Author Topic: Your dreams about lighting...  (Read 91371 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #270 on: April 05, 2021, 10:44:04 PM » Author: Lumex120
Let's revive this thread. Anyways, I had one where I turned on my laptop and the screen backlight somehow got converted to HPS, even doing the warmup colors when it was turned on.

Unofficial LG Discord

desktoptrashcan

View Posts
View Gallery

theroadrunner556
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #271 on: April 05, 2021, 10:45:47 PM » Author: desktoptrashcan
Let's revive this thread. Anyways, I had one where I turned on my laptop and the screen backlight somehow got converted to HPS, even doing the warmup colors when it was turned on.

This might be the weirdest one yet!  :lol:
No ill will intended, just a bit of fun. I’ve had my fair share of weird dreams.  :lol: :lol:
P.S. I wonder if a HPS LCD backlight would actually work?  :wndr:
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #272 on: April 05, 2021, 11:12:23 PM » Author: Lumex120
This might be the weirdest one yet!  :lol:
No ill will intended, just a bit of fun. I’ve had my fair share of weird dreams.  :lol: :lol:
P.S. I wonder if a HPS LCD backlight would actually work?  :wndr:
In terms of weirdness that one was actually pretty mild by my standards lol. Anyways, on the topic of HPS backlights, I'm working on an LCD projector that's going to use a 70w metal halide as the light source. I'm probably going to try HPS in it just for the lulz. I'm guessing the 120hz flicker might be problematic when it comes to things like watching videos or movies though. (not that I'd want to watch anything HPS colored for very long but yeah)

Unofficial LG Discord

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #273 on: April 13, 2021, 10:32:26 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I dreamt that I saw a black AEL 315 with an integrated LED board in 4,000K. It also had a drop lens.

I just had one last night. I was in California driving along a state highway. I saw these lights:
  • GE M-1000's without glare shields
  • Two GE Form 109's
  • A GE M-250A with a yellowed drop lens
  • Norelco SRP's on davit poles that looked like this
  • Hubbell Palomars on the same davit pole
  • GE M-400A2's in FCO
  • Some kind of offset roadway flood light (it was at night, so I couldn't tell what they were)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2022, 07:31:28 PM by LightsoftheWest » Logged

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #274 on: April 13, 2021, 11:36:20 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Recently, I was in an abandoned 1920s-1930s auditorium that was lit with mostly incandescent schoolhouse pendants. Upon looking at one of the pendant fixtures, one of the schoolhouse lights was replaced with a 400w prismatic metal halide high bay fixture running a 400w BT37 clear mercury vapor bulb. After a while, I walked into a room and there was this box full of dozens of Osram HQI-T 400W/DV and Osram HQI-T 400W/DH rare earth metal halide lamps and a few other lamps in the box too. In that dream, I thought about grabbing that box full of lamps and adding the Osram lamps to my collection, but the dream ended pretty quickly.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

f36t8

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #275 on: April 15, 2021, 06:15:52 PM » Author: f36t8
Last night, I dreamt that I had bought a box of random old lamps. While checked the contents, I found that one of the lamps was a rare (and in reality non-existent) 4 W SOX. I was very happy in that moment! It was around the size of a small CFL, with the usual arc tube in a tiny vacuum housing.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #276 on: April 15, 2021, 06:18:29 PM » Author: Rommie
Last night, I dreamt that I had bought a box of random old lamps. While checked the contents, I found that one of the lamps was a rare (and in reality non-existent) 4 W SOX. I was very happy in that moment! It was around the size of a small CFL, with the usual arc tube in a tiny vacuum housing.
If you didn't already know, a prototype 6W SOX lamp was developed, but it sadly never made it into production  :'(  :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

f36t8

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #277 on: April 16, 2021, 11:17:38 AM » Author: f36t8
If you didn't already know, a prototype 6W SOX lamp was developed, but it sadly never made it into production  :'(  :lps:
I read about it some weeks ago, and it might have been a sub-conscious inspiration for the dream. The lamp in my dream was similar but shorter, with the U-bend almost directly after the cathodes.
Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #278 on: April 24, 2021, 06:58:33 PM » Author: Binarix128
I've dreamed that all the LED streetlights in my area were changed back to HPS.  ;D
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #279 on: April 24, 2021, 07:04:35 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I've dreamed that all the LED streetlights in my area were changed back to HPS.  ;D
If only... sigh. :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #280 on: April 26, 2021, 01:50:58 PM » Author: LAllenLighting
Oh! I remember one. I was walking down a corridor in my old school (a corridor that in reality didn't exist!) and as my school did use a lot of Thorn EMI fittings (as it was built in the 1980s!) there were round drum-shape bulkheads that took 2D (some missing covers)... But they were all on and this corridor was literally lit with all of Thorn's coloured 2D range (which they also really did make!) I remember thinking in the dream, "better talk to the janitor and give him some modern white 2Ds as swaps ASAP so the lamps don't wear out till EOL!" Funny as that's exactly what I'd do were that installation really to exist!!  :bulbman:
LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #281 on: April 26, 2021, 01:59:05 PM » Author: LAllenLighting
...And remembered one more! This one's a bit cringy but I'm sure you'll find it funny. Well, I was with my college crush (yikes!) and I was taking her down a grassy area at night (a made up place!) but there were GEC SOX lanterns and SOX and MV versions of Phosco P178 lanterns (both these lanterns can indeed be found in these variants round my city still!) and we were walking together and I we were bathed in the monochromatic SOX light and greened-out MV light and I was pointing up and saying for each one, "this one's sodium, isn't it nice" and "this is a mercury vapour one, isn't it so atmospheric?" and cringy stuff like that!  :P It certainly is something I'd really do if I ended up going out with someone!  :lol: :lol:
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #282 on: April 26, 2021, 02:07:53 PM » Author: Rommie
I like that one..! Sammi will tell you that the first time she realised she was becoming a lighting nut was when we were on our way back to the car after having been out for a meal (this was back where I used to live) and she pointed up at one of the lighting columns in the car park and said "That's SOX..!"  :lol:

It was, too..! But the embarrassing thing was, I'd lived in that area for years and used that car park countless times, and I'd never noticed  :poof:  :-[

And this wasn't a dream, either  :-[  :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #283 on: April 26, 2021, 05:39:09 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I like that one..! Sammi will tell you that the first time she realised she was becoming a lighting nut was when we were on our way back to the car after having been out for a meal (this was back where I used to live) and she pointed up at one of the lighting columns in the car park and said "That's SOX..!"  :lol:

It was, too..! But the embarrassing thing was, I'd lived in that area for years and used that car park countless times, and I'd never noticed  :poof:  :-[

And this wasn't a dream, either  :-[  :lps:

Embarrassing but rather funny!  :laugh: :lps:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Your dreams about lighting... « Reply #284 on: April 26, 2021, 06:46:31 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Embarrassing but rather funny!  :laugh: :lps:
The good thing was I didn't get a slap...   :mrg: It was definitely my lighting 'moment' though and I've not looked back.   8) :lps:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies