Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91400 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #225 on: November 05, 2018, 10:01:18 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
We already had a ceiling fan that failed with sparks and smoke, how ironic! Now in my dreams I find neat stuff, no failing electric stuff anymore.
My parents told me one time a ceiling fan broke out of the electrical box and was hanging by the wire and flailing around the room. My mom was sleeping snd my dad turned the fan off and stopped the fan from moving.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #226 on: November 05, 2018, 10:03:21 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
When I was younger I used to have those "classic" dreams where I try to turn the lights in out house on, but instead they just stay extremely dim with reddish glow and everything becomes kinda creepy...
That can actually happen if your house is lit by Philips ALTOs! ;D ::)

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #227 on: November 07, 2018, 10:41:43 PM » Author: LampLover
When I was younger I used to have those "classic" dreams where I try to turn the lights in out house on, but instead they just stay extremely dim with reddish glow and everything becomes kinda creepy...

That actually happened (This had to be around 1997 when I was only 13 years old) to me once in an old house where the lighting (incandescent lamps) and outlets were on the same breaker it was a hot night and the compressor on my old window AC failed to start the first try (it finally did start but a few seconds latter the 15A breaker tripped, so I had to go reset it and then wait three minutes to try and restart the AC)  the lights practically dimmed to nothing as the AC compressor sucked down the amps   

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #228 on: November 08, 2018, 05:34:01 AM » Author: dor123
I had a night horror dream today, regarding to Haifa massively replacing HPS lanterns to Vizulo Stroke Little Brother LED lanterns recently:

The dream began when I awakening early in the morning at my mother home, to see that lot of the Europhane Pilote T1 lanterns near my mother home with their 100W HPS lamps, cycling with their original Europhane/Sabir/Thorn anti-cycle ignitors (With them waiting some period before restriking the lamps as usual, but cycling non-stop). Than when the dawn appearing, suddenly the Europhane Pilote T1 lanterns with their arms, disappearing from the electricity poles, and Vizulo Stroke Little Brother LED lanterns appearing instead.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:11:40 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #229 on: January 07, 2019, 02:43:02 AM » Author: dor123
I have once again a horror dream related to the Vizulo Stroke Little Brother LED lanterns at Tchernichovsky street (Don't remember its content).

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #230 on: April 05, 2019, 09:41:08 AM » Author: CEB1993
I had my first vivid lighting dream for the first time in a long time last night.  The dream began with me in the bonus room (the living room over the garage) at my grandparents' house.  I wanted to hide in the eave for some reason.  I might have been being searched for by someone.  My grandmother said that it's dark in the eave, so I can use a light that she gave me.

The light looked like a garage door motor with a candelabra based socket.  It had a 60 watt GE clear candelabra bulb in it, made in the Philippines.  The only problem was that this light device needed batteries.  It took four D-batteries and about 10 AA batteries, which I did not have.  I opened the door to the eave and noticed a pull-string.  This string turned on a light for the eave that I had never noticed before.  The bulb was a red etch 1980's vintage GE Miser, 95 watts.  I thought to myself how I never noticed that light in my grandparents' house before, and that it must be original with the house, built in the early 1990's.  

I went into the eave, shut the door behind me and noticed that the attic-like room is much larger than I remember it in real life.  I was standing on a 3 foot by 3 foot piece of plywood and surrounded by insulation on the ground.  I looked at the HVAC unit and noticed another pull-string light with the same red etch 95 watt bulb.  I heard voices (not my grandparents') outside the door and I suddenly became really nervous and decided to turn off the lights and be quiet.  I was hiding from someone.  My last thought before waking up was how long I would need to hide in this eave and what a small platform I was on.

I actually have one of these red etch lamps in my collection:

https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=search&cat=0&pos=4&pid=142617
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 09:52:26 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #231 on: April 06, 2019, 09:54:43 AM » Author: Binarix128
I dreamed with a SBMV bulb   ;D ;D , when it EOL
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #232 on: April 06, 2019, 10:35:18 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I dreamed that I found a street light in the free section of my local ReStore! :)
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #233 on: April 14, 2019, 01:27:45 PM » Author: Binarix128
I dreamed that I found a street light in the free section of my local ReStore! :)
Wow, what a dream jackpot!  :) :D
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #234 on: May 03, 2019, 10:26:21 PM » Author: Cole D.
I dreamed at the parking lot of a Church, near my house, that I had seen an older GE 201SA NEMA of the early style that was MV. I had never seen it before, since it was hidden by trees. And later I saw it did work when it got dark. But in actuality the parking lot is lit be HPS NEMAs and LED fixtures.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #235 on: May 03, 2019, 10:31:26 PM » Author: ace100w120v
I often have lighting dreams, then just forget to post them here! Often, in such, I find a lamp in a store or elsewhere and right before I buy it, I wake up...
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #236 on: May 03, 2019, 11:03:59 PM » Author: dor123
I've lots of dreams recently about the Thorn/Europhane Pilote T1 lanterns of my mother street, were they cycling in my dreams.
I also had a dream about LPS lanterns few days ago.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #237 on: May 04, 2019, 05:57:52 PM » Author: Cole D.
I dreamed I looked out of my parent's room window at the street, and I had seen a car coming down the street. It had clear headlight lenses, and inside had green and red lights that were alternating, like two green and one red and they were chasing like Christmas lights. Anyway, the car turned into the drive way and I suddenly, it came up quick all the way to the front porch, which scared me. I went to the door to look outside and then I realized the door was unlocked, so I tried to lock it but couldn't seem to turn the lock. I noticed none of the car doors had opened so I rushed to tell my parents what was going on but then I woke up.

So the only lighting related part was the headlights. lol

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #238 on: May 26, 2019, 06:23:19 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
I had a dream that my friend from school (who doesn't even know I like lighting/light switches) gave me 4 NOS GE 3 way mercury switches in return for 4 residential grade Leviton 3 way switches.

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #239 on: June 03, 2019, 06:31:45 AM » Author: High Intensity
I recently had a dream where i was driving down a road and saw an LED streetlight that was glowing a bright yellow color (like an SOX lamp) and when i went to get a closer look at it, i noticed that all of the LEDs on it were 5mm LEDs.

Another dream i had involved some streetlight poles getting taken down and on those poles were LED fixtures that i can only describe as Leotek GC1's on steroids.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies