Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249737 times)
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1095 on: January 22, 2022, 06:38:05 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Went to the restore and picked up some lamps, also got some F40T12 lamps from my Great Grandma. 8)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1096 on: January 22, 2022, 07:06:56 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Typed up a list of all the outdoor lighting manufacturers that I know. There's currently 73 on the list.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1097 on: January 24, 2022, 07:55:54 PM » Author: joseph_125
Made a little device to take advantage of the 0-10V dimming on my RFS so I can manually adjust the output of it.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1098 on: February 02, 2022, 07:07:06 PM » Author: Econolite03
I ordered a SunTech by Fisher Pierce (FP7790B-SSS) photocell for my street light collection. It will be navy blue and made in 2019 with the green window. I got it off eBay for about $10 plus shipping.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1099 on: February 03, 2022, 02:35:55 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Replaced 4 burnt out fluorescent battens in our paint shop ovens  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1100 on: February 14, 2022, 01:12:38 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Lit up a 175w Philips clear MV from 1997. Haven't lit it ever since I got it last year.
Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1101 on: February 14, 2022, 02:56:00 AM » Author: Econolite03
I looked at all the light fixtures at work, our break room has LED troffers however one of the conference rooms has rapid start troffers.
Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1102 on: February 22, 2022, 09:29:01 AM » Author: Roi_hartmann
One of the fluorescent lamps in my home office went eol today. It was Belux 36W 850 t8. Seems like one of the cathodes ran out of juice as it started rectifying untill it could not keep up arc and cut out starter kicked in. I think the lamp was only in use for few years and did around 8hrs per day so not that great service life for that particular lamp. Replaced it with Philips TL-D Eco 32W 840 due to energy price being what it is.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1103 on: March 14, 2022, 12:48:50 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I was doing some random "experiments"(in other words: 'weird tests' -or- 'abuse')  with a F32 IS ballast:

Test1:
Put a good F32T8 + a EOL F14T5 in parallel on one of the outputs.
First few times I plugged it in, both would light(not at full brightness), then after a few seconds the F14 would flicker & go out, making the F32 full brightness.
Finally I got both to light & stay lit! Running in parallel . (And running completely stable I might add)...then even better, they both ended up mercury migrating!
Basically what I rigged up was something where the AC was split in half, so sorta DC(half the AC waveform) on each lamp. .LOL.
Ballast only got warm.

Test2:
Same thing but a pair of EOL F34's in parallel...those fired right up, one slightly after the other & both stayed on.
Again they're running stable, no flickering or colors in the ends. I assume migration would happen if I left it on long enough. 

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1104 on: March 17, 2022, 04:32:53 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Currently about 10 feet up installing lights in my foyer wings. 8)  :mrg:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1105 on: March 18, 2022, 12:11:35 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Finished editing a couple 'death of a fluorescent' EOL videos. .lol.
(& posted one on YT)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1106 on: March 18, 2022, 01:03:22 AM » Author: 108CAM
I tested out my first ever T10 fluorescent tube which also happened to be my first ever pink tube! I also repaired some F40T12 fixtures with parts salvaged from another fixture that didn't work.

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1107 on: March 18, 2022, 03:02:05 AM » Author: thelightingman
The other day I restored my vintage 3 lamp F40T12 fixture. It was originally painted blue and black for some reason but someone had tried to paint it white but it looked awful, so I just removed all the paint and repainted it the original color. I kept the inside of the reflector white since it has a porcelain coating on it. I just need starters for it and 2 more lamps and then I can install it. Pictures will be coming soon once that's all done.

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1108 on: March 18, 2022, 03:35:13 AM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
Today, I was able to reliably start and operate my Japanese FPR96 CFL lamps on 70w M98 pulse start metal halide ballasts without ignitors and on 100w H38 mercury vapor HX autotransformer ballasts using Palmstep ÖKO 8 4w-180w electronic pulse starters and they seem to work much better with those electronic starters than they do with traditional glowbottle starters, which cause periodic EOL style flickering.

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

108CAM

View Posts
View Gallery

Diehard MV, HPS, SOX & Preheat Fluorescent Fanatic

UCG6Xojn8dNgDuN9J7_Gnj8w
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #1109 on: March 18, 2022, 05:42:42 AM » Author: 108CAM
I accidentally smashed a very special fluorescent tube and will likely never find another one
It was my pink F40T10 Japanese tube :'( :'( 

Fluro starter pings combined with a 50hz ballast hum and blinking tubes is music to my ears.

Rest in Peace Electronic Lamp Manufacturers of Australia
1925-2002

Bring back the AJF Zodiacs!

Total incidents since joining LG: 17
Lamps accidently broken or smashed: 14
Ballast explosions/burnouts: 3

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies