just as I thought, mounted like candle holders and sticking up like candle sticks were 3 SOX LAMPS!  All looked to be short 18watters.  Two near each other to the right, and one to the left, on this guys 1st floor deck railing!!! They were ceramic bayonet bases screwed right to the railing.  The lamps appeared to be halfway warmed up and in eternal state there, they would not go brighter.  Now it gets super cool. Attached to the bayonet bases just like at a flea market was a small description tag on a string written in pencil.  It described them as SOX lamps and rare and for only $8 each I believe, and it said....get this "easy to power, can be ballasted with a low pressure sodium ballast or a 1000 watt incandescent in series" LoL!!!!!!  Anyways the guy had his apartment doors open and I could see a table lamp lit and could hear the tv on so I kind of yelled "hey what's up!?". I'm out here and interested in your lamps sir! No answer, and then I woke up!!! What a weird dream!!!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:59:34 PM by MikeT1982 » Logged
Brisluminous
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #78 on: July 23, 2012, 06:58:37 AM » Author: Brisluminous
Hi All

Interesting topic - I'm starting to get a nice collection of street lights now, and I was thinking of erecting a few poles in the yard to 'showcase' them. I don't know if it will attract the wrong attention e.g local council, etc.

I think it would look unreal, and bonus, the kids can play underneath at night!
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #79 on: August 11, 2012, 03:57:57 AM » Author: MikeT1982
I think that's a great idea!  Too bad nosy people won't stay out of our hobbies LoL.  The other night I was riding my bike down a back road with empty parking lots and stores (i work 2nds wofe works 3rds so it was around 3am) and there is a noisy clear mercury vapor fixture by an old VFW building that I like to stop to rest and enjoy the noisy ballast and how old it seems when somebody possibly intoxicated scares the heck out of my yelling "HEY WHAT THE F**K ARE YOU DOING!!!" at the top of his lungs.  He may have been intoxicated I don't know but I was pretty upset.  I ignored him riding away, but mad thinking who is this guy to tell me i can't ride my bike under and observe lighting I love! I'm a 30yr old X-ray technincian at a local hospital not some troublemaking vandal.  I gues he had no way of knowing because it was dark outside and I may have looked suspicious :-/ oh well!  Anyways I haven't had any problems since and travel that route nightly with a headlamp on bike and all.  No dreams since the above LPS one! I hope soon I have another!
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #80 on: August 11, 2012, 03:05:30 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Do dreams involving vintage generators fit here? Because if so, I have a great one to share (sorta lighting related because of old control panel indicator lamps) Anyway, if that will fit, please let me know!
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #81 on: August 11, 2012, 03:38:59 PM » Author: Ash
Its interesting and thats what is important
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #82 on: August 11, 2012, 05:18:54 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Alright, here goes...
at Cape Decision Lighthouse (just google "cape decision lighthouse") there was this 30KW Onan (NOTE: previously I had never heard of Onan but I've since been told they're pretty common) generator.  I'm ASSUMING it was from the 1970s-early 80s but I'm not positive on that.  Anyway, despite first having quite a few hours on it and then sitting for many years it was still in pretty close to mint condition.  Anyway I had a dream  recently that I had one of the same model at my house.  In the dream I fired it up, flipped on the main breaker, and I think got ready to take a shower (grabbed a towel, etc. and decided to check on it one more time.  Anyway, there was a pretty hefty coolant leak.  As anybody would do, I shut it off immediately and fixed whatever problem there was.  I also think I had an all-electric house in the dream (electric heat, hot water, etc.) which would explain a 30KW generator since I live off the grid.
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #83 on: August 11, 2012, 11:11:28 PM » Author: MikeT1982
That's a really neat dream!  Thanks for sharing!
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #84 on: August 13, 2012, 03:21:41 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I had a dream last night that I was cleaning out my Mom's attic (she actually doesn't have a crawlspace attic at her house) and found a bunch of vintage bulbs.
Like:
a Western Family 100w bulb made by GE instead of Feit, and had that thin fake frost (which I like) like the GE "basic" or "standard" bulbs and some of the ACE hardware bulbs.
green Philips incandescents (party light bulbs) only in some odd shape between A15 and A17 with the Sylvania base.  The packaging advertised them as night light bulbs
Other vintage colored bulbs
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #85 on: August 14, 2012, 05:13:59 AM » Author: MikeT1982
Hey Ace that's another really cool dream, I hope I have one soon again especially about Sox lamps. speaking of LPS lamps I promised that I would get down to the store on the highway about 40 minutes away that I believe has sox  lamps however I was passing with the wife and could not stop. I have yet to get back there mostly because each weekend that I have off some project comes up for some chores to do or something to fix, and with the price of gas I have been nervous about it. But before winter or maybe even during the winter I want to go down there while it is still light out and see them start up and if they are LPS or not! They seem to be about 2 feet long and on poles kind of like an upright sickle but straighter so I think they are sox, they had a very good yellow color, so I plan to get down there while it is still light out and see if the neon glows orange! and to take some pictures for here!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 05:17:46 AM by MikeT1982 » Logged
slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #86 on: August 15, 2012, 05:30:36 AM » Author: slipperypete
I always have this same reoccurring dream where I am in a dark room, and I go flip a switch and the light doesn't work.

Bulb bans = Fascism

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #87 on: August 15, 2012, 05:34:48 AM » Author: slipperypete
I dreamt I got to hold on to the old Edison bamboo filament bulb, and that I fumbled and dropped it causing it to shatter.

Bulb bans = Fascism

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #88 on: August 21, 2012, 03:23:06 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Last night I had a dream that I was in Home Depot with someone looking at the lighting aisle and all the Philips bulbs.  I remember saying to whoever the other person was that my mother used to buy lots of Philips bulbs.  There were yellow (bug light?) night light bulbs and regular 60w and 100w bug light bulbs.  I opened up one of the packages and there was a GE bug light in there (that looked vintage) that then turned into a 12v 50w inside frost bulb. The packaging had morphed into that yellow "standard" GE packaging too. In another similar box there was a vintage Sylvania 12v bulb too!
WEIRD!
MikeT1982

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #89 on: August 27, 2012, 02:29:41 AM » Author: MikeT1982
Well I haven't had a lightig dream for quite some time, lastnite I final had one again! It concerned the yard blaster type fixture halfway down the 1 mile road I bike at night to relieve stress after work, it just died after rainstorm last week.  I loved the fixture, it had a noisy ballast and drooped and it's reflector was yellow. It was clear mercury vapor bulb and very greenish from age and dim.  Anyways indreamed that I rode my bike down to it at about 3 am with my buddy who doesn't even ride bike with me but was liked to hang out with me when I do electronic experiments.  We both were talking of how this was a mission and wanted to go undetected, we bought a bulb changer from Lowes home improvement and for some reason it was extremely difficult to balance but we got it around the bulb and unscrewed it.  All the time the tension was high like a high stakes mission.  I woke up before we got to install the new bulb, a 175 watt clear Sylvania I had ordered from eBay.  It was an interesting dream I just wish I had installed the new bulb.  I actually wouldn't mind carrying  this dream out but think I may get caught as a house is pretty close :-/
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies