Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 190038 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1020 on: March 04, 2023, 07:05:01 PM » Author: joseph_125
Got a ton of snow here starting at around 7PM last night and containing until early this morning. 10 to 12 inches I believe. Fortunately my area didn't lose power.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1021 on: March 04, 2023, 07:13:13 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 We got about 2.5 inches of rain yeasterday ! If it'd been snow, I probably wouldn't have been able to get out of the house !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1022 on: March 04, 2023, 08:05:49 PM » Author: joseph_125
My street still hasn't been plowed yet but fortunately traffic going in and out mostly flattened the snow. Usually all the big snow storms happen in Jan/Feb but sometimes they'll show up in March or even April.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1023 on: March 04, 2023, 08:11:38 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 Knock on wood but we haven't had decent amounts of snow here this season ! I think we've seen MAYBE a couple of inches total this season .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1024 on: March 04, 2023, 08:16:06 PM » Author: joseph_125
Hopefully that was the last major snow storm of the year. We had a really mild two weeks in February though. Felt more like Mid March in terms of weather.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1025 on: March 05, 2023, 04:37:50 PM » Author: High Intensity
Okay, so we just had hail, something that literally never happens in this area.
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1026 on: March 05, 2023, 04:39:59 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Another snowstorm last night with over a foot of snow! Where was this all during Christmas???

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1027 on: March 24, 2023, 12:13:14 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Looks like there may be a potentially large & dangerous severe-weather outbreak (including tornadoes) down in Dixie Alley tomorrow.
that's a long way from me, but if I was there, I'd make sure to have multiple cameras charged & ready....to go video & photo some storms.

---
To anyone living in the affected states, stay safe! (and hope any tornadic activity that does occur remains in open fields)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1028 on: March 25, 2023, 12:34:37 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Well...
It looks like that forecast has verified tonight.
Multiple tornadoes have occurred down in MS :o
A couple looked pretty bad on radar, and from what I've heard sounds like they may have been.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1029 on: March 25, 2023, 01:40:53 AM » Author: Cole D.
We haven’t had any severe weather here in Florida. In fact, I can’t remember the last time we had thunderstorm!

I did notice on Weather Channel some tornadoes in MS, AL and going into TN. And I notice that area seems common to have tornadoes, and frequently see severe weather around Huntsville AL area.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1030 on: March 25, 2023, 01:12:29 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Cole D:
I'm surprised you wouldn't have had any recent thunderstorms being in FL
(last time we had one here in CO was last summer.. but that's normal, we don't get them in winter)

---
That area down there is the tornado-alley of the southeast & is known as "Dixie Alley" for that reason.
Winter tornadoes aren't uncommon there.

---------------
On the storms in MS/TN last night, haven't had a chance to look around much, but this sounds bad.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1031 on: March 25, 2023, 01:48:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
Usually here in Glorida we get the thunderstorms more in the summer.

But in the winter we usually have them when cold fronts come in. And I find those exciting, because usually get them at late night/early morning, when the warm and cool air starts te mixing.

It makes very LOUD thunder that even causes the windows to vibrate. So it wakes me up usually and since it’s pitch dark, you don’t know where it is without pulling out the radar.

I really enjoy those kinds of storms, but of course as long as there are no tornadoes like last night in some states.

And I also enjoy the storms that come in just as I’m going home and as I’m driving, I see the leaves blowing and sky gets dark, and I can get home just before it lets out the rain pour!

But that hasn’t happened in a long time. Hopefully this summer.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1032 on: March 31, 2023, 07:46:57 PM » Author: suzukir122
Severe weather is back... I'm hearing there were several large tornadoes confirmed on the ground today. Possible mass casualty as well...? The Chief
Meteorologist for my news station, 2 news, just said this. I hope that info is incorrect.
Ohio is in for a bite as well from those storms. Chance for tornadoes, and also the threat of 80mph winds with those storms. This could be a late
night event, and THAT is what sucks.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1033 on: March 31, 2023, 08:11:51 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yikes, the weather in Ontario has been rather boring today, it kinda just drizzled the entire day although I heard the rain might pick up again later in the night.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1034 on: April 01, 2023, 08:58:35 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: suzukir122
Severe weather is back... I'm hearing there were several large tornadoes confirmed on the ground today. Possible mass casualty as well...? The Chief
Meteorologist for my news station, 2 news, just said this. I hope that info is incorrect.
Oh yeah that's for sure, severe weather was back big time yesterday...and late into the night. (was watching on radar, and even there with some you could tell...yep that's on the ground and probably a bad one. I also had a few YouTube storm-chaser livestreams running)

As of now the SPC shows 80 tornado reports from that system (remember that a single tor can generate more than 1 report) .. plus 440 severe wind reports & 328 large hail reports.
When I was looking at some of the tornado warnings while watching radar, there were a couple where the storms were moving at 80mph! (most were in the 40-60 mph range, and multiple had a PDS(Particularly dangerous Situation) warning - something used only for more extreme cases)
Just think of a tornado-warned storm blasting towards you at 80mph, at night. .eek.

--------------
No storms where I am, but related to that system that brought the nasty weather to the central part of the country, we got wing with gusts of 50+ mph yesterday.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 09:01:09 PM by xmaslightguy » Logged

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies