Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91388 times)
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #210 on: February 12, 2017, 10:08:45 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@hannahs lights:
Something like that would be really awesome  if it were real instead of just a dream .lol.

----------------
Dreams always come up with the coolest fluorescents...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #211 on: February 14, 2017, 02:37:56 PM » Author: wattMaster
I recently had a nightmare that this streetlight was being replaced with an LED version. :-[

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #212 on: April 19, 2017, 01:48:12 AM » Author: ace100w120v
I dreamt last night it was literally, literally, RAINING blue C7 LED retrofit lamps, I kid you not!  Then the dream switched to my house being on fire, go figure!
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #213 on: April 19, 2017, 09:17:06 AM » Author: Lumex120
I dreamt last night it was literally, literally, RAINING blue C7 LED retrofit lamps, I kid you not!  Then the dream switched to my house being on fire, go figure!

That would hurt.

Unofficial LG Discord

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #214 on: April 20, 2017, 09:45:27 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: ace100w120v
I dreamt last night it was literally, literally, RAINING blue C7 LED retrofit lamps,
If that happened in real life I'd have the camera out recording :o then the moment the 'rain' (well more like 'hail' since those things are hard plastic) was done, I'd be outside collecting :o :o
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:49:06 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #215 on: May 02, 2017, 01:03:52 AM » Author: ace100w120v
LOL, any lighting enthusiast would!  One time, years ago, I also had a dream there was an easter egg hunt in a wooded area but for various colored bulbs, no joke!
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #216 on: May 31, 2017, 11:20:21 AM » Author: RyanKorponay12
i have dreamed about replacing a EOL T12 in my school before

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #217 on: July 31, 2017, 10:23:16 PM » Author: CEB1993
My most recent lighting dream involved me replacing the four 43 watt Sylvania halogen light bulbs over my bathroom mirror with four of my Polish 100 watt Philips bulbs from the 16 pack.  It was a strange dream because it looked like they were only emitting as much light as the 43 watt bulbs, but I clearly saw the etches that said Philips, 100 watt, soft white, Poland. The bathroom was oddly shadowy and dull despite the 4 100 watt bulbs.

I would not put four 100 watt bulbs in my bathroom IRL because it would get way too hot with the steam from the shower, and it would be a rude awakening in the middle of the night to flip the switch and be blasted with 400 watts of light.  That would really throw my melatonin production for a loop and mess up my sleep cycle  :D

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #218 on: February 24, 2018, 12:30:52 PM » Author: rjluna2
Last night, I dreamt that there is a ground floodlight that contains pair of 135 Watts SOX bulbs where these bulbs are in the horizontal position with the U tube at the vertical position.  The floodlight is almost like a ceiling fluorescent light fixture enclosure, but it paired up with SOX bulbs with the clear cover.  We were at some kind of setting where people gather at the area where the floodlight at.  At first these bulbs has already start to light up with Xenon/Neon/Argon buffer glowing before starts to warm up.  I explained to another person that is Low Pressure Sodium light bulbs with Xenon buffer and it takes a while for the Sodium into vapor form where the electricity conducts into Sodium emission.  That was it.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 04:33:07 PM by rjluna2 » Logged

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #219 on: June 03, 2018, 01:10:40 PM » Author: Rommie
I recently had a nightmare that this streetlight was being replaced with an LED version. :-[
Hey, that actually happened in our street, while we were away on holiday  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #220 on: August 18, 2018, 09:56:05 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Form time to time, I will have this re-occurring dream that one of my fluorescent fixtures have failed in a show that doesn't even exist or I've never seen.
Sometimes I get a dream where the fixture is placed in a haphazardly way or just a fluorescent tube sticking out of the wall lighting up with no wires or anything. Most times the ballast is buzzing really loud and the fixture is sometimes hanging by nothing but wires and sometimes are destroyed but still working.
I will even get a bent lamp or a lamp that you look at and it seems to go on for about 20ft or 90ft and sometimes I can't even see the ends.

this counts more as a nightmare but once every two months or so I will get a nightmare about all my lamps that I have in storage destroyed as well was my fixtures.

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #221 on: September 12, 2018, 10:34:02 PM » Author: Cole D.
I had a dream this morning right before I woke up that I was at a garage sale at some place, and I found a Handyman/McGraw Edison/Cooper yard light. It wasn't in the box but it looked shiny and brand new. There was no bulb in it though or arm. I was carrying it around while I looked at the other tables, and then I woke up.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #222 on: September 26, 2018, 08:04:49 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
When I was 3 years old, I had a dream about a GE M250R2 (I didn't know it was that at the time, but looking back on it, it was a GE M250R2) 250 watt HPS streetlight chasing me down the road and it was also way brighter than 250W HPS should be. I was afraid of bright lights at the time (I was only 3 years old) and with it chasing us down the road, I woke up (it was the middle of the night) and started screaming.
Next, after having that dream, I started sleeping on my stomach. I would see bright lights (some PAR halogen "cylinder on a down rod" lights) shining in my eyes. A few years after that I started sleeping face up.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #223 on: September 26, 2018, 08:09:15 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Also, just recently (last Thursday night), I had a dream that the soffit of a building was lit with 700 watt mercs which were all green and dim. They were BT shaped and said GENERAL (GE) ELECTRIC on them but the rest of the etch looked like a Westinghouse (the real one) etch. I just had to have a few, so I ran up the building and unscrewed one (they were not hot at all). This all happened at night in the dream.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #224 on: November 04, 2018, 11:14:17 PM » Author: ace100w120v
In real life, for a short while I lived out in the middle of absolutely nowhere, in Tyee, Alaska, on Admiralty Island.  At times, I was the only person there, with my nearest neighbors being about 15 miles away across Chatam Strait.  At other times, I shared a house with 14 people. 

I real life, I have one of these fixtures. https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=2350&pos=11&pid=144811

In my dream, I was running from some people I worked with who were literally trying to kill me.  I intrinsically knew what I was one of the only other people in the area, so although I could run and hide it would be hard to find help.  While in this frenzied state, I happened upon this abandoned shack/cabin in the woods with four poles, with the aforementioned fixtures, covered in lichen, with smashed refractors and broken bulbs.  The inside of the place had also been lit with three of such. 

Undoubtedly they would have been run off a small gas generator...LOL
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies